Status
Not open for further replies.

Purrfect Pussies

Premiership Player
Mar 28, 2008
AFL Club
Geelong
Early movements for next year?

Sounds as though a few Dee's are on the move. Can anyone confirm these rumours? Hobbs, Batchelor & Merlo to the Kees, Geue & Mentha to Geelong, Blake to Sydney?? Burke back.
Timms to leave the Saints for the Burras for some coin.

Early movements for next year?

Sounds as though a few Dee's are on the move. Can anyone confirm these rumours? Hobbs, Batchelor & Merlo to the Kees, Geue & Mentha to Geelong, Blake to Sydney?? Burke back.
Timms to leave the Saints for the Burras for some coin.

I heard the same, also Billy Lloyd to Melb. Harry Wentworth to Kalkee also. Sid Hernon -WA, Heard that Stuwie Farr will be Joint Coach at Kalkee with Exell.

Hearing plenty out of both Horsham sides.
Sam Clyne not happy with Cook-Harrison getting more money than him and is shopping himself around to the highest bidder.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Kalkee have rang every player in Horsham. Most of the Demons news is above.
Luke Fisher asking for more money halfway through a 2 year/ $80k contract is floating around also.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Horsham to come down a peg in season 2018 ? Loosing Hobbs & Lloyd must effect them some what. A few depth players probably chasing some coin out in the district league.
Much other news coming out of the other sides ? Nhill must be throwing around some serious coin for their recruits to travel so many kms for a game of footy hopefully it works out for them.
Warrack should be around the mark with the inclusions of 2x peters. Both more then handy footballers.
Stawell have picked up ex AFL player Jack Anthony and Cody Driscoll from Navarre which might help there cause but who knows what you'll get with them.
Have heard next to nothing about Ararat they seem to struggle to recruit these last few seasons will probably be a young slick out fit again in 2018. Overall I expect it to be really competitive which is a good sign for footy.

Brent Mcaffer to play under he's old man at Stawell in season 2018. Bringing two mates along as well. One is another ex AFL player. If true that's pretty big for a side to potentially have 3 ex AFL players. I'm not sure how it could work under the current point system.

Brent Mcaffer to play under he's old man at Stawell in season 2018. Bringing two mates along as well. One is another ex AFL player. If true that's pretty big for a side to potentially have 3 ex AFL players. I'm not sure how it could work under the current point system.

Has trained every night so far and lives in eltham. Have a look at the eltham Instagram page. He will look good in he red sash next year.

Macaffer lives in Melbourne and works at Collingwood FC, so i think it's highly unlikely he'd be jumping in the car every weekend to play in the Wimmera.

Can see how a rumour like this takes off given his old man's connection plus ex-teammate Jack Anthony playing up there.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Resigned as coach at Kilcunda/Bass because of change in role at Collingwood which will restrict him to 4 free Saturdays during season.

Horsham to come down a peg in season 2018 ? Loosing Hobbs & Lloyd must effect them some what. A few depth players probably chasing some coin out in the district league.
Much other news coming out of the other sides ? Nhill must be throwing around some serious coin for their recruits to travel so many kms for a game of footy hopefully it works out for them.
Warrack should be around the mark with the inclusions of 2x peters. Both more then handy footballers.
Stawell have picked up ex AFL player Jack Anthony and Cody Driscoll from Navarre which might help there cause but who knows what you'll get with them.
Have heard next to nothing about Ararat they seem to struggle to recruit these last few seasons will probably be a young slick out fit again in 2018. Overall I expect it to be really competitive which is a good sign for footy.
Now the giants are in how will they stack up as a club. Imagine that their seniors will be very competitive but big query as to wether other grades of footy and netball teams will be able to compete. I hope the right decision for the club has been made not just based on senior footy results.

Now the giants are in how will they stack up as a club. Imagine that their seniors will be very competitive but big query as to wether other grades of footy and netball teams will be able to compete. I hope the right decision for the club has been made not just based on senior footy results.
be no worse then any other club who struggling in the Juniors?

26907306_10211357948813100_1097834556821368969_n.jpg

Good Friday match is being played at Ararat
Southern Mallee Giants firth game will be against Warrack Eagles at ANZAC Park on Saturday 14th as a stand alone game
HSM v Saints ANZAC game will be on Sunday 22nd

There will only be 1 game with HSM & Saints playing at home on the same weekend

There will only be a maximum of 1 game in Stawell in any weekend (Stawell & Swifts)

Interleague weekend is the same 19th May v Bellarine in Horsham

The following teams will play at Hopetoun
Dimboola, Nhill, Warrack Eagles, Minyip Murtoa.

The Following teams will play at Beulah
Horsham, Ararat, Stawell, Horsham Saints

At a guess, I think the Giants will be fighting it out in the bottom half of the top five. Hopefully another year of even competition.

Anyone willing to do a ladder prediction?
Will be interesting to see how the new kids on the block go.
Warrack
Stawell
Saints
Minyip/murtoa
Demons
Giants
Nhill
Ararat
Dummy

Really only a guess as clearances not updated for a month and going by press warrack recruited well. The giants the unknown; have plenty of quality but do they have the depth. Stawell look to have recruited well but what have they lost. Rowe and Cook-Harrison massive in for the saints. Lots o

Warrack
Saints
MM

Giants
Demons
Stawell
Nhill

Ararat
Dim

Warrack have been getting better and building last couple of years and look the goods on paper now for sure. But so did stawell last year at this time with all these recruits and then never delivered. However i think warrack can actually back it up. Saints will be dangerous, MM should be there abouts and will need a big year as the window of opportunity is fast closing for this group. Expect Giants to be competitive at the start. Demons will get going at some point. Stawell to recruit well and maybe underachieve again. Nhill is always anyones guess at this time of year but heard recruiting going well so far and could have quite a few inward$ clearance$ coming through this year so wait and see. Ararat and Dimmy set to just make up the numbers and really struggle just to be competitive yet again.

Last edited:
That seems pretty fair to me.

Have to give Warrack credit for getting back towards the top after not winning a game only a couple of seasons back.

Hopefully another close year with any club able to get a win on their day.

That seems pretty fair to me.

Have to give Warrack credit for getting back towards the top after not winning a game only a couple of seasons back.

Hopefully another close year with any club able to get a win on their day.
going from woodenspooners to 5th the next year to 3rd last year is top effort shows clubs can build very quickly last time this happend to the eagles was back prior to the merger of Brim and Warracknabeal 1997 wooden spooners, 98 won a few games 99 made the finals 2000 runners up i think this heading to a similar parth

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back