A thread on politics- have some balls and post

Remove this Banner Ad

Still way too many votes for a paedophile.

Much as I dislike the Republican mindset, and Roy Moore's persona and actions this is a bridge too far. Peadophililia is sex with pre-pubescent individuals. Whilst I have not seen all the facts, what I have seen is that the girls involved were certainly past that stage. Illegal, immoral and downright creepy it may be, but that is a usage that is not warranted, IMO.

And on the previous discussion af teachers - you know you are truly an adult when you wake up next to a teacher:D.

Agree. He is accused... leaves a bad taste in my mouth when people throw out accusations without solid evidence. What ever happened to 'until proven guilty'? Can destroy innocent lives... but hey that's what the left do I suppose.

Yep, just the left.

LOCK HER UP! LOCK HER UP!

Innocent until proven guilty is a principle for law courts, has never taken hold in the court of public opinion.

You can't character assassinate someone? I thought that falls under some form of slander/defamation laws?

Not if it's true, note how the judge hasn't been threatening to sue anyone? Probably doesn't think he can argue that it is false against the balance of probabilities.

Much as I dislike the Republican mindset, and Roy Moore's persona and actions this is a bridge too far. Peadophililia is sex with pre-pubescent individuals. Whilst I have not seen all the facts, what I have seen is that the girls involved were certainly past that stage. Illegal, immoral and downright creepy it may be, but that is a usage that is not warranted, IMO.

And on the previous discussion af teachers - you know you are truly an adult when you wake up next to a teacher:D.

Ephebophile is the technical term for being drawn to pubescent adolescents, but I think it is petty to quibble over definitions.

lmfao imagine being the person that pops up with "Actually, paedophile is not the right term to use". He was a 32 year old sexually assaulting a 14 year old and teens of other ages. * that hebephile scum.

The reports coming out of Myanmar are chilling.

Kudos to the reporters on the ground there trying to bring this s**t to the world’s attention.

Another Rwanda brewing without a major intervention.
Nothing's gonna happen like always.

Sad sad world we live in

The reports coming out of Myanmar are chilling.

Kudos to the reporters on the ground there trying to bring this s**t to the world’s attention.

Another Rwanda brewing without a major intervention.
Been brewing for years...

Plenty of s**t going on that is hardly reported. Yemen crisis is one of the worst I've seen in my life time yet hardly makes it in any media... probably because the all powerful Saudis have a lot of influence over western countries... As BP stated it's a sad world indeed.

More and more refugee situations after UNHCR and United Nations have instigated their policy of setting up refugee camps and taking refugees away from thier country (rewarding the despots).

Fundamental design fault in system, if you help the despots achieve their aims you encourage other despots to do same. So more and more situations occur.

This is elementry and one has to suspect not by accident as these refugee situations provide unlimited cheap labour to the Western Powers that allow it to continue.

The solution as they would very well know is not setting up refugee camps to relocate but set up Civil Training camps to train the refugee all they need to know to run their country. As while the United Nations are doing that the Western Power Allies release their military to take the country off the despots thus sending the correct message to future despots.

That is if you create refugees you lose everything!

That's the message that must be sent not relocating refugees and encouraging others despots.

More and more refugee situations after UNHCR and United Nations have instigated their policy of setting up refugee camps and taking refugees away from thier country (rewarding the despots).

Fundamental design fault in system, if you help the despots achieve their aims you encourage other despots to do same. So more and more situations occur.

This is elementry and one has to suspect not by accident as these refugee situations provide unlimited cheap labour to the Western Powers that allow it to continue.

The solution as they would very well know is not setting up refugee camps to relocate but set up Civil Training camps to train the refugee all they need to know to run their country. As while the United Nations are doing that the Western Power Allies release their military to take the country off the despots thus sending the correct message to future despots.

That is if you create refugees you lose everything!

That's the message that must be sent not relocating refugees and encouraging others despots.
I agree. It's the left whinges that kick up a stink about anything like this and are the type of people who would open our borders to anyone and anything inviting 100s of millions of immigrants. I'm personally not totally against immigration but they must have at least one skilled professionals in the family... Plenty of studies suggest a lot of middle eastern immigrants are still unemployed and not looking for work after 12 months. We should help our homeless first and foremost instead of adding to the problem because our tax payers money is being diverted into hand outs for financial immigrants. Australia is at breaking point when it comes to welfare and it's crippling our nation...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I agree. It's the left whinges that kick up a stink about anything like this and are the type of people who would open our borders to anyone and anything inviting 100s of millions of immigrants. I'm personally not totally against immigration but they must have at least one skilled professionals in the family... Plenty of studies suggest a lot of middle eastern immigrants are still unemployed and not looking for work after 12 months. We should help our homeless first and foremost instead of adding to the problem because our tax payers money is being diverted into hand outs for financial immigrants. Australia is at breaking point when it comes to welfare and it's crippling our nation...
Which studies? The ones undertaken by facists from The United Patriots Front or the ones authored by One Nation?
If the people who are unemployed are not “looking for work” then they would not be eligible for unemployment benefits. Having studied migration history at University, admittedly in that hotbed of Marxist political correctness, The University of Melbourne, I would make the following points:
- In our school system, the highest achieving students are the children of migrants who arrive from non English speaking backgrounds.
- Migrants assimilate rapidly into our economy and are not over represented in unemployment statistics
- Migrants do not steal jobs, because they are usually active in establishing small business enterprises or working in those parts of the labour market that Australian workers choose not to work in.
- Migrants come to Australia in search of a better life and working hard and being prosperous is important as it vindicates the decision to leave their homeland.
- Australia’s Post WW2 prosperity was built on the back of migration and this continued throughout the 80’s to the present day. My family who are Greek arrived in Australia in 1949 front Egypt. Only my grandfather could speak English. He ended up owning multiple homes and was head chef at the Florentino Restaurant. He had four children and the three boys were tertiary trained professionals. All became Engineers and have had distinguished careers. No family member ever claimed unemployment benefits.
- Migration drives demand side economic growth.

I could go on, but I have to get my son to Milo Cricket.

If I wasn't so despondent at the implications for the rest of us, I'd be chuckling at the anger and dismay of the little alt-Right fanbois and Gamergaters on the web now that the Trump/GOP administration and their stooge appointees are dismantling net neutrality.

Was oh so funny for them seeing minorities stripped of their rights, but now the Dear Leader is coming for their interwebz.

If I wasn't so despondent at the implications for the rest of us, I'd be chuckling at the anger and dismay of the little alt-Right fanbois and Gamergaters on the web now that the Trump/GOP administration and their stooge appointees are dismantling net neutrality.

Was oh so funny for them seeing minorities stripped of their rights, but now the Dear Leader is coming for their interwebz.
Let's hope Trump admin don't go ahead with this. Will have big implications on the US people maybe not initially but over time the ISPs/Governments/anyone with cash will slowly start changing the internet to suit what they want. Will no doubt trickle it's way to Australia i due time.

Which studies? The ones undertaken by facists from The United Patriots Front or the ones authored by One Nation?
If the people who are unemployed are not “looking for work” then they would not be eligible for unemployment benefits. Having studied migration history at University, admittedly in that hotbed of Marxist political correctness, The University of Melbourne, I would make the following points:
- In our school system, the highest achieving students are the children of migrants who arrive from non English speaking backgrounds.
- Migrants assimilate rapidly into our economy and are not over represented in unemployment statistics
- Migrants do not steal jobs, because they are usually active in establishing small business enterprises or working in those parts of the labour market that Australian workers choose not to work in.
- Migrants come to Australia in search of a better life and working hard and being prosperous is important as it vindicates the decision to leave their homeland.
- Australia’s Post WW2 prosperity was built on the back of migration and this continued throughout the 80’s to the present day. My family who are Greek arrived in Australia in 1949 front Egypt. Only my grandfather could speak English. He ended up owning multiple homes and was head chef at the Florentino Restaurant. He had four children and the three boys were tertiary trained professionals. All became Engineers and have had distinguished careers. No family member ever claimed unemployment benefits.
- Migration drives demand side economic growth.

I could go on, but I have to get my son to Milo Cricket.
I agree with you but that seems to be based on pre-1980s immigration. I have nothing but total respect for early immigrants who have helped not only to build this nation but refine our national identity. I'm not a fan of post Howard immigration at all and especially middle easterns who are noted welfare cheats and financial migrants. Also they don't as a whole assimilate into their adopted community... odd how they also don't assimilate into Europe as well funny that.

Congratulations Mohamud Mohamud from Collingwood College on his VCE result. After he completes his Tertiary studies I imagine he will have a successful career in his chosen field. I also notice that once again, the children of migrants from non English speaking backgrounds have out performed other demographics.

http://www.theage.com.au/national/s...-victorias-perfect-atars-20171215-h05koz.html

Collingwood College classmates Mohamud Mohamud and Georgia Brooks juggled part-time jobs with school so that they could support their families.

Mohamud doesn’t sound the least bit ‘work shy.’

We already don't have net neutrality in Australia. It's why some providers offer unmetered content as a value add. Providers can throttle certain content if they see fit.

http://www.theage.com.au/national/s...bers-bittersweet-success-20171219-h07bl0.html

More evidence that migrants do not need English or families with “professional” backgrounds to be successful and achieve integration and upward social and economic mobility. Congratulations Amber.
giphy.gif

I never said I had any problems with any 'race' except for middle easterns who are financial immigrants... that they don't integrate + they are far and away as a whole the worst serial centrelink bludgers per population %. I read somewhere that a large % of Iraqi immigrants are on carers payments. Seems legit?

Edit:
http://www.theaustralian.com.au/nat...s/news-story/81257effae73e55cc5e5c9f231711a1e

Middle Easterns are severely over represented in receiving tax payer payments.

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/new...s/news-story/ac3ef9f147ebdd1f4907d5d1173f519d

Also the federal government is starting to crack down on it as well and about time as well.

The Australian! You may as well quote Fox News. What do the ABS have to say?

I love this site, particularly when it comes to myth-busting.

https://www.refugeecouncil.org.au/get-facts/

Also it's been all over the news with regards to a change of the migrant centrelink payment... not some media beat up at all.

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/nat...e/news-story/03c2aa163a6177ced6dba4ed8d59cb0a

It's not some made up figures but these things have been discussed during federal parliament time so I highly doubt they would be quoting fantasy numbers.
I find it revolting that African and Middle Eastern make up 50,000 non-citizen centrelink payments TBH even though they make up a fraction of the % of population of their British counterparts.

Can you find any stats at all that can back up your counterargument to mine? I'd really hope what I'm seeing isn't true but I would love to be convinced otherwise.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back