Official Team Thread The Sin City Swamprats S24 Official Team Thread - Congrats philreich

Remove this Banner Ad

I've been fisted! :eek:

I'm honoured and thrilled to win this award. Thank you.

We have also inaugurated the spookism Trophy

Spook was my first captain, in S18, and led with distinction for 67 games over 4 seasons. After debuting with 10 games in S6, spookism became the epitome of a Swamprat from S16 until his departure in S24, recording 152 games and being wholly responsible for keeping the club alive during our darkest period. It was he who rebranded us as Sin City, and relocated us to the Underground, with the aim of widening our base.

The spookism Trophy will be awarded to the Swamprat with the highest number of disposals each season. In S24, this was also a very close race that went down to the final game, with myself coming 3rd on 292, sportsmaniac89 just failing to snatch the trophy on 300, and the inaugural winner of the spookism Trophy, with 152 kicks and 154 handballs to gather 306 disposals at an average of 19.1/game is philreich

151636.jpg

Good on ya, phil.

Can I just point out that a fair portion of those disposals of philreich were from the Qumpires. I heard a rumour about some sort of bribery that may have occurred. Please mate, can you let me know what I need to do to get those extra cheapies?

Next up is the Millky95 Sticky Fingers Award.

Millky95 joined the Swamprats in S19, at the behest of ClarkeM when we were at our lowest ebb and on the edge of extinction. He quickly rose to a position of prominence in the club and continued his ascension to become one of the leading figures in the league, a simmer and Swamprat captain for two seasons. The pressure of the position saw him suddenly step away from the league after last season’s B&F, but I am sure he will be back somewhere someday soon.

The Millky95 Sticky Fingers Award is to be given to the Swamprat with the most marks every season. This season was a closely contested affair with gaskin and Grav both recording 72 grabs, but they were just pipped at the post by sportsmaniac89, who had 73 marks for the season and wins another trophy.

54152.jpg

Congratulations, mate. Well deserved.
Very happy with this aspect of my game - I only finished 73 behind the winner.....

That concludes the first part of the evening. Everyone can now take a short 10 minute break for drinks, while we lock the doors.

In the meantime, please enjoy the next act, Tears for Fears.

Spook was my first captain, in S18, and led with distinction for 67 games over 4 seasons. After debuting with 10 games in S6, spookism became the epitome of a Swamprat from S16 until his departure in S24, recording 152 games and being wholly responsible for keeping the club alive during our darkest period. It was he who rebranded us as Sin City, and relocated us to the Underground, with the aim of widening our base.

The spookism Trophy will be awarded to the Swamprat with the highest number of disposals each season. In S24, this was also a very close race that went down to the final game, with myself coming 3rd on 292, sportsmaniac89 just failing to snatch the trophy on 300, and the inaugural winner of the spookism Trophy, with 152 kicks and 154 handballs to gather 306 disposals at an average of 19.1/game is philreich

151636.jpg

Good on ya, phil.
YAY

1b978d6610973bf8aea16693e059ee8f.gif

That concludes the first part of the evening. Everyone can now take a short 10 minute break for drinks, while we lock the doors.

In the meantime, please enjoy the next act, Tears for Fears.

WHEN ARE WE GETTING NICKELBACK?! :drunk:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

And the last, and most prestigious stat-based award is one that has been recorded every season for the club – The Groove Award for leading goalkicker.

Groove was a giant for the club. Full forward from our very first game, he led our goalkicking four times, including a league-record haul of 113 in S5. Overall, he kicked 321.148 from 662 kicks and also recorded 344 handballs – a far cry from the modern selfish full-forwards…

This season, Cloud_ wins the Groove Award, with a tally of 52.29 from 82 kicks. To put that in perspective, 81 of his 82 kicks found the sticks.

164110.jpg

Cloud_ now adds the Groove Award to his swag of other awards. Congratulations, mate.
The runner-up wishes to congratulate Cloud_ on this momentous achievement.
Now, in order to commemorate my 2nd place in this award I wish to make a speech.
[Ahem] "This is serious, OK? In the immortal words of the great Hungarian centre-forward Nandor Hidegkuti: Amikor a forradalom jön, először a zeneipar lesz. Remélem, mindannyian meghalsz egy szörnyű halált.' Thank you."

Next you'll request he dabs in front of the whole SFA.

NO! NO! NO!

Unacceptable!

#sackantbear
#terriblesuggestiondingster

drazah charged into our lives like a bolt of lightning

I've been here for 5 minutes and I already have some very strong opinions.

He quickly got to know his team-mates

I definitely will be gentle AB, seeing the anagram of his name is "hard az"

Sounds too bloody tough for me, but can't wait to see him take on the opposition.

Welcome to the team drazah, hope you thoroughly enjoy yourself.

Your name looks like "Gray" that was cropped a bit too enthusiastically.

Sam Gray fan are we?

Form our first practice game, he was comfortable bantering with the opponents

We wuz...

robbed.

Where were you robbed?

a) "Left behind you"

b) "Left in front of me"

c) "Right behind you"

d) upload_2017-12-13_19-24-43.png

He accepted his Guernsey, and wore it proudly

**** YEAH SAMMY POWELL PEPPER'S NUMBER

AND DRAZAH GOES BANG!

He was a humble man

A lot of folks say I'm humble, very humble. I'm one of the most humble people you'll ever meet. And I have the best temperament.

He wanted nothing but success for the team

also I'm a massive bandwagoner and totally microwaved my Swamp Rats membership after one loss.

He took pride in his performance

IT'S DRAZAH'S FIRST GOAL IN THE SFA AND THE CROWD GOES WILD!

DRAAAAAAAAA-ZAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHH

DRAAAAAAAAAAAAAA-ZAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHH

DRAAAAAAAAAA-ZAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Future qoleman medallist right there

He never took his eye off the ball. Except to play the man

BRAB’s the Eric Hipwood of the SFA. Only rated by his own team, really should be playing in the state qooty leagues.

draz looked for leadership

Time for a "I've lost faith in Ant Bear" thread.

And he expected success

Only played 3 games, already in the top 50 players in the comp. Will win ten straight BRABlow medals at this pace.

It's the award for overrating oneself. I think if I shed my last vestiges of humility, shame, and honesty, I really could reach BRAB -like heights.

Perhaps his finest moment was the Furies takedown

Stevi_Tigers sits down to pee

_Cayz_ farts in the car and won't admit to it

joelsyt goes to a kid's party, takes over their pinata hitting, wins, and makes the kids cry

rfctigerarmy waits until he's at the front of the line to decide what he wants to order at KFC

Helen Wheels likes Nickleback

Grockadoc leaves his dirty dishes in the sink all day so his housemate's can't use it

Nuffers drives right to the end of the lane when there's roadworks then cuts in front of the cars lining up in the other lane

tigland still uses training wheels on his bike

footy_fumbler picks up something at the supermarket, then leaves it in a different aisle when he decides he doesn't want it.

akkaps is that guy on the train who instead of getting up to let you out, he just moves his legs slightly so you have to slide out awkwardly

Michaels overloads the washing machine and things don't get washed properly and then they stink.

Tarkyn_24 is that guy who leaves his shopping trolley in the empty parking space next to his car even though there's a trolley return 20 metres away.

Tiger71 eats most of the grapes and just leaves the stems and squished ones in the bowl

Wacky Tiger puts the milk back in the fridge when there's not even enough to make a coffee

Shadow Man puts the vegemite knife back in the butter after.

This Is Anfield doesn't clean up his dog's s**t on the footpath

Sterge is more insecure than a teenage girl with facial herpes.

NaturalDisaster is the guy at work who opens a can of tuna at his desk

He was gracious in defeat

"unlucky"

Yeah nah, more like the whole stinking comp is rigged

He never sought personal glory

I haven't seen an award this compromised since Krakouer won MOTY over Walker.

Ant Bear can we drop a dump truck full of manure out the front of nahnah 's house??

He was a wandering soul

I ended up here while trying to find bay 148

Mate I told you to go to the oort cloud. You're barely a few light seconds away. You need to go another few light years ya dingus

Eventually, he got the promotion he deserved

DRAZAH TO RUCK ROVER FARKEN!!!!!! 119 POINT VICTORY TO THE SWAMPIES CONFIRMED!!!!!!!!!!

He idolised me

If we go winless the entire season, you have to run around the qooty field with your shorts down around your ankles!

And I’d like us all to remember his final SFA post

#extendantbearscontractfor3moreyears

Vale, drazah. Gone too soon, but forever in our hearts.

The runner-up wishes to congratulate Cloud_ on this momentous achievement.
Now, in order to commemorate my 2nd place in this award I wish to make a speech.
[Ahem] "This is serious, OK? In the immortal words of the great Hungarian centre-forward Nandor Hidegkuti: Amikor a forradalom jön, először a zeneipar lesz. Remélem, mindannyian meghalsz egy szörnyű halált.' Thank you."

szolidaritási testvér

151636.jpg

Good on ya, phil.

Tis an honour.

Thanks Ant Bear , Cloud_ and company.
Well done philreich

Remove this Banner Ad

Back