Discussion Random Chat Megathread Mk II

Remove this Banner Ad

I know it's your portfolio, but I'm curious as to why you have included Tasmania in the NEAFL. Tassie isn't really located near either of the NE states. I would put Tassie with Vic personally.
Figured Tassie deserves some representation in the state leagues and decided to leave the VFL as all vic sides. Plus the Allies SoO team is drawn from players that come from QLD, NSW, ACT, NT and Tassie - may as well give them some representation in the league giving the Allies the bulk of their players

Figured Tassie deserves some representation in the state leagues and decided to leave the VFL as all vic sides. Plus the Allies SoO team is drawn from players that come from QLD, NSW, ACT, NT and Tassie - may as well give them some representation in the league giving the Allies the bulk of their players
Fair enough. I must say though, NEATFL is a pretty neat name

Hi fam.

Has anyone sourced kit for their local clubs (preferably cricket)?

Looking for recommendations re. which companies are reliable yet not too pricey. I've been told not to go with TNF and Icon by a mate in the industry.
The company I went with this year have been good, but we got what we paid for.

I want to avoid going with random templated designs so we can keep our existing kits, but from what I've seen, quality with sublimated products can be very low at entry level.

Also, has anyone ever come across a decent classic FCC monogram I could steal from somewhere?
Or anyone have any desire to do some pro-bono design work?

Hi fam.

Has anyone sourced kit for their local clubs (preferably cricket)?

Looking for recommendations re. which companies are reliable yet not too pricey. I've been told not to go with TNF and Icon by a mate in the industry.
The company I went with this year have been good, but we got what we paid for.

I want to avoid going with random templated designs so we can keep our existing kits, but from what I've seen, quality with sublimated products can be very low at entry level.

Also, has anyone ever come across a decent classic FCC monogram I could steal from somewhere?
Or anyone have any desire to do some pro-bono design work?
hi

Should Cummins be promoted above Starc in the batting lineup? Recent results suggest yes, although in his favour Starc has a proven record at international level.
It's interesting, depends on the situation in the test match I guess.

Starc is a good aggressive batsman, but after the loss of a few quick wickets and not a lot of runs on the board, I'd throw Cummins in before Starc. If in need of quick runs before a declaration would put Starc in.

In saying that, for batting down the bottom of the order, they both can hold up the tail and do a terrific job of it.

I enjoyed TLJ, but there were a few moments that were odd. Better than The Force Awakens imo.
Odd moments is one way to put it. So many s**t jokes in there and a few moments that didn't make any sense at all and were not explained. Would go into depth but I am very cautious of spoiling it. Thought that most of the actors put in really good performances, but the script was so poor that I couldn't put it above TFA.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Last Jedi was a slow starter for me but an incredible Star Wars film.
I do think that the back half of the movie is great but I thought there were so many problems in the first half which resulted in it being a bit of a meh overall for me.

Budget would be about $1,500 and any platform. So yes open to Android ideas :)
I think the best phone currently on the market is the Samsung Galaxy Note 8. Being an Android fan, I always lean towards Android phones. The Google Pixel 2 XL is also pretty neat. The best phones tend to be the larger phones nowadays so if you want something smaller, an average size phone, you would probably want an iPhone X (or a 8 if you don't like the X) or a Galaxy S8.

All phones are fragile these days. I always get a screen protector and a strong case. I don't want to fork out $300+ to get my phone repaired.
This one is glass on the back as well

My issue was I got it when it was so new they didn't have any cases to sell... and it needs replacing :(

Really random thought I had considering TLJ being out last week: the Ochre is basically the football jumper equivalent of the Star Wars Prequels.

Both came out at the turn of the century

Both were at the time criticised by fans

Finding defenders of them is pretty rare (Freight Train liked the Ochre before it was cool, and while there were obviously many out there, very few people would publicly admit they liked the prequels)

Both have had a turnaround in public opinion recently (more people here like the Ochre, and now more people will state that they liked the prequels)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back