Status in Question Sexual offenders attending AFL events

Remove this Banner Ad

This is going to be a unpopular view, so I want to preface it by saying I have a major in criminology, studied Law at a G08 for a couple of years and am in my final year of a teaching degree. A few years ago I would of said he should be banned and I'd have no ill feelings if someone decided to give him a beating. The dude is clearly scum and I wouldn't have any issues if he got taken out the back and shot, personally speaking.

However, RUNVS is on the money if you take emotion out of it.

I feel like constantly demonising him, and isolating him from other things he loves (ie football) will mean he is more likely to offend again. We can't make these people disappear from our society, and it is more important to minimise the chance of them reoffending than it is to try and satisfy our own personal need for revenge.

Demonising and isolating him is going to be worse for the community, it will increase the chance of recidivism. His crime, while disgusting, is of a nature where the chance of anything happening at an open training session is virtually non existent. I took my cousin to a Melbourne training session the other week and walked past the Holden Centre, it is so open, what do you think his going to do? it isn't even school holidays, granted parents do let their kids out of school to go to these sessions (cousins parents let me take my cousin for instance). I'd feel sick if I had kids and knew he was there, but ultimately creeps like this are more prevalent than you think. This just happened to get out on social media and made people cognizant. I have a feeling his probably blown his bail conditions though, so you might not see him for a while :p

Wouldn't there be young supporters watching training wearing the bare minimum of clothes in this heat? What a coincidence...

Pretty stupid response, do you think there is more lack of clothing at an open training session than at a shopping centre? If you're implying what I assume you are, why doesn't he just go to the beach?

Last edited:
What a strange comment - open training is exactly where you are likely to find children, I go watch Melbourne training next door and there are always heaps of kids there - brought along to get balls and jumpers signed etc. In fact it’s the place where you almost want to hire someone’s kid to take along so as to legitimise your own presence and look less like the type of saddo adult fan who wastes their time standing about for hours watching a bunch of guys doing kicking drills and running laps.

I’ll warrant, given this person’s proclivities, he is very, very aware that there will be children about too. If I were CFC, I wouldn’t want this guy within 5 miles of training.
Kids getting their balls signed by the players, wouldn’t this encourage pedos to attend training sessions by the hundreds?

This is going to be a unpopular view, so I want to preface it by saying I have a major in criminology, studied Law at a G08 for a couple of years and am in my final year of a teaching degree. A few years ago I would of said he should be banned and I'd have no ill feelings if someone decided to give him a beating. The dude is clearly scum and I wouldn't have any issues if he got taken out the back and shot, personally speaking.

However, RUNVS is on the money if you take emotion out of it.

Demonising and isolating him is going to be worse for the community, it will increase the chance of recidivism. His crime, while disgusting, is of a nature where the chance of anything happening at an open training session is virtually non existent. I took my cousin to a Melbourne training session the other week and walked past the Holden Centre, it is so open, what do you think his going to do? it isn't even school holidays, granted parents do let their kids out of school to go to these sessions (cousins parents let me take my cousin for instance). I'd feel sick if I had kids and knew he was there, but ultimately creeps like this are more prevalent than you think. This just happened to get out on social media and made people cognizant. I have a feeling his probably blown his bail conditions though, so you might not see him for a while :p

I agree with this. If the CA Royal Commission has taught us anything, it's that the existence of people of this particular sexual persuasion is far more widespread than society imagined. And for every offender that has been reported, there'd be a few who haven't. And then you have the poor buggers who are of that persuasion but are strong enough to entirely suppress it.

Assuming capital punishment and castration remain out, we are going to need to work out a way for these people to be accommodated in society without putting kids at risk. I doubt that entirely isolating them is going to be the answer. It might be, but I doubt it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He’s still an Essendon supporter he just chaperones his mother to Collingwood training.

Due to the editing of my post i will repeat a statement of fact from the previously
posted judgement against Our sexual offender friend.

His mother wrote a character reference for him.

Decide how you wish to accept this information but it’s certainly a statement of fact, the mother he chaperones to training wrote a character reference for her son as a defence for his conviction.

Any mod changes to this post after a Statement of fact I will assume BF is attempting to censor and protect aaron Meadows convicted sexual offender.

Due to the editing of my post i will repeat a statement of fact from the previously

Decide how you wish to accept this information but it’s certainly a statement of fact, the mother he chaperones to training wrote a character reference for her son as a defence for his conviction.

Any mod changes to this post after a Statement of fact I will assume BF is attempting to censor and protect aaron Meadows convicted sexual offender.

If he was being protected the thread would be gone completely, there is no need to abuse the mods

In summary, he did aarong thing.

I read this entire thread and it took about 2 or 3 pages to realise there was some inside kind of joke happening but I couldn't make sense of it. I don't really follow Australian news at all unless it reaches worldwide coverage (or it's AFL related) but the penny dropped with this post.

I read this entire thread and it took about 2 or 3 pages to realise there was some inside kind of joke happening but I couldn't make sense of it. I don't really follow Australian news at all unless it reaches worldwide coverage (or it's AFL related) but the penny dropped with this post.

It's not a news story, this story is notable because he's an ex-poster here who got booted once it became clear what he was.

Thread is still here, actually surprised a mod hasn't edited his name.

Not sure your point on his mother writing a character reference. Parents are always biased to some degree, I've seen kids at school agitate others and provoke, yet the parent of the kid who antagonized complains when another kid says something minor to their kid. A kid got told to stop running up and down the slide a few weeks ago, as soon as the teacher left he fell and hit his head, parent complained to the education board about the "lack of supervision". *, in my own family you say anything slightly negative against my uncles kids and it's world war 3. Not saying her writing a character reference is the right thing, but I'd hazard a guess that more parents of sexual offenders would write a character reference than not. Wouldn't of made much difference to the judge anyways.

It's not a news story, this story is notable because he's an ex-poster here who got booted once it became clear what he was.

Didn't realise he posted here, what was his username?

Thread is still here, actually surprised a mod hasn't edited his name.

Not sure your point on his mother writing a character reference. Parents are always biased to some degree, I've seen kids at school agitate others and provoke, yet the parent of the kid who antagonized complains when another kid says something minor to their kid. A kid got told to stop running up and down the slide a few weeks ago, as soon as the teacher left he fell and hit his head, parent complained to the education board about the "lack of supervision". ****, in my own family you say anything slightly negative against my uncles kids and it's world war 3. Not saying her writing a character reference is the right thing, but I'd hazard a guess that more parents of sexual offenders would write a character reference than not. Wouldn't of made much difference to the judge anyways.

Didn't realise he posted here, what was his username?

The Jet or Jobe3Votes, had a few names.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back