2017/18 Off Season Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

I noticed it for that trade and a couple of others. In the past Russian would give you whatever contract you named, even if it was above the minimum so that's the path I followed as it is pretty clearly stated in the trading section what the minimum trade contracts are. I can change it if there is a lot of support to do so, but otherwise I'll keep it the same.

Just noticed Danoz has made the error too with Josh Smith. That's 3 out of 15 coaches. Approximately a quarter of the competition. That's assuming all 15 coaches have traded in an uncontracted player too. Perhaps it needs to be made a little more 'clear'.

Funny you mention that about Russian. I seem to recall him changing it down to the minimum if a mistake was made. My memory could be off though. Just seems weird to allow mistakes to screw a team over that bad. I mean, I'm lucky I only made the mistake with one trade. If I'd done three or four, it could have cost me 100-200k plus. I'd be in favour of not allowing teams to pay a player above the minimum when they trade them in. Seems common sense.

Or perhaps at the very least you (or anyone who notices) could inform people that have made the error so that they can rectify in future trades..

Just noticed Danoz has made the error too with Josh Smith. That's 3 out of 15 coaches. Approximately a quarter of the competition. That's assuming all 15 coaches have traded in an uncontracted player too. Perhaps it needs to be made a little more 'clear'.

Funny you mention that about Russian. I seem to recall him changing it down to the minimum if a mistake was made. My memory could be off though. Just seems weird to allow mistakes to screw a team over that bad. I mean, I'm lucky I only made the mistake with one trade. If I'd done three or four, it could have cost me 100-200k plus. I'd be in favour of not allowing teams to pay a player above the minimum when they trade them in. Seems common sense.

Or perhaps at the very least you (or anyone who notices) could inform people that have made the error so that they can rectify in future trades..

You got me real confused then. Josh Smith belongs to bluesy I think. My guy is Joel Smith from Melbourne.

All fair points and it may be worth looking into in the future but I'd say it's up to the individuals to check when making the trade, it's hard enough keeping up with the off-season and trying to process every trade let alone trying to pick up every mistake as well. I'm pretty certain Russian gave coaches the contract of whatever was posted, I may be wrong though. I remember one off-season I certainly put in the wrong contract details and was stuck with that.

I'm also not sure how much clearer it can be with minimum trade values. Maybe it needs to be moved further up in the list to make it stand out more? Open to ideas.
To be a valid trade
Both clubs must confirm the trade prior to the deadline
All players must be on the clubs' lists prior to the first post of the trade (i.e.no on-trading until the previous trade is confirmed)
The receiving club must post the contract details for any previously uncontracted player they are receiving
- This contract must have a salary of at least the number before the player's name in the post above
- This contract must have a salary of at least the minimum salary for that length (140/175/210/245/280)
- This contract must have a value and salary greater than or equal to the leading bid on the player at the time of posting the trade.

George Horlin-Smith ($168,000, 1 year)
This is an invalid bid as you still have 2 active bids (Mountford and Rice). Have to wait until the bidding finishes on one of those players, or one of them is traded. FWIW Rice bid is scheduled to finish in around 3 hours if no further bids are made.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

All fair points and it may be worth looking into in the future but I'd say it's up to the individuals to check when making the trade, it's hard enough keeping up with the off-season and trying to process every trade let alone trying to pick up every mistake as well. I'm pretty certain Russian gave coaches the contract of whatever was posted, I may be wrong though. I remember one off-season I certainly put in the wrong contract details and was stuck with that.

I'm also not sure how much clearer it can be with minimum trade values. Maybe it needs to be moved further up in the list to make it stand out more? Open to ideas.

Ok fair enough if that's the decision, you're the man in charge at the moment.

I must say I'm pretty dissapointed though. This is a game with a lot of rules and a lot of numbers. Mistakes are going to be made pretty regularly. In the lists thread I actively spent time trying to prevent myself from gaining an advantage salary cap wise. Perhaps I would have been better off letting it slide and just keeping the advantage there. Swings and roundabouts. Mistakes with bidding have been made but those people have been let off (which I'm totally ok with) because mistakes are mistakes. Overall it's not going to make a huge difference so I'll leave it there.

Ok fair enough if that's the decision, you're the man in charge at the moment.

I must say I'm pretty dissapointed though. This is a game with a lot of rules and a lot of numbers. Mistakes are going to be made pretty regularly. In the lists thread I actively spent time trying to prevent myself from gaining an advantage salary cap wise. Perhaps I would have been better off letting it slide and just keeping the advantage there. Swings and roundabouts. Mistakes with bidding have been made but those people have been let off (which I'm totally ok with) because mistakes are mistakes. Overall it's not going to make a huge difference so I'll leave it there.
All good, I certainly understand where you are coming from. Certainly happy to look at it for next off-season. As I mentioned it's been a struggle enough just trying to work out how everything works this off-season.

All good, I certainly understand where you are coming from. Certainly happy to look at it for next off-season. As I mentioned it's been a struggle enough just trying to work out how everything works this off-season.

You (and your helpers) have done a fantastic job. Please don't take this disagreement as me thinking anything less of your efforts.

I believe Brisbane will be slightly over the cap after the Rookie Retention of Duman was won by Bisbane today (contract value $75,000, 1 year).

As a result, if Pie 4 Life and everyone else is amenable to the idea, I will allow him to cancel his rookie retention bid on Duman to get under the cap, otherwise we will need to go to a firesale. Pie 4 Life , please confirm you wish to do this by 6PM Sunday December 17.

If there are any objections to this please let me know either through this forum or via PM; I will endeavour to make this as fair as possible for all coaches.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back