Bigfooty Yid Army Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Against a team like City who has powerhouses out wide I'd rather a bloke who puts challenges in, than rather corrall 2-3 metres off the ball all the time letting whoever get in behind him or gives them space to shoot from distance.

If Sane plays out on the right he will give Jan a bath cutting in, similar to what Mahrez did the other week.
You have weird fascinations with some players. Jan out does not make this side better.
It really is that simple.

He's made a couple of mistakes this season but overall has probably been our best centrehalf this season.

Chelsea was Wanyama and Lloris responsible for our goals conceded.
Burnley was Trippier switching off and Wood capitalised
West Ham was two crosses from our right side after Aurier was sent off.
Liverpool was a foul but was Kane losing the ball.
Utd was Dier switching off and letting Martial in behind.
Arsenal was Jan and Sanchez for both goals iirc.
West Brom was Dele losing the ball on halfway.
Leicester was Aurier out of position and then Jan backing off v Mahrez.
Stoke was Lloris not getting to the ball on a cross.

So please, refrain from overstating Jan's guilt in conceding goals. He's been quite good overall and we ARE NOT better with him missing.
Simple.

WBA was Sanchez getting bitched by Rondon

It was Arsenal and another game around then that he was the culprit. Or maybe he was just that bad in that game I thought it was more than once

Hopefully an awful performance like this can improve Harry Winks

0-0: lost Gundogan for the goal

0-1: we get a rare good counter and he went wide to rose when Son was in on goal

0-1: lost the ball from the throw in when we were attacking (or was it Eriksen) they go down and score

0-2: just after they miss a pen he *s our best chance for a goal up

Reality check. Hopefully he uses it to spur him on

I still blame Trippier for that 2nd goal. It wasn’t a good throw in.
Was roasted for the 3rd goal. Was rinsed by Sané all game.

Why does Poch pick the wrong fullbacks so often this season. Plays Trippier when we need the pace of Aurier and plays Aurier when it’s not needed.

Unforgivable that we've gone into the season with a combined total of 5 in our CB/DM group. And one of the 5 Foyth is 12-18 months off being ready

Unforgivable that we've gone into the season with a combined total of 5 in our CB/DM group. And one of the 5 Foyth is 12-18 months off being ready
I count 6, but meh

We are gash, attack the cups (particularly Europe), get everyone fit for next season at NWHL and have a crack then

giphy.gif

We've had too many injuries in key areas so far. That's the problem.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I count 6, but meh

We are gash, attack the cups (particularly Europe), get everyone fit for next season at NWHL and have a crack then
Toby
JV
Sanchez
Dier
Wanyama

They're the only ones capable of playing PL. I didn't count Foyth the first time around but then did the second lol

Either way 6 with him or 5 without isn't good enough. And you can see why right now when we lost 3 of the 5!

We need to play with 3 of the 5 regardless of if we play 2 or 3 centre backs

JVmJb7F.jpg

DRaNxgMX4AAkoxe.jpg

The "trees" for the kop stand are up. You can see what they're there to do, to think a roof has to go on top of it too so it'll be carrying quite a load.

KBq1xl7.jpg

Meanwhile on the stand at the other end the next stage of roof support has begun to be installed. Important as the roof must be on by early Feb for the stadium to be completed on time.

A real 7/10 half there. Sissoko buries that chance and it's a perfect 10 for me.

2-0 seals it. Can see Burnley scoring 1 at a stretch 2 max but if we can get 2-0 up and make them really chase the game we can pick them off on the counter as we've seen

Brilliant performance and an even better result.

Sanchez and Aurier had their moments of madness but also had just as many moments of brilliance. Davies and Vertonghen solid. Lloris probably our worst out there but kept a clean sheet. Go figure!

Dier sures up that midfield well. Sissoko is just so hard to watch live. But really he did his job and did it as good as you could expect really. Great assist for the sealer.

Eriksen had a subtle good game. Like seeing him more involved and a bit deeper at times. Son was only briefly involved and then missed a golden chance I thought would haunt us. Needs to improve on doing the simple things well.

Dele Alli. From the first minutes I got the sense if was the Alli of old. Dribbling well and involved. Then lunged into that challenge. Wasn't red but was silly because of his reputation. Both went hard at the ball. Wins the pen and just seemed to thrive on the booing. Got the assist for the third as well.

Kane. Words won't even do him justice. 7 hat tricks in 2017? What a man!

A decent bit of perspective and extra holiday cheer.

In terms of where sides are at the halfway mark we are 5 points worse off than last year. Contrary to what you'd believe in the media that's actually better than both Arsenal (6 points) and Liverpool (8 points)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back