BF GOTY 2017 Voting Thread (Voting Closes NYE 12PM)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone else think it was an average year all up?
C0Co1PO.gif

Yeah that’s the thing though it was “solid” there was hardly anything groundbreaking or extremely game changing.

So you need 12 months of groundbreaking titles to consider it a great year?

Ok

Top 10 was easy this year, quite a few honorable mentions that in previous years would make a top 10 for me. Previous years I'd have a few filler games to round out the list.

Once i decide on my GOTY, Mario Odyssey or Zelda BotW, I'll post my 10.

1. AFL evolution: Amazing graphics and so good to play
2. Ashes cricket: Amazing graphics and really easy controls
3. COD WW2: The first ever video game to make me cry.

1. Cuphead. Easily my GOTY, only thing on Xbox I've bothered to get 1000/1000 on.

Bit of daylight.

2. BOTW
3. Fortnite
4. South Park
5. Wolfenstein 2
6. PUBG

Didn't play a lot of new stuff this year.

Don't think I'll get enough time to rate Xenoblade but top 5 so far
1. Legend of Zelda: Breath Of The Wild
2. Persona 5
3. Super Mario Odyssey
4. Pokemon Ultra Sun and Moon
5. Crash N Sane Trilogy

Those 5 are pretty much the only games I've completed this year haha

I've put in a little bit of time to other games but not enough to complete them. Will think of grabbing Nier once I've finished with Xenoblade but that could take awhile.

I'm playing Thimbleweed Park after seeing it on a few lists.
Funny game! I'm enjoying it

Still got a few games i want to play before completing a list.

Too many great games this year, couldn't play all of them, classic year for games!

1. Persona 5
2. Zelda - Breath of the Wild
3. Mario Odyssey
4. Cuphead
5. Thimbleweed Park
6. Prey
7. LawBreakers
8. Horizon - Zero Dawn
9. Nioh
10. Pyre

Last edited:
1. Zelda: Breathe of the Wild
2. Horizon: Zero Dawn
3. Super Mario Odyssey
4. Wolfenstein 2
5. Middle Earth: Shadow Of War
6. Splatoon 2

Sadly, won't get to fit in Cuphead, Fractured But whole or any others in this year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

1. NIOH
2. Persona 5
3. Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild
4. Horizon: Zero Dawn
5. Cuphead
6. Crash Bandicoot N. Sane Trilogy
7. NieR:Automata
8. Super Mario Odyssey
9. Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of DANA
10. Hellblade

That was hands down the hardest year I've ever tried to rank that wasn't retrospectively done.

I don't think it was particularly great. Zelda aside nothing was mind blowing. Next year will be much better with Red Dead 2, Last of Us 2, God of War, Dayz Gone, Metro, Far Cry 5, Vampyr, Spiderman, Kingdom Hearts 3, Detroit, Anthem, Ni no Kuni II plus a few massive remakes in Secret of Mana and Shadow of the Colossus and that's just the triple A's, probably be a few quality sleepers too. Even if half of them meet their potential the depth will be much better than this year.

I don't think it was particularly great. Zelda aside nothing was mind blowing. Next year will be much better with Red Dead 2, Last of Us 2, God of War, Dayz Gone, Metro, Far Cry 5, Vampyr, Spiderman, Kingdom Hearts 3, Detroit, Anthem, Ni no Kuni II plus a few massive remakes in Secret of Mana and Shadow of the Colossus and that's just the triple A's, probably be a few quality sleepers too. Even if half of them meet their potential the depth will be much better than this year.

I thought 2017 was a landmark type year but 2018 might just pip it

Anyone else think it was an average year all up?
Best year of gaming since 2013.

1. Zelda: Breath of the Wild
2. Persona 5
3. Divinity: Original Sin 2
4. Mario Odyssey
5. Horizon Zero Dawn
6. Wolfenstein: The new Collosus
7. Yakuza 0
8. Nioh
9. Thimbleweed Park
10. South Park: Fractured But Whole

Honorable mentions: Hellblade, Nier, Cuphead, Assassins Creed, Prey.

My list is almost settled. Just need to squeeze in Nier and Cuphead because it’s rated by too many people with opinions I trust. I have every intention of buying a Switch and Zelda over my Christmas break but unfortunately it will be too late to factor into this. Haven’t even been able to fit in Divinity OS2 which pains me because I loved the first one.

My list is almost settled. Just need to squeeze in Nier and Cuphead because it’s rated by too many people with opinions I trust. I have every intention of buying a Switch and Zelda over my Christmas break but unfortunately it will be too late to factor into this. Haven’t even been able to fit in Divinity OS2 which pains me because I loved the first one.

Do you have a Wii U?
I have Zelda on that and it runs just fine.

Man i've played a shedload of games this year, but not a single one from 2017.
My plan of buying older games when they get cheap makes fiscal sense, but i can never be apart of these convos.

My game of the year however is a tie between The Witcher 3 and Uncharted 4.

I'll let you know my game of 2017 in 2018.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back