Society/Culture Why I blame Islam for the fact it's raining today....

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bengali Muslim radicals and even semi-moderates are a completely different kettle of fish compared to the ones we see in the middle east. I travel to that part of the world quite often for business and i am telling you, minority religious groups (even within Islam), atheists, gays, transexuals live in fear. Outside of thrashing Hindu villages and temples, how many atheists been murdered in Bangladesh in the past 2 years? just google. Even the moderates hate atheists but they dont act out in public like that but secretly they are happy if atheists get murdered.I asked one of them once about what does he think of the atheist murders and he replied "ofcourse its a tragedy but honestly they should not be speaking up against our religion in public, if you disrespect god you will pay the ultimate price". I was shocked to hear that, i was working with this bloke , highly educated and so on, but it doesnt look like he is too concerned about the human rights violations there, he needs to find a legitimate excuse for the radicals.
Islam in the subcontinent overall is hellish. Pakistan is little better than Bangladesh. I wonder if it is cultural or specific to the conditions there. Unlike the Middle East and Maghreb, there is one gigantic polytheistic religion Muslims have to live side by side with, and shirk is probably the most detestable thing in Islam.

I saw that when he first appeared. Suspect his accent is a bit bunged on, every now and again I can hear pure Aussie drawl slide in but I think he's a legit Imam if all is required is the study and to lead in prayers. (I checked it out)

He might do some good even if he is a dickhead.
Read further. He's not, he's doing exactly what they do in the middle east. Fight between each other (Sunni muslims and Shi'ite muslims)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Read further. He's not, he's doing exactly what they do in the middle east. Fight between each other (Sunni muslims and Shi'ite muslims)

Oh yeh yeh I forgot, also ... I saw Sam Harris endorse him in a tweet!

I get that too, the Sunni Shi'ite never ending battle for the muslim soul but I don't understand how that plays out when he's obviously a rebellious Shiíte?

Actually, I didn't say it was but Libya is predominantly Islamic and I wasn't sure where to put this. I'll have to check what legal system they're using but think it's basically been overrun by militia groups.

Slavery pretty much originated and flourished in Africa and unfortunately still goes on now.
What happened in the USA was the pretty much ALL the blacks there were slaves at the time, so the white Americans associated their skin colour with their status. ie Black = Slave

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back