Political Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Both sides have a vested interest to keep this quiet - if it all came out, they'd all look like the money-hungry pigs they are, the crap they spend our money on

...and don't pretend you haven't heard of DNA magazine!
FYI I'm not farking pretending smart ass hence the reason I had to go to Google, I'm not a city slicker like yourself and wouldn't know the last time I perused the magazine assortment in my local newsagent, and FYI I'd seriously doubt they'd be a best seller in the community I live in. I go into the local newsagent to do one of or both to buy a Tats Lotto ticket or the Herald Sun for the racing form.

FYI I'm not farking pretending smart ass hence the reason I had to go to Google, I'm not a city slicker like yourself and wouldn't know the last time I perused the magazine assortment in my local newsagent, and FYI I'd seriously doubt they'd be a best seller in the community I live in. I go into the local newsagent to do one of or both to buy a Tats Lotto ticket or the Herald Sun for the racing form.

Evidence i should have used a ;)

Just having a joke mate, we finally agreed on something, thought it would be okay, no offense was meant.

You're probably right about the reasoning... but may (?) be wrong about the mechanism for selecting his replacement.

The reason they've been going back to the "next person on the ticket" is because those people weren't legally elected in the first place. They ineligible to sit as a member of parliament, so their nomination was null & void. As such, they conduct a re-count as if that candidate was not on the ballot paper. This usually results in a person from the same party being elected, because most people vote "above the line", so their votes just flow to the next candidate from the same party.

However slimy, corrupt, and morally bankrupt Dastyari may be, he was legally elected to the Senate. His resignation creates a "casual vacancy". As such, I don't think there's any requirement for a recount. My understanding is that casual vacancies result in a replacement being nominated by the Premier of the state where the vacancy occurs. By convention, the retiring member's party to choose its preferred candidate, and the Premier then nominates this person. In this course, the ALP would nominate KK, and this would be rubber stamped by Mike Baird.

And what a train wreck KK's interview was with Samantha Maiden....see link
http://www.news.com.au/video/id-534...W--Keneally-won-t-rule-out-taking-Senate-seat

Last edited:

https://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/po...foreign-interference-law-20171214-h04bec.html

So the Chinese have summoned our Ambassador to Beijing because they're unhappy we're talking about laws that will stop them interfering in the running of our country.

I think it's inevitable the Chinese will eventually takeover Australia (they've already started), but can we now stop trying to be PC with this lot and at least stand up for our own country?
it's only inevitable if people continue to sit back and watch it happen.

on one hand I'm glad Turnbull has described the influence as "disturbing" but on the other I have to wonder what these *******s are smoking when they sign off on everything that sells the country down the river in the first place... ******* morons.

brucetiki

I immediately thought of you on reading Joe Hildebrand's article, what he's put so eloquently describes your reaction to the passage of the SSM bill into law IMO.

http://www.news.com.au/lifestyle/ga...lSF&utm_source=News.com.au&utm_medium=Twitter

You weren't the only one.

Outside of online forums, I see this issue at Uni where I work. The number of pro-SSM agitators who are now demanding everyone agree with them is disturbing. And the vitriol spouted against those who disagree with them is pretty sick. It shows that for some of them, they don't just want "equality" and the whole debate wasn't just about "love". And they got what they wanted but still aren't happy.

For many of these agitators (who are about 1/3 of those SSM supporters I've talked with - the others are great), they now want to make people pay for not treating LGBTIQ+ people as equal. I'm all for treating everyone as equal, but you don't get to humiliate people for simply disagreeing with you.

Isn't that what they voted to stop?

And now some of them are already pushing for changes in terminology and language so that others are forced to use the language they'd prefer and see the world as they do.

So they have become the very bigoted, close-minded, intolerant people they claimed were stuck in the Dark Ages.

I find Joe Hildebrand's columns a bit hit and miss, but he was on the money with this point.

it's only inevitable if people continue to sit back and watch it happen.

on one hand I'm glad Turnbull has described the influence as "disturbing" but on the other I have to wonder what these *******s are smoking when they sign off on everything that sells the country down the river in the first place... ******* morons.

Yep. The threshholds for foreign investment in Australia are almost pointless.

At one point, the threshhold for buying rural property without FIRB approval was in the vicinity of $200-$250 million. Which only counts if you'd like to buy, I don't know, Tasmania.

Foreigners now can't buy residential real estate without approval but for some bizarre reason, can buy land with the purpose of building.

We do it because we want to be seen as "fair". Despite many other countries making it almost impossible to buy into their country. Because they want to protect what they've got.

Australia, because we're run by ******* morons, doesn't.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You're probably right about the reasoning... but may (?) be wrong about the mechanism for selecting his replacement.

The reason they've been going back to the "next person on the ticket" is because those people weren't legally elected in the first place. They ineligible to sit as a member of parliament, so their nomination was null & void. As such, they conduct a re-count as if that candidate was not on the ballot paper. This usually results in a person from the same party being elected, because most people vote "above the line", so their votes just flow to the next candidate from the same party.

However slimy, corrupt, and morally bankrupt Dastyari may be, he was legally elected to the Senate. His resignation creates a "casual vacancy". As such, I don't think there's any requirement for a recount. My understanding is that casual vacancies result in a replacement being nominated by the Premier of the state where the vacancy occurs. By convention, the retiring member's party to choose its preferred candidate, and the Premier then nominates this person. In this course, the ALP would nominate KK, and this would be rubber stamped by Mike Baird.

There's a certain irony in the Liberals complaining Xenophon will be responsible for 20 years of Labor.

The only thing responsible for 20 years of Labor is 20 years of s**t Liberal opposition (if you could call it opposition).
It will be hilarious in his first serious attempt, the Xman gets more votes & seats than the Liberals... whilst Marshall, Chapman & Co have effectively been in a slumber for the last decade.

If the Liberals were half decent, they would waltz it in the next state election. They should be looking at themselves not Nick!

It will be hilarious in his first serious attempt, the Xman gets more votes & seats than the Liberals... whilst Marshall, Chapman & Co have effectively been in a slumber for the last decade.

If the Liberals were half decent, they would waltz it in the next state election. They should be looking at themselves not Nick!
If the Libs lose a second unlosable election in a row, then Marshall, Chapman and Lucas all need to go.

If the Libs lose a second unloseable election in a row, the whole Liberal Party needs to go.
Has anyone derailed more election campaigns than Vicki Chapman?

The best leadership Marshall could demonstrate is to send her out of the country during election campaigning.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back