Movie Star Wars: The Last Jedi. - THREAD PART 1 - *SPOILERS and RUMORS* - Cont. in Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
He's not pantomime, but Kylo's whole drive in this film is to pull away from the things that are holding him back. He smashes his helmet to let go of Vader. He kills Snoke. The one thing he can't let go of is Luke.

The whole reason Snoke was killed at the midpoint of the trilogy was for maximum impact on Kylo's arc. Kylo turned on his master, the established big bad guy, and killed him, giving the whole trilogy a huge left turn. Kylo was the most interesting character in the movie and killing Snoke was vital to that.

Rey has stopped worrying about her parents. Kylo has stopped serving a master. Both of them are now the masters of their own destiny leading into Ep9.
People didn't spend the last two years speculating about kylos backstory except in the context of Snoke. To say snoke didn't interest people is ridiculous.

You're banking a lot on the next film going back to explain a lot of Snoke related things El_Scorcho, if it doesn't, and there's about as much chance that it won't as much as it will, then where will you stand?
If the Knights of Ren aren't properly introduced and explained in Ep9, I'll be as annoyed as anyone here. We already know they were members of Luke's academy. They aren't just going to be ignored.

Oh you mean the knights of Ren that was built up in TFA and never shown again

Oh how exciting ..hopefully after building them up they develop them more than what they did with Snoke

I’m loving your excuses for their poor writing and s**t character developments

What do you mean never shown again? It was revealed in this movie that they were other members of Luke's academy who left with Kylo when he turned.

They'll be in Ep9. If they aren't you can hand me one of your pitchforks.

What do you mean never shown again? It was revealed in this movie that they were other members of Luke's academy who left with Kylo when he turned.

They'll be in Ep9. If they aren't you can hand me one of your pitchforks.
Yeah but 2 secs of them isn’t really showing them is it? We still don’t know who they are and why they arent with Kylo.

It’s a cluster*...search your feelings you know it to be true

People didn't spend the last two years speculating about kylos backstory except in the context of Snoke. To say snoke didn't interest people is ridiculous.
If he didn't interest people, Kylo killing him wouldn't have had any impact.

He was killed early by a surprise person for maximum impact. Luke killing him in a duel at the end of Ep9 would have been far less interesting even if it would have been more obvious. Now Kylo is a genuinely fascinating character, the star of the series.

If he didn't interest people, Kylo killing him wouldn't have had any impact.

He was killed early by a surprise person for maximum impact. Luke killing him in a duel at the end of Ep9 would have been far less interesting even if it would have been more obvious. Now Kylo is a genuinely fascinating character, the star of the series.
Is he?

Going to be laughable if Kylo surrounds himself with the Knights of Ren, where have they been?

I’m sure all will be explained *roll eyes*
It's a big galaxy. There is more than one thing going on at once.

They'll be in Ep9 and they'll be important. If they aren't I'll be as pissed as any of you.

You, like everyone else who comments in this thread, will be there at midnight or at least in the first week.
Bullshit.

Going to the movies is expensive.

I'm happy with this thread tbh.

Yes, and easily so.
OK, I'm glad I have you to tell me that.

Personally I couldn't care less, he's a less developed character than Anakin. He'll be redeemed and fall in love with Rey.

Meh.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

OK, I'm glad I have you to tell me that.

Personally I couldn't care less, he's a less developed character than Anakin. He'll be redeemed and fall in love with Rey.

Meh.
Imagine if they made the prequels now, with JJ overseeing them and Adam Driver playing Anakin.

Shame.

A whole *ingg book trilogy was written post ROTJ to set up who and where Snoke came from and how he got to power, etc. RJ just pissed that away

During Luke’s version of the night Ben turned, he said that he saw Snoke had already got to him. Something along those lines. I think it’s a very valid question to ask how this happened, and how it was allowed to happen.

How is Ben even in contact with Snoke? He’s meant to be at the Jedi Academy. Were they communicating via the force? Why didn’t Luke sense this? In fact, where was Yoda during this? Or Obi-Wan? Shouldn’t they have been present and guiding Luke and/or the new students?

Furthermore, was Anakin present during this? Is that where Ben’s fixation with him commenced perhaps, were they communicating too? Why did Ben decide to spare some lives and have them become his Knights?

All pretty valid questions IMO that centre on Snoke’s involvement with the likely prospect of these never being answered.

Kylo always was the best new character.

Hope the resistance reach out to Lando in the next one.

I don't want silly nostalgia driven fan fiction scenes but now we can never have a proper reunion of the OT mains. That is a genuine disappointment.

Sent from mTalk

Kylo always was the best new character.

Hope the resistance reach out to Lando in the next one.

I don't want silly nostalgia driven fan fiction scenes but now we can never have a proper reunion of the OT mains. That is a genuine disappointment.

Sent from mTalk

That would be the perfect way to bring Lando in.

Rian Johnson on Rey's parents.

Confirms my assertion that the film’s intention is to challenge the viewer’s EQ. Those who didn’t get what they wanted can choose to spit the dummy or to work out a way to come to terms with the narrative. Pretty obvious who fits into which bucket ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back