Song Contest Part VIII, Host: Freofalcon, Theme: First Concert, Votes Due: Sunday 3:00pm AEDT

Did Chappyuk deserve to be DQd from the GTA round?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is one of my favourite songs off Harvest.

It was Neil Young having a shot at Alabama for still being one of the most racist states in America.

It was also why Lynyrd Skynyrd responded to him with this verse from Sweet Home Alabama.

In today's internet lingo you would call Neil Young a master troll that got some salty bites from Lynyrd Skynyrd.

Neil Young wouldn't mention Lynyrd Skynyrd in any of his lyrics, he wouldn't give a f*** about them.

It was actually Southern Man that Lynyrd Skynyrd were responding to, I think. And from what i read somewhere him and Ronnie were good friends...he was buried wearing a Neil Young t shirt

Warren Zevon got so sucked in he wrote a song about how s**t Sweet Home Alabama was.

It wasn't called Werewolves of London either

It was actually Southern Man that Lynyrd Skynyrd were responding to, I think. And from what i read somewhere him and Ronnie were good friends...he was buried wearing a Neil Young t shirt

You could be right, that was a great song too which sounded a lot like Alabama.

I also heard the guys in Lynyrd Skynyrd were fans of his, both Alabama and Southern Man had that Southern rock boogie so they probably loved his music but hated his message.

That was the genius of Neil Young, he played some great Southern rock while tearing the South to shreds with his lyrics, they didn't know how to take him.

You could be right, that was a great song too which sounded a lot like Alabama.

I also heard the guys in Lynyrd Skynyrd were fans of his, both Alabama and Southern Man had that Southern rock boogie so they probably loved his music but hated his message.

That was the genius of Neil Young, he played some great Southern rock while tearing the South to shreds with his lyrics, they didn't know how to take him.

Always love this

Everytime I hear The Decembrists in this song

chorus-ladies-age-60-in-traditional-czech-costumes-are-singing-f4fxmw.jpg
upload_2017-12-9_16-34-30.jpeg upload_2017-12-9_16-34-47.jpeg

Plugger showing his ignorance yet again and wanting to rewrite music history to suit himself.

View attachment 443618

And in case you can't work out what's on Ronnie's shirt-

View attachment 443619

Good friends were Ronnie and Neil. Neil even offered them Powderfinger and Sedan Delivery to record for themselves.

So the guys from Lynyrd Skynyrd were Neil Young hillbilly fan boys then? That's basically what I said, Sweet Home Alabama was LySky's only decent song.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The Drones was going to get my billy until one of the last songs surpassed it for shitness. Also I didn't billy it as I would have felt a bit of a Scrooge but I rushed into my living room to see what had gone wrong with the playlist when The First Nowell came on.

You should delve deeper. This only scratches this surface.

My favourite part about The River is the key change.

I know how good it is, it's Springsteen's magnum opus.

The lyrics are sheer poetry.

No wedding day smiles no walk down the aisle

But I remember us riding in my brother's car
Her body tan and wet down at the reservoir

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back