List Mgmt. 2017 draft thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Yeah, but he'd be considered a long term player. Picking him up means that you may be able to fill a void down the track if players in his position either leave or regress. A solid option. Having said that, I prefer that no one bids on him until after our first 3 selections.

Not too keen after my few hours of research :p

Not easy to post the article given that it's stylised (let's see if someone manages to do it), but pretty much most of the players that we wanted with our first 3 picks are gone by our pick 20. Also, he had a Naish bid at 14, before our first pick 17.

template

1. Cameron Rayner
2. Luke Davies-Uniacke
3. Adam Cerra
4. Paddy Dow
5. Darcy Fogarty
6. Sam Hayes
7. Nick Coffield
8. Jaidyn Stephenson
9. Jack Higgins
10. Jarrod Brander
11. Charlie Constable
12. Hunter Clark
13. Lochie O'Brien
14. Patrick Naish
15. Noah Balta
16. Lachlan Fogarty
17. Aaron Naughton (won't have if we match Naish bid)
18. Andrew Brayshaw
19. Gryan Miers
20. Matthew Ling (Assume is our pick)
21. Aiden Bonar
22. Harrison Petty
23. Oscar Allen
24. Joel Garner
25. Connor Ballenden (Brisbane match)
26. Ryley Stoddart (Assume is our pick)
27. Nathan Murphy
28. Ed Richards
29. Charlie Ballard
30. James Worpel

Won't do the rest of the top 50 as it does not relate, but it has players like Coleman-Jones also being taken before our picks in the 50.
Only players available at our first pick (pick 20 given that pick 17 is likely a matched bid for Naish) from those frequently mentioned as "wants" on this board are Oscar Allen and Aiden Bonar.
In this scenario i would pass on Naish and Sydney can have him for 2 years before he wants to come home to play with his brother's

#17 - Aiden Bonar
#20 - Oscar Allen
#25 - Ed Richards / Nathan Murphy

Yeah, I think it is his personal ranking. If I read correctly, he stated that it wasn't a mock draft as such.

Still, I wouldn't want it to eventuate like that. Hopefully Naish lasts until after our 3rd pick.

It won’t and I wouldn’t stress about Naish, he will get past our first two picks and probably 25.

Honestly I’m more concerned if he will make it at AFL level, his game does not translate very well to the top flight. I’m just hoping he has been holding back in some areas of his game to slide for us. It has been done before by f/s, Hunter being the most obvious.

Yeah, but he'd be considered a long term player. Picking him up means that you may be able to fill a void down the track if players in his position either leave or regress. A solid option. Having said that, I prefer that no one bids on him until after our first 3 selections.

Not too keen after my few hours of research :p

Not easy to post the article given that it's stylised (let's see if someone manages to do it), but pretty much most of the players that we wanted with our first 3 picks are gone by our pick 20. Also, he had a Naish bid at 14, before our first pick 17.

template

1. Cameron Rayner
2. Luke Davies-Uniacke
3. Adam Cerra
4. Paddy Dow
5. Darcy Fogarty
6. Sam Hayes
7. Nick Coffield
8. Jaidyn Stephenson
9. Jack Higgins
10. Jarrod Brander
11. Charlie Constable
12. Hunter Clark
13. Lochie O'Brien
14. Patrick Naish
15. Noah Balta
16. Lachlan Fogarty
17. Aaron Naughton (won't have if we match Naish bid)
18. Andrew Brayshaw
19. Gryan Miers
20. Matthew Ling (Assume is our pick)
21. Aiden Bonar
22. Harrison Petty
23. Oscar Allen
24. Joel Garner
25. Connor Ballenden (Brisbane match)
26. Ryley Stoddart (Assume is our pick)
27. Nathan Murphy
28. Ed Richards
29. Charlie Ballard
30. James Worpel

Won't do the rest of the top 50 as it does not relate, but it has players like Coleman-Jones also being taken before our picks in the 50.
Only players available at our first pick (pick 20 given that pick 17 is likely a matched bid for Naish) from those frequently mentioned as "wants" on this board are Oscar Allen and Aiden Bonar.

That would be awesome for us if it plays out like that, dont match Naish bid, Grab Brayshaw and Bonar with 17 and 20, wouldn't matter who we picked up after that, lol.

It won’t and I wouldn’t stress about Naish, he will get past our first two picks and probably 25.

Honestly I’m more concerned if he will make it at AFL level, his game does not translate very well to the top flight. I’m just hoping he has been holding back in some areas of his game to slide for us. It has been done before by f/s, Hunter being the most obvious.

One thing that'll help Naish is the fact that no-one is assuming he'll be an inside/outside midfielder and as such, he won't be played out of position. Guys like Aish and Toumpas were drafted in the assumption they would become midfielders.

Naish also has the speed and endurance to play as a wingman, unlike Toumpas and Aish who aren't known for speed.

That would be awesome for us if it plays out like that, dont match Naish bid, Grab Brayshaw and Bonar with 17 and 20, wouldn't matter who we picked up after that, lol.
Isn't Brayshaw & Bonar something that St Kilda would be happy with at #7 & #8 ? Imagine us getting them 17 & 20.

One thing that'll help Naish is the fact that no-one is assuming he'll be an inside/outside midfielder and as such, he won't be played out of position. Guys like Aish and Toumpas were drafted in the assumption they would become midfielders.

Naish also has the speed and endurance to play as a wingman, unlike Toumpas and Aish who aren't known for speed.
Both showed they could play as midfielders against men in the SANFL, which seems to have sucked a few in. Much like how we got sucked in by Tambling's SANFL form.

Naish expected to be bid on after 25, Brander may fall to 17, Hayes potentially 25, all you need to go with that is a Bonar and it could be a great night.

The most exciting thing about this draft is the recruiters have NFI who is going to be good. The top picks are uncertain, the touted gun KPPs are slipping, and everyone is getting wet over mosquitoes because they saw what the Tiger Army did in finals. However, while they are all confused we may as well land the next gun mid, KPF, Ruckman and our father son favourite

Both showed they could play as midfielders against men in the SANFL, which seems to have sucked a few in. Much like how we got sucked in by Tambling's SANFL form.
It's interesting, Aish was almost universally lauded, except for quigley who spotted all his flaws. With Aish I think people just fell in love with how classy he looked and just presumed that since he was playing against men he'd be fine. But in hindsight, the flaws were there to see.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Can anyone tell me it’s regard to the F-S system, does the club have to use its next pick to match the points (less discount) or can we use any combination of available picks?

e.g. let’s say the Bulldogs decide to select Patrick Naish at 9 (unlikely but just say)
Pick 9 is worth 1469 points
With F-S discount of 20% we can get him for 1175 points
For which we could add picks 17 & 55 (1025 + 207)

Or can we keep picks 17 and 20, and make the points up using picks 25, 53 & 55 (756 + 233 + 207)?
Obviously that means we can get better players with our remaining selections.

Can anyone tell me it’s regard to the F-S system, does the club have to use its next pick to match the points (less discount) or can we use any combination of available picks?

e.g. let’s say the Bulldogs decide to select Patrick Naish at 9 (unlikely but just say)
Pick 9 is worth 1469 points
With F-S discount of 20% we can get him for 1175 points
For which we could add picks 17 & 55 (1025 + 207)

Or can we keep picks 17 and 20, and make the points up using picks 25, 53 & 55 (756 + 233 + 207)?
Obviously that means we can get better players with our remaining selections.

We have to use the next available pick. We don't get to choose.

Not a huge fan of the bidding system for f/s prospects I understand that they want to keep it fair and wanting clubs to pay a fair price for players for example Geelong getting Ablett jr for basically nothing but in the same token personally I’m not against that either

Imagine if Ablett was in this years draft and was bid on for pick one and he wasn’t able to play for Geelong or down the track Dusty has a son who doesn’t get the opitubity to play for the tigs

It’s great seeing the sons of clubs past champions playing for the club they have history with and it’s only a matter of time until a player will not be playing at said club because of this system and they either don’t have enough points or a number of prospects come through for one club in the same year

Rant over.

Plus the fact we no longer seem to play our Draftees out of position which also helps.

Not a huge fan of the bidding system for f/s prospects I understand that they want to keep it fair and wanting clubs to pay a fair price for players for example Geelong getting Ablett jr for basically nothing but in the same token personally I’m not against that either

Imagine if Ablett was in this years draft and was bid on for pick one and he wasn’t able to play for Geelong or down the track Dusty has a son who doesn’t get the opitubity to play for the tigs

It’s great seeing the sons of clubs past champions playing for the club they have history with and it’s only a matter of time until a player will not be playing at said club because of this system and they either don’t have enough points or a number of prospects come through for one club in the same year

Rant over.
I agree, it's there because of the Northern Clubs Academy rorting system.

Rant over.
Yes, but if the kids that good, you 'find' the points.

Pick 1... you trade and get points.

Imagine if M.Rioli is obsolutely dominating in his draft year, and we've won the premiership again, and given up future picks the year before to bring in Lynch.

I guess thats what you are suggesting, we simply dont have the points... not even close.

For MR, a couple of good players have some uncomfortable meetings!!

make it easy, if you are lucky enough to be a father son you should be able to play for your dad's club if you want, if someone bids you should just have to give your first pick after the bid regardless of what number your pick is forget the points.
That's the system that allowed Essendon to get Joe Daniher with pick 10 when he would otherwise have been pick 1. Huge advantage for the Bombers, not fair for the other 17 clubs. The points system might be flawed, but it's better than what was there before.

Has that guru:drunk: ben lennon lover cal twoomey put his phamtom draft out yet or is he he still busy jerking off to his hidden sister videos he filmed. Never heard such a flog with so much self importance about his phantom draft. None of it will be from watching any of the players it will all be whispers and stuff he can gain from ringing clubs and annoying the * out of them every day.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back