Votes: 2 1.2%
  • Noah Balta

• Aiden Bonar

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Only Gray has been upgraded according to the official AFL list yesterday (although Nyhuis is on the main list on the club website). The list sits at 31+3 so its most likely we run 38 and 6 so 7 picks tomorrow and 3 in the rookie draft on Monday. So picks 80 and 90 are most likely pass.

List of retained rookies retained and promoted was up there yesterday (Patrick Keane’s Twitter). Nyhuis hasn’t been promoted. Twomey reckons we’ll take eight meaning we pass just our last selection.

List of retained rookies retained and promoted was up there yesterday (Patrick Keane’s Twitter). Nyhuis hasn’t been promoted. Twomey reckons we’ll take eight meaning we pass just our last selection.

The last selection would be the rookie upgrade of Brady Gray.

Either way 7-8 picks in shallowish draft. Gee must be looking at Project talls and a few matures at the back end of draft I suspect.

Did RTB say last night a ruck Pick after 60 ish

The last selection would be the rookie upgrade of Brady Gray.

Either way 7-8 picks in shallowish draft. Gee must be looking at Project talls and a few matures at the back end of draft I suspect.

Did RTB say last night a ruck Pick after 60 ish

Rookies are not upgraded with your last selection anymore. Not draft pick is involved at all there. If we pass on our last selection it’ll mean we have an extra rookie.

Yes they are. Just not announced on draft night (done beforehand).
The relationship between picks and rookie upgrades is only one of list numbers though. An actual pick isn't used directly (Freo don't come out and say we are using pick #90 to upgrade Nyhuis pre-draft). But by upgrading a rookie (pre-draft) it will reduce the number of senior spots you have available - and therefore how many picks you can use will be reduced. If we don't upgrade Nyhuis we still won't use pick #90.

I'm wondering about the mix pf players at 2 and 5, and whether if we take LDU first we should look for some variety at 5.

Something like: LDU and Clark or Coffield or Murphy.

Players that offer a change up, with some different attibutes

Grand finals are won by players that can put their head over the ball and win it in tight (and deliver it with precision). While I do like your thinking, I would hate to pass up Brayshaw or Cerra. Both are the types that will stand up when it counts.

Murphy is one I think displays Fyfe like attributes and being new'ish to AFL he could develop his contested game a lot further, but, I think it's better to go the safe options in Brayshaw or Cerra. Clark also could develop into a gun mid, he moves so well, but there's more risk. He probably doesn't work as hard as Brayshaw. Not as convinced Coffield can turn into a full time mid.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Grand finals are won by players that can put their head over the ball and win it in tight (and deliver it with precision). While I do like your thinking, I would hate to pass up Brayshaw or Cerra. Both are the types that will stand up when it counts.

Murphy is one I think displays Fyfe like attributes and being new'ish to AFL he could develop his contested game a lot further, but, I think it's better to go the safe options in Brayshaw or Cerra. Clark also could develop into a gun mid, he moves so well, but there's more risk. He probably doesn't work as hard as Brayshaw. Not as convinced Coffield can turn into a full time mid.

Yeah, just wondering with LDU (Probably), Fyfe, Neale, Walters already, and D Pearce, Mundy and Spurr on the way out whether we just need that bit of variety

We should be thrilled if we land him with pick 5.
Best thing about him is the commentators are pronouncing his name right early in his career. Would have bet my left nut that the Spanish "Serra" would have been the default instead of "Cherra". I am sure we will hear a Darcy or Ling refer to him as Serra though.

Looks good and would not be against getting him at 5 although Fogarty is still my preference.

LDU and one of either Fogarty/Rayner/Dow/Cerra/Brayshaw (in that order) would be ok with me. Assuming Rayner and Dow go 1 and 3 that potentially leaves Fogarty/Cerra/Brayshaw for picks 4 and 5.

In Cal’s live chat on the AFL website he is linking us with Cerra at #2! Nooooooooo do not want Cerra :devil:
Consensus here is that there is a higher chance of Cerra making it to #5, so you'd think Lloyd would do the smart thing and grab LDU before Carlton and North can snap him up. Either way we can't lose with the two picks we have - we are going to get quality players. Gotta trust the recruiters to get it right.

Back