Training 2018 - Preseason training

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone remember if Ethan Hughes had good time trial results in previous years? I've always been a fan of him and it seems to me he's bulked up a bit off season. Great to know he's been able to add muscle but increase speed at the same time!

I think Hughes came in together with Fyfe and de Luca in the 3km.

Does anyone know if Sean Darcy ran? Id love to know how he went if possible.

Does anyone know if Sean Darcy ran? Id love to know how he went if possible.
Photos on the website showed he ran. No idea of time or improvement from last year.

He looks much leaner than last year, so you'd have to assume a corresponding fitness improvement.

Going to training tomorrow morning for the first time at Cockburn, any instructions on best way to get in/viewing areas etc most welcome. Will promise to post training report as payment.
Assuming Ross and a few others will be off at the draft but training would be as normal?
Come in the main doors and head straight, up the big stairs and keep heading straight until you see glass doors facing you but to the left of where you are. Through those and down the stairs to the watcher viewing area. You can check it out from the 2nd level as well over the balcony unless it's blocked for a function.

Going to training tomorrow morning for the first time at Cockburn, any instructions on best way to get in/viewing areas etc most welcome. Will promise to post training report as payment.
Assuming Ross and a few others will be off at the draft but training would be as normal?
It is quite easy. Just park at the centre, go in the main doors, and walk to the other end of the building. Look out for a door way to the out side on the left at the end of the building. Go outdoors, down the stairs, and to the left is an undercover area where all the watchers will be. If in doubt just ask.

I might even see you there tomorrow.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

When you go into the Cockburn Arc the Freo store and membership area is right at the back but you can clearly see it. You will see a function room at the very back of the building that looks out onto the oval/training area. There is a door to the left that leads you outside and some stairs will be right in front of you.

You can take the stairs down to ground level which is undercover and where most of the watchers are. Or for better views just stay up top on the balcony and enjoy the sun.

I attended training this morning. My first of this pre season.

There were a number of players who I only saw run laps. These included Sandi, the Hills, Lachie Neale, Kersten, Hamling, Bennell, SonSon, Sherro, Sutty, Apeness (without any knee brace), Johnno, Luke Ryan, Matera, Brady Grey, Danyle. Cox.

Players I saw taking part in ball drills included Connor, Ed (who also did some running, making Ballas and Grey look like they weren't trying), Mr Darcy, Logue, Ballas (who did some ball work, some running), Ethan (still favouring his arm), Nyhuis, Mundy (who also did some running), Tucker, Cam Mc (more running than ball work).

If I haven't mentioned a player I didn't see him. There were some players working on the far side of the ground and I don't know who was over there.

I was told Tabs has a leg injury.

With the ball work Logue, Ed and Tucker seemed the most involved.

One of the drills was a keep it off type game with kicking to other team mates. I thought Cam Mc, Ballas and Mundy shone here.

Mr Darcy is so slimmed down I did not recognise his frame for some time - he was in a hat so I could not see his face.

Did the big Ape look as though he was in decent shape dockerfemme??
Running freely at decent pace,pushing Bhilly to the limit etc..??
My impression is he did not look that great. He did not look hampered by the knee, but he looked like he was labouring to me. He did cover a lot of ground and it was humid and fairly unpleasant, so don't take me as gospel.

Thanks df would not be surprised at all if you're spot on.
100 kgs worth in the early running phase of rehab is going to find it tough.
Good thing is that the last time he went through this he got up to speed surprisingly quickly from a similarly low base.
Has big aerobic capacity.

Read somewhere Wilson isn't due back til Dec 4th? The fact the whole team is back before him isn't the best look, I know I'm alone in saying that, but honestly why wouldn't you come back early at a new team

On SM-G955F using BigFooty.com mobile app
Not obligated to seeing as he played in the prelim?? for GWS, but yeah, come back early and get amongst the players.

Read somewhere Wilson isn't due back til Dec 4th? The fact the whole team is back before him isn't the best look, I know I'm alone in saying that, but honestly why wouldn't you come back early at a new team

On SM-G955F using BigFooty.com mobile app
pretty sure an article on the freo website on monday said 'everyone is back bar Wilson who is allowed another week because of afl finals' or something of that nature

Edit: http://www.fremantlefc.com.au/news/2017-11-20/gallery-players-return
"New recruit Nathan Wilson is the only player still on an off-season break, with the former GWS Giant allowed another week due to his participation in the 2017 AFL Finals Series."

Did the big Ape look as though he was in decent shape dockerfemme??
Running freely at decent pace,pushing Bhilly to the limit etc..??
My impression is he did not look that great. He did not look hampered by the knee, but he looked like he was labouring to me. He did cover a lot of ground and it was humid and fairly unpleasant, so don't take me as gospel.

Thanks Dockerfemme - Tabs underwent Meniscal arthroscope in Early Oct. He would be still be about 1-week away, before starting a bit of straight line running.

http://m.afl.com.au/news/2017-10-02/freo-forward-taberner-weighing-up-future-amid-rival-interest
2nd Oct 2017; “He is actually, as we speak, under the knife back in Perth. He had a slight meniscus tear, nothing major, but just a clean-up.

It will be 8-weeks post surgery on Mon 27th November.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back