Pick 6 is cursed

Remove this Banner Ad

What about pick 119?

I think Port fans winced at your post.

Legend of the club, top 5-10 of all time, highly decorated with multiple team and individual honours.

Yep, Scott Morrison truly was up there.

https://www.draftguru.com.au/picks

Significantly less average games than any of the other top ten picks. Pick 22 is the next that dips below pick 6 for average games.
Interesting... Back when it was a 16 team comp the club that held pick 6 would have also held picks 22 and 38 (before trades).

All 3 of these picks are down on average games played relative to the ones around them. So maybe the curse goes deeper than we think...

The 6th pick in each of the first three rounds...

In numerology the number 6 represents a life path of love towards others in order to exist for others. While that sounds like a wonderful way to live one's life I'm not sure if it is conducive to AFL football. Hope that helps.

In numerology the number 6 represents a life path of love towards others in order to exist for others. While that sounds like a wonderful way to live one's life I'm not sure if it is conducive to AFL football. Hope that helps.

He knows

scaled_frine_dp.jpg

https://www.draftguru.com.au/picks

Significantly less average games than any of the other top ten picks. Pick 22 is the next that dips below pick 6 for average games.
Interesting that pick one is so much higher than pick two. Wonder if that's because they are uniformly higher quality, or due to the sunk cost fallacy.

I wanted to say pick 6 is obviously an amazing pick because Kepler, but he didn't truly become one of the greatest players ever until he was traded to Freo.

Not a bad pick 6 when he can sidestep superstars.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Wingard peaked at 19 because his arrogance was a shock to his opponents. Now he's nothing more than a pretty good half forward. Limited as a midfielder and nowhere near as consistent and damaging as you'd expect him to be - Robbie Gray still the better player.

Macrae... won't say anything because Bulldogs fans will jump on me but he's pretty ineffective and quite soft. Hasn't ever won a game off his own boot and is one of those guys who only ever plays as good as his team does - will never drag his team back and if they were losing most games for years, he wouldn't be standing out.

Yarran is a shame but amazing to overcome meth addiction so good on him.

Definitely a number with some serious injuries and lack of capitalisation on talent.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

I like to contemplate what Stephen Wells would've done if he had pick 6 or lower once over the past 30 years. Probably would've turned it into an Ablett/Danger/Selwood/Motlop/Fyfe middle.

Wingard peaked at 19 because his arrogance was a shock to his opponents. Now he's nothing more than a pretty good half forward. Limited as a midfielder and nowhere near as consistent and damaging as you'd expect him to be - Robbie Gray still the better player.

Macrae... won't say anything because Bulldogs fans will jump on me but he's pretty ineffective and quite soft. Hasn't ever won a game off his own boot and is one of those guys who only ever plays as good as his team does - will never drag his team back and if they were losing most games for years, he wouldn't be standing out.

Yarran is a shame but amazing to overcome meth addiction so good on him.

Definitely a number with some serious injuries and lack of capitalisation on talent.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

It's weird I remember a preliminary final being literally won of his boot.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back