Prediction Break out player for 2018.

Remove this Banner Ad

I think it makes for an exciting year next year. There was just the one or two names last year people genuinely had high hopes for - Burton being the obvious one.

Reading the thread it's at least nice to see a large variety of names - even if some are more realistic than others.

For me, I hope Jaeger hits his straps but I think JOR and Lovell are now at the age where they can start to influence a game... they just need a spot.

How good is it having names to choose from!

Cousins
Ollie
Nash
Glass
Harry
Impey
TOB
Pittonet
Howe
Burton
Sicily
Brand
Hardwick

All seem to have another level or 3 to give.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I work with Harry's step-dad and thinks he's doing really well and that the Hawks were surprised he was still around when they had their pick in 2016. Glad to see it's working out, I'll have to have a chat about it next time I see him.

After a hiatus from BF , came to post about Morrison.

LOVED his debut game and was instantly excited. Sometimes you just know after a few touches wether a player is going to be good. IE Burton in his second game a few times hit up a bloke in traffic like Pendles and you were like, yep, kids got it.

Morrison in that first half when he debuted was sprinting to the right spots, linking well, playing with confidence and handled the pace of the game like a 100 game player. I think he was in the top 3 ranked players at half time. He was a bit raw and obviously gassed in the second. But I am extremely excited to hear he might be coming back with a few KGS and some elite conditioning .

I have a very good feeling about him.

On SM-G950F using BigFooty.com mobile app

After a hiatus from BF , came to post about Morrison.

LOVED his debut game and was instantly excited. Sometimes you just know after a few touches wether a player is going to be good. IE Burton in his second game a few times hit up a bloke in traffic like Pendles and you were like, yep, kids got it.

Morrison in that first half when he debuted was sprinting to the right spots, linking well, playing with confidence and handled the pace of the game like a 100 game player. I think he was in the top 3 ranked players at half time. He was a bit raw and obviously gassed in the second. But I am extremely excited to hear he might be coming back with a few KGS and some elite conditioning .

I have a very good feeling about him.

On SM-G950F using BigFooty.com mobile app
Yeah loved his Debut. Took on JJ a few times and got caught, with a bit more core strength we can break those tackles or get his hands free at least.

Yeah loved his Debut. Took on JJ a few times and got caught, with a bit more core strength we can break those tackles or get his hands free at least.
As someone who was born in 2004 and only really started watching the footy in 2009 his debut is the best one that I have seen.

I quite like Morrison and Glass, but spots in our back half will be really tight this season if everyone is fit. You've got Birch, Burgoyne, Burton, Frawley, Brand, Sicily and Stratts before you even get to guys like Harry, Glass, Nash etc. Howe and Brand are the more experienced guys I'd like to see/semi-expect to pick it up this season.

My hopes aren't too high for Jono, Impey or O'Brien. Ollie and Cousins still probably a bit too green for a breakout year but wouldn't be surprised if either get games and show signs of competence.

Lovell and Pitto are the other two that could surprise some depending on how things go.

I'm not going to have any expectations of our draftees. Anything is a bonus.

Howe. Could be a Star.
Jono. This kid comes good and we are looking very good for a flag in the next few years.
Nash. The monster. Will play senior footy this year and scare everyone :)

Hope you're right here Bris, but we have heard that before for a monster from NZ., haven't we?

My picks are Morrison, impey, Nash with stratts and JOM reminding everyone how good they are when fit. Glass is the other one - has improved every year.

Less convinced around JOR, Lovell, Worpel, cousins, - but only need 1-2 to make the step to afl.

Prob a year too early but hopefully Mitch Lewis can dominate down at Box Hill. With the competition for spots we should have a very strong Box Hill side in 2018.

Are we getting a little ahead of ourselve re Morrison?

I know he had that impressive game at the end of last year (in a pretty bruise free encounter) and Calrko said he arrived at pre-season in amazing shape and continued well in the programme in NZ, but I still think he is very light and needs another year or so to build a body and some speed to enable him to become an AFL regular.

How do you assess Harry Morrison’s performance in his debut game for the Hawks this year? On the one hand, it was the Luke Hodge/Bob Murphy/Matthew Boyd's testimonial game in round 23 and at times, the lack of intensity reflected that. Nevertheless, Morrison looked really comfortable across half-back, with 21 touches and six marks and he demonstrated a clear ability to read the play properly and run to the right places. The Hawks regarded him as a prime steal with pick No.74 at the 2016 NAB AFL Draft after testing well at the Combine and as recently as last weekend, he was singled out by coach Alastair Clarkson as one of the star performers of the just-concluded New Zealand training camp. He looks noticeably bigger and will be in the selection frame from round one. - Ashley Browne
Ashley Browne's take on which hawks will have a breakout year.

I hope omeara gets kn the field and shows what he is capable of! An absoloute jet and would be criminal if we never see the best of him.

Make or break for o rourke! What are your thoughts guys? Is he afl standard?

From our club i reckob ainsworth anf jack martin should breakout even more and fiorini finally get a shot

Remove this Banner Ad

Back