North Island New Zealand

Remove this Banner Ad

Looking at booking a hotel in Auckland and for e.g. they advertise the price at $250 a night but then they say pay a mandatory hotel fee of $200 collected by the Hotel, does anyone know what this means ? When I book hotels in Melbourne or anywhere in Australia they don't have this. Thanks.

Anyone been for two weeks, three weeks or so and done it pretty cheap? Was meant to have a little bit in Auckland as a stopover but ended up changing flights and having no money. Won't have a car, how easy is getting around? Easier to stick to one island or what? Anyone stayed in Napier for a few nights?

Also they do 15 packs of beer there for like 20 bucks?

Won't have a car, how easy is getting around?

I hitchhiked around the south island for a few weeks and usually got picked up within 10 minutes. Might be a bit dodgier around Auckland, but out in the countryside you should be sweet.

Anyone been for two weeks, three weeks or so and done it pretty cheap? Was meant to have a little bit in Auckland as a stopover but ended up changing flights and having no money. Won't have a car, how easy is getting around? Easier to stick to one island or what? Anyone stayed in Napier for a few nights?

Also they do 15 packs of beer there for like 20 bucks?
Getting around sans your own car would be much easier in the North. It's possible in the South, but you may find it very difficult to get to some parts of the island without hitchiking. Much more passenger rail in the North than South, for example.

What time of year are you going? Auckland is okay as a city - but my advice would be to not devote that much time to it. Two or three days is enough.

Getting around sans your own car would be much easier in the North. It's possible in the South, but you may find it very difficult to get to some parts of the island without hitchiking. Much more passenger rail in the North than South, for example.

What time of year are you going? Auckland is okay as a city - but my advice would be to not devote that much time to it. Two or three days is enough.
Some cheap flights in Jan to March.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back