Random NON FOOTY thoughts not worthy of a thread: Edition II

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Unfortunately this case is likely to be more similar to how certain marsupials etc react to the domestic dog, they'll often let them get close because they don't naturally see them as a threat, and once they're close enough speed isn't as big a factor.

If the thylacine focused on wallabies it would be fantastic (as the populations are out of control) but it's the smaller more endangered species I worry for.

All hypotheticals of course, we're at least a decade off a thylacine even being thought about being cloned.

Well, seems to me, before they're released into the wild, I should be able to get a hefty government grant to go squirt thylacine urine throughout Tas forests while kicking quolls and native rodents. Sorted.

You may want to PM me as I have worked in the solar industry for over 10 years.

I no longer work in the retail as I represent a large manufacturer of solar panels so can’t directly help though can assist in advice

Personally the Enphase micro inverters stuff is over priced and not reccomended unless you have a tricky roof. Also I am assuming they are giving away 1kW battery which is pretty much bigger all.

$6,200 should get you close to a 5kW system with European made inverter (Fronius or SMA) and tier 1 panel, such as Suntech, Trina, Q-Cells etc etc.

Personally I wouldn’t bother about storage (batteries) right now as prices will still continue to drop over the next 2 years.

Hello Solar are nobodies and I wouldn’t trust that they would stay the distance to honour warranties. But thanks for sponsoring the club nonetheless. :p
This industry is riddled with dodgy companies. Do not touch Eurosolar or True Value Solar as a quick Google review will reveal their business practices.

In Melbourne I would suggest Solargain or Energymatters for credible large retailers that use credible componentry.

Or if you want the personal touch Urban Energy are a small company but the blokes running it are 2 of the best installers I know in the business.

Anyways you could always go look at the whirlpool forums on Solar for more information.
I like what you're selling NV. In the coming year I'll be getting a larger property and really wanted to solar power my shed. Something like this:

Then when i get a handle on solar power move over to house etc.

Well, seems to me, before they're released into the wild, I should be able to get a hefty government grant to go squirt thylacine urine throughout Tas forests while kicking quolls and native rodents. Sorted.
Ya haven't got any fox scent left lying around by any chance?

Split system (inverter) Air cons these days, especially inverter systems are very efficient when cooling your house.

My recent experience backs this up, having changed my split system from a circa 2000 one to a 2017 one. Prior to the change our post Winter power bill came in at $2,500 FFS (3 bedroom home) and it sounded like we had a jet engine running outside the house. The new one's dead quiet, cools far more efficiently, and uses far less power.

Just have to update the bloody huge plasma tv's now and we'll have made a massive dent in our power consumption.

My recent experience backs this up, having changed my split system from a circa 2000 one to a 2017 one. Prior to the change our post Winter power bill came in at $2,500 FFS (3 bedroom home) and it sounded like we had a jet engine running outside the house. The new one's dead quiet, cools far more efficiently, and uses far less power.

Just have to update the bloody huge plasma tv's now and we'll have made a massive dent in our power consumption.

$2,500? Keeerist!

How much skunk are you growing in the back room?!

Having a science background, this excites me greatly.

But having a behavioural and conservation background makes me worry.

Current animals wouldn't see the Tassie Tiger as a known predator and it could lead to thinning out of already endangered species in the wild.

Similar to how Tassie as a whole shits itself over the idea of a Fox making it here from the mainland.

Will be a long time if at all we see a live TT in the wild, will be a captive species for a long time if it's even possible to clone them.

I've heard rumours there are already foxes in tassie. Do you reckon there is any truth to them?

I like what you're selling NV. In the coming year I'll be getting a larger property and really wanted to solar power my shed. Something like this:

Then when i get a handle on solar power move over to house etc.

I’ve met quite a few people who have done similar. Especially the owner builder type. One day I hope to do the same.

Build a big Shed. Deck it out to be reasonably self sustainable, move in and then slowly build the dream home. Once the dream home is finished what’s left over is the ultimate man cave!!

I guess the added advantage to this is that the solar system lives on the shed and not on the roof of the house.

No matter how many years I’ve been in the industry I still think they look ugly on the roof......

Can’t beat a sexy colourbond or tile roof. Though I do admit a prefer colourbond as I like the clean lines.

I believe one probably made it here via cargo ship or smuggling and is probably dead by now.
Don't remember the last time I heard about a sighting

Actually spoke to the people in the stop the fox task force back when I was in uni. Even they said it was more a preventative thing than there necessarily being an adult fox population.

Sent from my SM-N920I using Tapatalk

Genuine question, is it just me or has the ethnic cleansing in Burma been under reported in our media?

I don’t watch any of our conventional news so I’m really keen to know how it’s being reported? I might be wrong but I don’t get the feeling it’s being reported with the same amount of fear & disgust as when it’s happened to other people/parts of the world. Nearly 650,000 people have fled to Bangladesh, making it the worlds largest refugee camp.

I believe one probably made it here via cargo ship or smuggling and is probably dead by now.
Don't remember the last time I heard about a sighting

Actually spoke to the people in the stop the fox task force back when I was in uni. Even they said it was more a preventative thing than there necessarily being an adult fox population.

Sent from my SM-N920I using Tapatalk

I was born in Hobart and went to primary school there. We used to go camping at a place called Wayatinah on the Lyell highway, often with another family or two, and at night our parents would take us on drives thru the bush round there on these old fire trails and bush tracks. I've never seen so much wildlife, especially since we left Tassie and moved to the mainland. It would be a smorgasbord for foxes.

Anyway its good to hear they aren't a real problem cos they would wreck the joint. I've just dropped my daughter at school for her last day and one of the teachers told me they saw two foxes opposite our driveway yesterday or the day before. Never seen more than one round here and that was rare (wild dogs, especially big wild dogs are more of a problem,) but they are in suburban melbourne. I had one snatch a sausage sanga out of my hand at a barbq at Monash uni in the 80s.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This is nothing to do with any of the above posts. But. Not having been a pizza eater at all, I am now thinking of trying some . Has any one got a favourite brand, type, topping etc that can get me started on my quest to become a pizza eater for the next few months :).

Genuine question, is it just me or has the ethnic cleansing in Burma been under reported in our media?

I don’t watch any of our conventional news so I’m really keen to know how it’s being reported? I might be wrong but I don’t get the feeling it’s being reported with the same amount of fear & disgust as when it’s happened to other people/parts of the world. Nearly 650,000 people have fled to Bangladesh, making it the worlds largest refugee camp.
I haven't seen or heard this. But not been keeping up with any news much lately . Sounds horrific

This is nothing to do with any of the above posts. But. Not having been a pizza eater at all, I am now thinking of trying some . Has any one got a favourite brand, type, topping etc that can get me started on my quest to become a pizza eater for the next few months :).
I don't know what it says about me (o just my boring palette) but I dig a good meatlovers.

Go for a local place or a smaller chain that uses good ingredients. Stay away from pizza hut and domino's like the plague.

If you have to go with a chain go for one like pizza capers who use decent ingredients,

Yes. Of course . I am sorry. But I quickly answered your post. You are right. It has had some publicity since August, but not as much as others. It is absolutely horrific . Can't fanthom that number of people .

It’s hard to not be cynical and think the reason Its treated differently is because they’re doing it to muslims.

I want to believe otherwise but it’s hard to ignore.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back