General Sport Discussion (non-AFL)

Remove this Banner Ad

One shot holy crap. Overeem is a bit ko or get koed. The follow up hammer fist was pretty scary too.
Horn v Crawford

Rockhold v Whittaker

Parker v Joshua

Aussies & Kiwis putting ourselves on the fighting map.

How good did cheeky May look tonight? What a rip to the body.

As well as guys like Hooper who has a huge boxing future.

Tai tuivassa one to watch in the MMA as well I reckon he's gonna be something special. * next year looking so exciting for Aussie fighting fans.

Getting harder and harder to maintain the love for the Australian cricket team.

All that stalling to maximise their pay deal, which is fair enough but seemingly not enough for a few of them.

Spot fixing in the Ashes for *s sake.

Horn v Crawford

Rockhold v Whittaker

Parker v Joshua

Aussies & Kiwis putting ourselves on the fighting map.

How good did cheeky May look tonight? What a rip to the body.

As well as guys like Hooper who has a huge boxing future.

Tai tuivassa one to watch in the MMA as well I reckon he's gonna be something special. **** next year looking so exciting for Aussie fighting fans.
Don't like the match up with Crawford, Horn is a good honest fighter but Crawford is pretty special. Horn will be the bigger guy but there is a pretty big gulf in class.

Horn will take the Mundine fight and bank some $$ before Crawford.

Whittaker should get Rockhold.

Joshua would be heavily favourite against Parker. Parkers strength is his speed but joshua is quick and very explosive, I could see him taking Parker out.

Nat May is a special he lost a close fight with Waylon Law a few years ago but has run through everybody else. The way slips the jab and follows it back in with his counter right is so good. There was a guy named Nate Campbell who made a career out of that move but May has a lot more to him. Only 22 too.

Getting harder and harder to maintain the love for the Australian cricket team.

All that stalling to maximise their pay deal, which is fair enough but seemingly not enough for a few of them.

Spot fixing in the Ashes for ****s sake.
Looks like Kubica out of the running for the Williams drive.

I didn't get to watch Horn/Corcorran. The massive gap between the last undercard and the main fight meant that I couldn't keep my energy up after a bunch of 5am starts this week with another to come this morning so I ended up going home and going to bed. I'm not surprised Corcorran got cut up so bad if he learnt his way bare knuckle boxing as a traveller though because he probably has plenty of extra collagen in areas of his face that would create some harder seams for the skin to split more easily.

I didn't get to watch Horn/Corcorran. The massive gap between the last undercard and the main fight meant that I couldn't keep my energy up after a bunch of 5am starts this week with another to come this morning so I ended up going home and going to bed. I'm not surprised Corcorran got cut up so bad if he learnt his way bare knuckle boxing as a traveller though because he probably has plenty of extra collagen in areas of his face that would create some harder seams for the skin to split more easily.
Corcoran fought a high pressure fight, but he has no punching power. At distance Horn was a better schooled fighter.

Horn is very solid, but Corcoran was hand picked. It's not a criticism it is smart, Horn is squeezing everything he can out of his talent. I reckon 3 more big fights and he retires.

Corcoran fought a high pressure fight, but he has no punching power. At distance Horn was a better schooled fighter.

Horn is very solid, but Corcoran was hand picked. It's not a criticism it is smart, Horn is squeezing everything he can out of his talent. I reckon 3 more big fights and he retires.
Wait till he knocks out Crawford ;) underrated no more.

But seriously I agree, luckiest Australian boxer of all time at the moment. Want him to face Terrance so bad to see if he's actually talented or not

Wait till he knocks out Crawford ;) underrated no more.

But seriously I agree, luckiest Australian boxer of all time at the moment. Want him to face Terrance so bad to see if he's actually talented or not
He needs to take the Mundine fight and try to get the $$$ from Crawford. He will get one more decent payday after that because he is a "name". But then I think he calls it quits. He gets hit a lot and easily, think Katsidas or going back Brian Jansen, doesn't make for a long career.

Edit: Horn is a really solid fighter but he doesn't have anything special, he isn't super fast or powerful, he has good but not exceptional boxing skills. They are going to want an inside fight against Crawford, but he isn't a great inside fighter.

Last edited:
Someone might need to explain the concept of a night-watchman to the English cricket team.

Leaving it up to the individual batsmen is a stupid policy. It should be based on whats best for the team at the time. Last night clearly was the time to use one, and having a hard and fast policy just shows that they really have a few things to sort out do the poms

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Glad to see Australia belt the Poms and win the Ashes but I think the state of our pitches is wearing thin on my interest in the sport. I used to adore Test cricket and watch for hours at a time, but this summer it's barely registered on my radar. I think it's also in part due to the level of competition.

Whittaker, so disappointing. Romero rockhold still a great match up
What's the injury?

Rockhold should be too well rounded for Romero, but both of them are tools so I'm not overly concerned which way it goes. Romero easier fight for Whit

Remove this Banner Ad

Back