-​
-​
78​
-​
Sorrento​
Cups WR​

Last edited:
That’s what I said

Yeah but if your provisional is s**t, and you didn’t declare it so, you might be playing your 5th off the tee

Played Sunday at Tullmarine, my first full round with my new irons, certainly is a challenge changing clubs, these have a whole lot different feel to my old ones, will take a few more rounds before i get comfortable i think.

Shot 94 off the stick, which game me a net 70, past crap rounds have seen my handicap drift out. Lucky i could putt on the day, only had 29 putts.

Played Sunday at Tullmarine, my first full round with my new irons, certainly is a challenge changing clubs, these have a whole lot different feel to my old ones, will take a few more rounds before i get comfortable i think.

Shot 94 off the stick, which game me a net 70, past crap rounds have seen my handicap drift out. Lucky i could putt on the day, only had 29 putts.

off 24 for the day?

Which irons did you get mate?

Wanna game over xmas/NY?

off 24 for the day?

Which irons did you get mate?

Wanna game over xmas/NY?

I posted my irons recently in the equipment thread. Callaway XR irons.

Yeh 24 handicap my last couple of rounds have been horrible.

I'm heading back to Perth on the 24th and back to Melbourne on the 31st, brother is getting married for a 2nd time, silly *er.

Any time you are up for a game after that let me know the date and i'll see if it works.

I posted my irons recently in the equipment thread. Callaway XR irons.

Yeh 24 handicap my last couple of rounds have been horrible.

I'm heading back to Perth on the 24th and back to Melbourne on the 31st, brother is getting married for a 2nd time, silly ******.

Any time you are up for a game after that let me know the date and i'll see if it works.

Will do mate!

Just arrived at the Gold Coast and will be here until Saturday. The Missus says it's a family holiday so I wasn't allowed to bring the clubs. So many courses to choose from ffs. I really play well at Royal Pines but the greens are a challenge.

Just arrived at the Gold Coast and will be here until Saturday. The Missus says it's a family holiday so I wasn't allowed to bring the clubs. So many courses to choose from ffs. I really play well at Royal Pines but the greens are a challenge.

Golf clubs. Don't leave home without them!

Or in your case, hire some at the club!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Thought you guys might find this interesting. Exhibit A as to why I let little AC play his own game and learn it the right way. No need to have to give him hand signals down the road---cause he can feel confident he knows what he is doing based on years of experience. It is unfortunate that it must have been so pervasive an issue they made a rule. That is out-of hand-crazy.

http://www.ktvq.com/story/36958250/...parents-cannot-watch-their-children-play-golf

http://www.ktvq.com/story/36968249/...rsial-montana-high-school-golf-spectator-rule (part 2)

Last edited:
Thought you guys might find this interesting. Exhibit A as to why I let little AC play his own game and learn it the right way. No need to have to give him hand signals down the road---cause he can feel confident he knows what he is doing based on years of experience. It is unfortunate that it must have been so pervasive an issue they made a rule. That is out-of hand-crazy.

http://www.ktvq.com/story/36958250/...parents-cannot-watch-their-children-play-golf
A crazy rule but some parents (a minority that is) do try to unsettle or baulk an opposing golfer.

A crazy rule but some parents (a minority that is) do try to unsettle or baulk an opposing golfer.

Yes, I actually have seen this first hand. You raise an excellent point I hadn't thought of. That is as much an issue as illegal coaching I suppose.

Last edited:
A warm day with northerly winds battering us from hole 1 at The National (all courses). Wanted to survive and score anything above 30 in the winds. Did so. Drinks after were refreshing.
Snowing here ya bastards ;)

Played at Ivanhoe yesterday with my brother. Teed off on the first and straight away knew it was going to be a long day. Group of 3 social hackers in front of us and a group of 4 in front of them.

Despite meeting them on the tee box several times they didn't offer for us to play through. Not only that but because they were also waiting at times due to the group in front of them, they were hitting multiple balls of the tee.

Thankfully both groups either quit or went in for lunch/drink after 9 so it was smooth sailing after that. Played pretty well on the back 9 too.

Commonwealth on Friday. Solid with 18 points. Found the greens slow and extremely spongey. A sandbelt course was sandbelty.
Played with two blokes playing off 30+. Struggle was real on the first when one of them topped his drive. He walked to the ball, picked it up and came back. OK so hes playing social. Fair enough. My associate was playing well and putting em in from everywhere with 24 on the first nine (back 9). I myself had 18 without being spectacular. Didnt drive overly well, putting frustrating but was on song in the short department resulting in 36 pts.

Yesterday The National old course. Beautiful crispy early morning playing with scratch, 4 and 8 markers. Scratchy was a pennant player, and a good bloke. Drove well with first blemish on the 5th with two off the tee both delivered into the dense forest. haha lel.

Putted like a dog with no less than 4 lip outs. so frustrating on the greens that we all felt was slower than we are accustomed to. Had some cracking shots into greens that surprised me. Feeling good with irons into greens.

We had a group of 2 behind us that had to wait at times. But the course marshall for the day who is terrific bloke was nice and informed us they were ok with waiting.

Think i had something like 27 pts.

Played at Ivanhoe yesterday with my brother. Teed off on the first and straight away knew it was going to be a long day. Group of 3 social hackers in front of us and a group of 4 in front of them.

Despite meeting them on the tee box several times they didn't offer for us to play through. Not only that but because they were also waiting at times due to the group in front of them, they were hitting multiple balls of the tee.

Thankfully both groups either quit or went in for lunch/drink after 9 so it was smooth sailing after that. Played pretty well on the back 9 too.

that sounds frustrating mate.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back