Food & Drink The Spirits & Vino thread

Remove this Banner Ad

I love a peated single malt and this distillery makes heavily peated scotches. It's strong and to my liking, however is somewhat of an acquired taste & may not suite everyone.
I would definitely rate it in my top 10.

Also love the Octomore range from bruichladdich however that is outside my price restriction of $100/bottle and I enjoy it when my brother is in a sharing mood.

Glenmorangie also makes some good single malts under $100 that are lovely neat (e.g. quinta ruban; nectar d'or, the lasanta).

Cheval Ticky009

https://www.theginkin.com/2018/03/05/hold-gin-easter-eggs-hot-cross-bun-gin/

hot-cross-bun-gin.png

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I’m a big believer in supporting home grown distillery. Here’s some recs and if you want to spread your wings exploring Aussie spirits it’s a good place to start.
https://www.goodfood.com.au/drinks/...leries-giving-spirits-a-shake-20180420-h0z0rz

Thanks for sharing Ticky009. Unfortunately the cost of $250/bottle of single malt prices me out of the market for Aussie brands when I can get a fantastic scotch imported for under $100.

Laguvalin 16yr old Islay is divine and what I'm currently sipping of an evening.

Since I exposed I work for a company that distributes some fine alcoholic products....

A couple for peeps to try:

Ratu Rum 8yo Signature Liqueur
Well priced $55-$65
Absolutely delicious. Even if you don’t like rum it will surprise you!
Drink it neat.

We have launched a new gin recently for the gin lovers. Roku Japanese Gin. Again sits around $55-$65

TheMase I second your nomination for Roku Japanese Gin it’s a great drop

You must not be the only one mate as we have had trouble keeping up supply to our warehouses!

Gin is the trendy spirit at the moment and thankfully much easier to make than its Japanese Whisky cousins which are high demand but short supply.

You must not be the only one mate as we have had trouble keeping up supply to our warehouses!

Gin is the trendy spirit at the moment and thankfully much easier to make than its Japanese Whisky cousins which are high demand but short supply.

I prefer the Gin of Japanese varieties actually and it goes with more things and it’s less common so it’s a good party thing

Since I exposed I work for a company that distributes some fine alcoholic products....

Well priced $55-$65
Drink it neat.

We have launched a new gin recently for the gin lovers. Roku Japanese Gin. Again sits around $55-$65

$45 at Changi Airport!

Time to book some flights..

Well priced $55-$65
Drink it neat.

My newest favouritist poster......

So, it is Winter Solstice. What to cook and imbibe during the day ahead of dinner.

I am today freezing my arse off in Wattle Flat - halfway between Ballarat and Daylesford and colder than a Tory's charity.

Lunch - Leftover Barramundi and celeriac mash rissoles and a few veg.

Dinner -

Pork Sirloin, beaten, smeared with a thin mayo cover and crumbed for fierce frying,

Citrus Sauce, more celeriac mashed with spuds and garlic, slow cooked cabbage with caraway and white wine and olive oil, roasted pears and apples with drizzles of hot New orleans sauce

Dessert - Mandarine Creampots (fave old Stephane Alexander recipe)

Booze - already on my first Hawkes Bay Pinot Gris. Use for cooking and swallowing while I cook. As I am not allowed to drink reds anymore, I will later get into some old Marsanne. Also have remainder of some home made Italian Nocino to swallow greedily while we chew away on some Haigh's choccies.

Winter need not be grim and there will be a roaring fire. Besides the Bloods had a fabulous win.

Since returning from The UK you lot.
Fu has found marinating oneself in Tobermory 12 yr old single malt, jolly good!
🥃

Remove this Banner Ad

Back