Unsolved Trial date for Ciara Glennon Claremont suspect delayed again

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's interesting. My post was removed. There was no malice. I was just pointing out if anyone else recognised the sign off and saying Smarty had of

Alpha Mike Foxtrot

according to the urban dictionary was used in radio transmission, allegedly Vietnam era, meaning Adios, Mother F***er

https://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Alpha Mike Foxtrot

While the police might of had 50 items from Jane Rimmer site, 40 of those were Commodore fibres from a model around 6 months old.

While the police might of had 50 items from Jane Rimmer site, 40 of those were Commodore fibres from a model around 6 months old.
As always a genuine question: how does this fit with a yellow toyota or orange datsun?

I've really tried to follow Claremont but every thread across many forums reads like one schizophrenic having incoherent arguments with himself.

Lol, have you read the blogs that insinuate its Len Buckeridge. There is some doozies out there. There are people who operate under more than one user, some creating new users almost daily at times across the net on forums.

They usually trash any thread or attempt derail it. You are correct. I don't experience any of this crap in other crime threads that are not on this topic across the net.

I think there is going to be a reason it sounds schizophrenic. If you have read anything on Zodiac you'll understand why.

Based on what I have heard from police sources, if they bring out 'all' the evidence. You are going to hear some weird stuff.

But not to worry. It will all come together for you over the next 2 years. There then maybe another trial.

70 detectives, a couple a dozen brought over from the east. This is no small time crime. It's ****in huge!

3SkqUKd.jpg

Last edited:
So Steve Ross will become another witness to the person he saw get out of the car in the taxi at The Windsor hotel. Although would CSK have the gall to ride share a taxi? I had heard of suspicious encounters with random men coercing their way into taxis in Claremont.
Steve Ross statement sounds familiar

In the above video, the Commodore was a VK Commodore with the plastic lined boot?

Once more details are released I think it will make more sense as to why cops stuck to their guns on LW until DNA cleared him.

I've really tried to follow Claremont but every thread across many forums reads like one schizophrenic having incoherent arguments with himself.

A person has been in remand awaiting trial for a year regards that matter.The trial itself probably won't start till the second half/last quarter of next year.There is a lot of crime and only so many state prosecutors with enough michelin stars (so to speak ) to take on major murder cases on the states behalf in the Supreme Court.Thats all that's happening crime is booming the courts are busy and preparation takes time.All the supreme court murder trials from the last half of this year have involved accused persons that have been on remand for about eighteen months more or less.There is a backlog a waiting list and its getting longer.When it does get to trial it won't be anything other than a standard Supreme Court murder trial six to twelve weeks.I doubt very much that anything that's not already known will be revealed.Just my opinion but I don't think there will be much regards grizzly gorey details from coroners reports that will be new as in not already reported and inferred via news articles.And DNA evidence as presented to court is very very boring it just goes for hours or days like item #12367 partial match item #12368 no match etc and then lawyers and qualified witnesses discussing how the DNA could have gotten to wherever its gotten.So the trial won't be that exciting is my point.

Last edited:
A person has been in remand waiting to plead guilty or not guilty to charges he was arrested on. An indecent assault at Huntingdale, a sexual assault at Karrakatta and murders of Jane Rimmer and Ciara Glennon.

It must be taking all this time for prosecution to get all the evidence they have to the defense so they have time to look over it before next court appearance.

Maybe he'll plead guilty and there won't be any trail?

A person has been in remand awaiting trial for a year regards that matter.The trial itself probably won't start till the second half/last quarter of next year.There is a lot of crime and only so many state prosecutors with enough michelin stars (so to speak ) to take on major murder cases on the states behalf in the Supreme Court.Thats all that's happening crime is booming the courts are busy and preparation takes time.All the supreme court murder trials from the last half of this year have involved accused persons that have been on remand for about eighteen months more or less.There is a backlog a waiting list and its getting longer.When it does get to trial it won't be anything other than a standard Supreme Court murder trial six to twelve weeks.I doubt very much that anything that's not already known will be revealed.Just my opinion but I don't think there will be much regards grizzly gorey details from coroners reports that will be new as in not already reported and inferred via news articles.And DNA evidence as presented to court is very very boring it just goes for hours or days like item #12367 partial match item #12368 no match etc and then lawyers and qualified witnesses discussing how the DNA could have gotten to wherever its gotten.So the trial won't be that exciting is my point.

There is only one Supreme court, a lot of witnesses and some 20 extra detectives brought in from NSW. 70 or 90 homicide detectives in total.

Either way, approx a 20% increase in homicide detectives in a state with less than a third the population of NSW. This says to me the whole thing has snowballed. The more they find, the more they find.

There has been a lot of users on the net that have 'dedicated' a truck load of energy into this case with nothing but deflection, cover up, derailing, and deliberate 'misinformation'. This commitment of energy has motive when it has been mostly or entirely one subject matter of their efforts.

I cant help but think that in some cases there is an association with the perp but maybe not direct culpability in murder. This was in full swing prior any arrest.

In the other cases I have never seen any such behaviour as that has occurred in this topic. Multiple users, some with extensive digital paper trails in hiding their identity involving attempts at identifying users through pied piper techniques to third party websites.
This is very evident in the URLs and the depth of entities holding these trivial URLs.

Someone holds a heavy investment in self preserving themselves and identifying other users interested in the case by people with considerable knowledge and expenditure of internet technologies.

Although I have heard rumours of intimidation by organised crime, they are certainly unconfirmed but very possible with the framework of these third party URLs and the entities that own them. There is a foundation for user identification and intimidation there.

The rumour is supported by the type of entity framework that exists in establishing user identity interested in this particular case online.

While I have all the entities of ownership, I cant say I have gone to the trouble of ascertaining the directors as yet. Not that it is that legally hard.

When you add minimum +20% officer resources to homicide, there is an obvious demand to get on top of something big. This could go for 5 years as the exponential evidence builds.

While police have always said due to this being such a public high profile case that the case will be more than likely a judge only trial. I thought it might even go as far as a closed court.

But will defence request a jury?

Last edited:
'If' the information given to me has been reported to police, then there is broader investigation under way into the broader organised crime entities. If the information is accurate, then the entities on the peripheral of this crime will be quickly connected as associates of this crime.

Maybe our men in black are looking at broader crime surrounding the case. The AFP already involved surrounding the peripheral entities in this case.

Intimidation, especially if connected to political motive, can very well bring domestic terrorism charges

This case certainly represents a schizophrenic image because this case is stranger than fiction. Maybe some of the more colourful characters using these forums might like call the police whackos.

It’s all because of the similarities between his first crime novel City Of Light and one of Australia’s most infamous unsolved serial killer cases.

Warner was dragged into web of intrigue when he answered a knock on the door of Balgowlah home and saw two men dressed in suits standing on his doorstep.

In another strange twist the main character in the book is a policeman named Richard “Snowy” Lane. And when they formed the task force to hunt down the Claremont serial killer, the first detective put in charge was also Richard Lane.

Showing how truth can indeed be stranger than fiction, the artwork for the book was done by Brad Rimmer and the name of the second victim was Jane Rimmer.

He has never heard from the police again but admits that unexpected visit from the officers two years ago, when they took a DNA sample was unsettling.

https://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/n...r/news-story/46dfe47ea44610573437a3f3ee03163b

Last edited:
'If' the information given to me has been reported to police, then there is broader investigation under way into the broader organised crime entities. If the information is accurate, then the entities on the peripheral of this crime will be quickly connected as associates of this crime.

Might be something you know Dan or perhaps another poster on here. Bail has been refused for this person. Now surely that cant be indefinite whilst the Crown builds and case against the accused.

I was of the understanding that people are entitled to have their trial commence as quickly as possible. What exactly is it that the Crown don't have to proceed? Or is it the defence that is stalling in committing to a trial date?

I cant help but think that in some cases there is an association with the perp but maybe not direct culpability in murder. This was in full swing prior any arrest.

In the other cases I have never seen any such behaviour as that has occurred in this topic. Multiple users, some with extensive digital paper trails in hiding their identity involving attempts at identifying users through pied piper techniques to third party websites.
This is very evident in the URLs and the depth of entities holding these trivial URLs.

Although I have heard rumours of intimidation by organised crime, they are certainly unconfirmed but very possible with the framework of these third party URLs and the entities that own them. There is a foundation for user identification and intimidation there.
Once again you are sailing very close to the wind of legal action. I wonder how , if, you have manged to acquire 'these URLs'' ? Are you an undercover policeman yourself Dan? Or are you a stirrer of a very dirty pot?

I have told you previously if you wish my identity to PM me. Its not that hard. That you have chosen not to suggests more about you than it does me. If you wish my identity then I also think it honest and fair to disclose yours

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Might be something you know Dan or perhaps another poster on here. Bail has been refused for this person. Now surely that cant be indefinite whilst the Crown builds and case against the accused.

I was of the understanding that people are entitled to have their trial commence as quickly as possible. What exactly is it that the Crown don't have to proceed? Or is it the defence that is stalling in committing to a trial date?

I believe it was a pretty quick arrest, although it was the magistrates sitting before Christmas. Then there is the truck load of exponential evidence. Then defence has to read all the evidence pertaining to the charges.

I'm going with both. But if someone is refused bail and in remand for this period of time, the magistrate must have been convinced its justified otherwise not only would bail be granted, but the judge would have not have granted multiple extensions.

The judge would have told them to get on with it if there was no justification of extension, although other variables might be court date availability between extensions.

If the state has been granted an extra 20 detectives which I think takes it to 90 to cover all the missing cases, then they must be bloody busy.

Contemporary crime where the victims are unrelated to the perp are incredibly difficult to solve more so around 2000.

Now with familial DNA and other contemporary metadata technology its a bit easier.

Im told that for every person they interviewed in the pub, they got 5 people more to interview not excluding the DNA familial that came with the door to door testing.

Last edited:
I was speaking to someone a couple of years ago querying why they didn't run familial over the ancestry.com.au database. Apparently they are not permitted to use that database.

There were the pub patrons DNA and taxi drivers DNA (but not all taxi drivers were tested)
*My familial would have come under the umbrella of familial testing.

It wasn't till familial was run again on the kimono via a property room audit that the criminal database hit came. I'm told he was arrested then charges dropped after the trace was followed to the current accused.

I was told what the other person was arrested for, but while it was reasonable source, I don't want to mention something that may or may not be true without solid confirmation.

Of the people that were pulled in and questioned early in the investigation that I had been told about, they were tall with dark hair.

Last edited:
It wasn't till familial was run again on the kimono via a property room audit that the criminal database hit came. Im told he was arrested then charges dropped after the trace was followed to the current accused.

A familial dna hit has never been declared as to how BRE was found. It has always been suggested in the press that tests confirmed the dna on the kimono linked the KK rape and two murders. BRE's name was found to match the dna they already had by reopening the old Huntingdale file.

If it was a familial hit in the database they didn't even need the kimono, they would have got a hit without it.

Supply a link that supports your statement, thanks.

A familial dna hit has never been declared as to how BRE was found. It has always been suggested in the press that tests confirmed the dna on the kimono linked the KK rape and two murders. BRE's name was found to match the dna they already had by reopening the old Huntingdale file.
If it was a familial hit in the database they didn't even need the kimono, they would have got a hit without it.
Supply a link that supports your statement, thanks.

How do you find someone not on the criminal database? BRE was not even in the dataset. If he was, he would have been done years ago or as soon as he was arrested at any point for a serious crime.

Someone else was on the criminal database found by using the new familial DNA testing off the Kimono when it was retested. They found family.

And they believed they had managed to obtain a DNA profile of the killer from the body of Glennon. In an astonishing development, they matched this to the Karrakatta rape in 1995.

Next came the technique sometimes called “familial DNA” where police look for people who are closely related to a suspected offender.
http://www.theaustralian.com.au/new...d/news-story/f34913420ecf0edf1a4b991994f8254d

Last edited:
How do you find someone not on the criminal database? BRE was not even in the dataset. If he was, he would have been done years ago or as soon as he was arrested at any point for a serious crime.

By solving the Huntingdale attack. Solve that and they've got their man. They went back, reopened the Huntingdale file ( my bet is that they found him as a suspect in that file without enough evidence to charge back then) Now they have the evidence.

Someone else was on the criminal database found by using the new familial DNA testing off the Kimono when it was retested.

They have never, ever said that. You have conveniently left out some of that article which goes to state that the police have never said that this was how the case was solved. Read it. What they HAVE said is the key to finding BRE was in reopening the old Huntingdale file.

By solving the Huntingdale attack. Solve that and they've got their man. They went back, reopened the Huntingdale file ( my bet is that they found him as a suspect in that file without enough evidence to charge back then) Now they have the evidence.
They have never, ever said that. You have conveniently left out some of that article which goes to state that the police have never said that this was how the case was solved. Read it. What they HAVE said is the key to finding BRE was in reopening the old Huntingdale file.

Your comments conflict media reports from multiple sources.

The Kimono would have already been DNA tested, but didn't turn anything up as he wasn't on the criminal DNA database. This gave home all the confidence in the world. As long as he wasn't on that he was home and free.

If they had info on the Huntingdale file that identified him, he would have been done decades ago.

I have a very good source who explained what happened. Police have not announced exactly what happened for a number of reasons but they get close which matches my source. I even know what that person was convicted of. Which really backs some other comments the Mojoeans keep trying to shut down.

Next came the technique sometimes called “familial DNA” where police look for people who are closely related to a suspected offender.

I have to side with Dan on this, it was my understanding FDNA was a big link in solving this case. ( as an amatuer genealogist I look for this stuff) and this link to The Oz says the same. Actually you are both right :D

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/new...d/news-story/f34913420ecf0edf1a4b991994f8254d

Shells corners
Police have also charged Mr Edwards with a home invasion in 1988, when he would have been 20 years old. They will allege he forced his way into the bedroom of a young woman and sexually assaulted her before she struggled and he bolted. It has been reported on news.com.au that DNA found on a sillk dressing gown dropped near the scene matched DNA recovered from the body of the third Claremont victim

Dans corner

They had the matches to both crimes . BRE must not have had his DNA taken at any stage so they used/looked for familial connections. From what I understand it was a close family member who had had a run in and they matched from that

I was abused elsewhere too for saying they have a DNA profile off Ciara and the Karrakatta rape. Key points people kept saying didn't exist.

Turns out I was right, again...

I have to side with Dan on this, it was my understanding FDNA was a big link in solving this case. ( as an amatuer genealogist I look for this stuff) and this link to The Oz says the same. Actually you are both right :D

Shells corners
Police have also charged Mr Edwards with a home invasion in 1988, when he would have been 20 years old. They will allege he forced his way into the bedroom of a young woman and sexually assaulted her before she struggled and he bolted. It has been reported on news.com.au that DNA found on a sillk dressing gown dropped near the scene matched DNA recovered from the body of the third Claremont victim

Dans corner

They had the matches to both crimes . BRE must not have had his DNA taken at any stage so they used/looked for familial connections. From what I understand it was a close family member who had had a run in and they matched from that

Hit the paywall on that article but we had this discussion before in the old CSK thread. In the first article from memory, it asserts "the police have never said how they got BRE's name" so the journalist is just guessing it was familial DNA. In later articles, the police said it was in reopening the old file.

Could be, with their over the top secrecy they want to avoid probing questions and to protect the identity of the familial.

Seems to be too many coincidences in firstly matching the kimono DNA to three other crimes for which they've had the DNA for a long time, then suddenly a relative is arrested and they get a hit to the kimono when they didn't need the kimono to get that hit.

As a compromise, could it be that the Huntingdale file was reopened and they started homing in on their man but to be sure and without alerting him to it they arrested one of his rellies and ran that through the database?

Ooooh ... maybe how they got the familial's DNA is a bit suspect and that's why they won't confirm.

I was abused elsewhere too for saying they have a DNA profile off Ciara and the Karrakatta rape. Key points people kept saying didn't exist.

Turns out I was right, again...

They didn't get a usable profile until advances in science were made. This is why so many items were going back and forth to the UK for LCN testing.

EDIT: So there wasn't and then there was.

Last edited:

Maybe our men in black are looking at broader crime surrounding the case. The AFP already involved surrounding the peripheral entities in this case.

What I think you're trying to say is that while investigating BRE, the cops have uncovered nefarious IT activities that's linked to organised crime. This I think could be true.

What that organised crime involves, could be a lot of things from stealing huge amounts of data (hopefully they get a few corporate heads), passport theft, anything around identity fraud, kiddy pr0n, child trafficking, prescription medicines on the black market or out of Mexico, sexual slavery, steroids, date rape drugs ... could be anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back