Rumour North Melbourne FC in disarray?

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Even their former captain said on SEN it’ll be years before they’re competitive again
Bullcrap, he said north will always be competitive, but are out of premiership contention for a little while.

Bottom four competitive yeah I agree. Top 8 don’t think so. He also said north need 4-6 players to pushing up the ladder. Presumably he meant a grade
Cute, your words, not mine or Swallow’s.

He said north will need that 4-6 players, either new or recent additions from the last few years, to push for premiership contention.

Cute, your words, not mine or Swallow’s.

He said north will need that 4-6 players, either new or recent additions from the last few years, to push for premiership contention.

Have to admit I did drift in and out when I heard it on the radio. Didn’t even know who they were speaking to until the end.

They will only pay their way when they are relocated to Tassie.

Not enough supporters and the worst list in the comp.

Pay their way? As opposed to who? Essendon?

AFL PAYMENTS TO CLUBS 2016
  • North $15 million
  • Essendon $12 million
Why a club with "not enough supporters" only needs an extra $3m than Essendon says a lot about the dons.

Happy to trade you the $3m in return for Anzac and Dreamtime, otherwise stop your whinging

Pay their way? As opposed to who? Essendon?

AFL PAYMENTS TO CLUBS 2016
  • North $15 million
  • Essendon $12 million
Why a club with "not enough supporters" only needs an extra $3m than Essendon says a lot about the dons.

Happy to trade you the $3m in return for Anzac and Dreamtime, otherwise stop your whinging

$15 million in hand outs?

Jesus Christ what a waste of money

Just fold allready FFS

$15 million in hand outs?

Jesus Christ what a waste of money

Just fold allready FFS

$12.5 million to "powerhouse" Richmond. Yikes :eek:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

They will only pay their way when they are relocated to Tassie.

Not enough supporters and the worst list in the comp.

Shut up drug cheat.

Helped us bribe and pay our way to a flag buddy. Money well spent i'd say. Those umps don't pay for themselves in grand finals and Steve Hocking moving that first final from Geelong doesn't come cheap you know.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

There's a big difference that's goes unnoticed by you and a few others.
It's income vs expenditure.
It's revenue that goes directly to the AFL that is generated from clubs.
You know like tv ratings/viewers which impacts $ for TVs deal. It's bums on seats that the afl get a cut from. It's from licensing merchandise sales and memorabilia.
Some clubs ie Richmond, Collingwood, Essendon, WCE, Adelaide maybe a couple of other clubs are huge earners for the AFL, money they get back is well earned.
Other clubs that don't generate the same just receive charity to keep them afloat.
I admit the context of that is difficult for some to come to grips with, but it's fact. No every club has the same earning capacity for the afl. Hence "equalisation" and "football taxes" and such

LOL, the randy marsh.jpg appears to be banned from this thread.

My mistake, I thought this thread was in the Bay. I now realise it's serious football discourse based on a credible, well researched article by eminent football commentators. And in no way are Richmond supporters jizzing all over themselves in their delight that they have finally gone above us.

Keep up the awesome modding.

LOL, the randy marsh.jpg appears to be banned from this thread.

My mistake, I thought this thread was in the Bay. I now realise it's serious football discourse based on a credible, well researched article by eminent football commentators. And in no way are Richmond supporters jizzing all over themselves in their delight that they have finally gone above us.

Keep up the awesome modding.

It's you guys which are bringing us up. And we have always been above North.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

If things are so rosy off field; why does North Melbourne play home games in Tasmania?

View attachment 445471
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Proposed_relocation_of_the_North_Melbourne_Football_Club

To test the waters, to see whether it's viable to relocate. It's been in the wind for some time now. Their previous chairman jimmy brayshaw gave an undertaking they never play home games or sell them off ever again, but that fell by the wayside. Maybe it's the reason he quit, given the inevitability they may need to relocate. They have the
Tassie academy and women's team based there

Another reason is to see whether they can increase their membership base somehow. Given even in their glory years a couple of decades ago they could hardly attract or expand their membership. Membership obviously is important for $s in the bank and for prospective sponsorships as well.
It depends whether Taswegians actually convert or just buy a membership to be able to get match day benefits. Similar to the Hawks Launceston venture. Which has been successful for them.
Marketability, finances, some academy kids playing for them and if they do the hard yards like the Hawks, it could be good for them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back