Votes: 2 1.2%
  • Noah Balta

• Aiden Bonar

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

And all this may be true but where is there any reference to any of it other than BF opinion? C'mon Salim, you regularly pick people up for having opinions that the club itself hasn't come out and said itself. With due respect I think Collins and Marc Webb might have more credible insight than us BF punters. You are entitled to your opinion but it's opinion not fact until the club says so itself.
You are a much nicer human than I.

Greg Denham on Sen has us taking Dow at 2 and Cerra at 5. Rayner at 1 and LDU at 3. Brayshaw to Norths. Brayshay was interviewed on SEN and came across as some one with the right attitude and his head screwed on the right way.

I'm a little puzzled by the Brisbane and Carlton poles and commentson BF re LDU. Brisbane posts are saying he is not sure of commitment and desire to succeed etc and Carlton firmly fixed on Raynor ahead of LDU if both available re their pick. Our Freo poll is much more positive on LDU.

I'm the same, don't know where the knock on him not being committed comes from.

Seems a well rounded young bloke from the interviews I've seen,

Maybe he is a bit laconic in his nature being a non-city lad who loves to surf. Sounds committed to me

Me likey! So potential last pick in the draft, or can we wait for Rookie draft?

Next year ..,. Not available this year but will train with the guys over the summer as part of Next Generation academy . He is likely to be our first academy pick. Same scenario as GWS, Gold Coast, Brisbane and Sydney academies have picked and developed players.

Anyone else share the view that our first pick may then alter what we select with our second. For some reason an LDU and Fogarty fit seems better than Rayner and Fogarty.

And all this may be true but where is there any reference to any of it other than BF opinion? C'mon Salim, you regularly pick people up for having opinions that the club itself hasn't come out and said itself. With due respect I think Collins and Marc Webb might have more credible insight than us BF punters. You are entitled to your opinion but it's opinion not fact until the club says so itself.

On Logue the consensus is that he is not a lock as a key defender. Webb is only one voice and Collins is an axed player who wanted an excuse for his axing. I would take any thing he said with a grain of salt. Cox has been a forward his whole career ,please explain why he is now going to be a gun defender.

Me likey! So potential last pick in the draft, or can we wait for Rookie draft?
I can't remember the exact name of the show, but Kevin Sheehan and Mike Ablett both ranked Carter in the top 25 for next year. He'll get bid on early.

EDIT this is the video link:
It's facebook so hopefully works for people

Last edited:
Forget those 2, my recollection is both the coach and the list manager as being on record as viewing Cox primarily as a defender. Two minutes googling produced this and this for instance.

On Logue the consensus is that he is not a lock as a key defender. Webb is only one voice and Collins is an axed player who wanted an excuse for his axing. I would take any thing he said with a grain of salt. Cox has been a forward his whole career ,please explain why he is now going to be a gun defender.
Again can you reference articles or quotes from officials at the club stating any of this? Why is Webb saying something different from the concensus publicly? Cox was AA u18s CHB... reckon he might know how to play as a defender.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Will you take Cox's own words?

http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/sport...d/news-story/e8880966f061d552614c0092719b074d

He sees himself as a defender and wants to defend.

I actually agree with the first bolded, he may have been told that but I think it's just a platitude from the club. We don't too many developing tall defenders. With Johnson old and Collins delisted as not being good enough I guarantee at least one of our 4th round on picks will be a tall defender.
As for the second; you know that isn't true. He may have played some SANFL colts and reserves forward but his U18 games were all back and was the 2016 U18AA CHB 2016. He described himself as a better defender before he was drafted.

Come at me then, hiding behind your keyboard shows who you are.

If only we could see at the other end LOL

d19f6a05523883fb38067557baf20692--funny-things-funny-stuff.jpg

Again can you reference articles or quotes from officials at the club stating any of this? Why is Webb saying something different from the concensus publicly? Cox was AA u18s CHB... reckon he might know how to play as a defender.

He was CHB by default , the SA CHB was injured . Cox was selected as a forward as was Pearce. Apart from Collins who else at the club has pencilled in Cox as a backman. Cox also knows how to play as a forward which is why he is at 18 years of age holding down a key forward position in the AFL and doing a great job. Freo are lacking key forwards so why is a good young key forward being constantly referred to as our future CHB when we supposedly have a plethora of defenders and nil key forwards.

He was CHB by default , the SA CHB was injured . Cox was selected as a forward as was Pearce. Apart from Collins who else at the club has pencilled in Cox as a backman. Cox also knows how to play as a forward which is why he is at 18 years of age holding down a key forward position in the AFL and doing a great job. Freo are lacking key forwards so why is a good young key forward being constantly referred to as our future CHB when we supposedly have a plethora of defenders and nil key forwards.
Ask the coach and the list manager.

I actually agree with the first bolded, he may have been told that but I think it's just a platitude from the club. We don't too many developing tall defenders. With Johnson old and Collins delisted as not being good enough I guarantee at least one of our 4th round on picks will be a tall defender.
As for the second; you know that isn't true. He may have played some SANFL colts and reserves forward but his U18 games were all back and was the 2016 U18AA CHB 2016. He described himself as a better defender before he was drafted.

Bloody paywall, can you copy pasta please :thumbsu:

Carter could have a quiet year and slip a long way. Two years out before the draft has a lotof risk

But isn’t that what the NGA is all about.. giving him the best possible chance to show he is good enough and develop the required skills.

He has to show the development and easiest way to do that is next years U18 champs and the games he plays for Claremont.

Freo will no doubt have a good look at him this preseason to see his attitude, and skill set.

He was CHB by default , the SA CHB was injured

Not really. Cox played CHB in the U16 Championships in 2015 too. It's what the SA coaches saw him as. And a lot of his goals for Woodville came from him playing in the ruck, in much the same role as he did for us this year.

Back