News Swans Talk In The Media 2017 (footy talk only, please)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 14, 2016
AFL Club
Sydney
Haha i do find it funny Nick Blakey will be the face of the draft again like Heeney and Mills were.

True. but just like Heeney and Mills before him he won't be a no.1 pick. He'll be a pick 5-10 at best. No doubt the Melbourne media mafia will keep pumping the tyres to bursting point but the reality is the top 4 of 5 looks of the charts

Jul 13, 2008
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Liverpool
Crows and Port boards already trying to work out when they’re ‘coming home’

:rolleyes: Port fans can dream on. Their salary cap is going to be bursting for the next 4 years minimum.

Adelaide, on the other hand, could get one. Sloane OOC would demand a top 5 pick. Do they put their trust in the Crouch brothers and pick up one of them?

Oct 5, 2009
Adelaide
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Southampton FC
:rolleyes: Port fans can dream on. Their salary cap is going to be bursting for the next 4 years minimum.

Adelaide, on the other hand, could get one. Sloane OOC would demand a top 5 pick. Do they put their trust in the Crouch brothers and pick up one of them?

Trading your 'spiritual' captain would be a bad idea.

Have to be a top two pick at the minute to get either of the SA lads you would imagine.

Jun 2, 2014
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
The Rebel Alliance
To play devil's advocate, Buddy was at his cheapest when Tippet was at his most expensive. May have balanced out with Tippett getting pay cuts and Buddy's back end starting to go up.

That being said, ******* sick of the 'Bondi Billionaires' mocking bullshit.

Jun 2, 2014
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
The Rebel Alliance
To play devil's advocate, Buddy was at his cheapest when Tippet was at his most expensive. May have balanced out with Tippett getting pay cuts and Buddy's back end starting to go up.

That being said, ******* sick of the 'Bondi Billionaires' mocking bullshit.
Agreed. So over it. Especially now there are other teams with players on similar high deals.

True. He's not done much since to justify $1M per year for the next 9 years.
Mitch Morton won one for us & cost nothing.

Hmm dunno about that. Plenty of others stood up that day as well. Mitch did a couple of really great things most importantly that defensive effort that led to Jacks goal but he was not dominant like Boyd.

Boyd did what a million dollar recruit should do - take control of the hard s**t and bring home the bacon.

Imagine what Tippetts rep on here would be like if he played that type of game and won us one.

I will guarantee the Dogs hierarchy and indeed most clubs would gladly pay $9 million to get one flag especially given there is still upside to him if he gets it right.

Anyway whatever. Boyd may end up completely and utterly s**t for the next 6 years or whatever but he has a flag. That's all that matters in the end.

Hmm dunno about that. Plenty of others stood up that day as well. Mitch did a couple of really great things most importantly that defensive effort that led to Jacks goal but he was not dominant like Boyd.

Boyd did what a million dollar recruit should do - take control of the hard s**t and bring home the bacon.

Imagine what Tippetts rep on here would be like if he played that type of game and won us one.

I will guarantee the Dogs hierarchy and indeed most clubs would gladly pay $9 million to get one flag especially given there is still upside to him if he gets it right.

Anyway whatever. Boyd may end up completely and utterly s**t for the next 6 years or whatever but he has a flag. That's all that matters in the end.

As much of a Tippett fan I am you are completely right in your assessment.

Tedeski

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 2, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Mava Fan Cooler

Yes very true I guess. A flag is well worth the exercise & they very well may win another one or three with him if he clicks.
Likewise, we must win one with Buddy before he is past it & on $1.5M.

Tuco

Brownlow Medallist
10k Posts SuperCoach Club Board Winner
Sep 28, 2005
Between ANZ & the SCG
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Bloods
I have a solution...let conversstion spin off from media posts but just limit them to several posts so it stays on topic.

50 posts a year from Bedders saying "media thread" is boring as well. If several posts allowable there'll be no need to have thread police.

The media links are conversation starters. Let conversation exist. Just be mindful to take it to the general thread if needed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back