You spin me right round Usman

Remove this Banner Ad

Marsh at 3, Smith at 4, Maxwell at 5. Need the extra spinner at Sydney.

On iPad using BigFooty.com mobile app
Yeah was thinking Shaun Marsh is probably the best option to slip into 3. Maligned as he is, he's certainly a better batsman than Chuckwaja

Has to go - numbet 3 should be contributing. Yes he scores plenty of runs at Shield level but doesnt do enough for Australia

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He’s a nice looking batsman but technically flawed. Plays with a very straight front leg (and minimal foot movement full stop) with hands way out in front and head not over the ball which is why I think he’s susceptible to nicking off regularly.

His average flatters him and I think his time has now come and gone.

Reckon Maxwell has earnt the right to a crack at the number 3 spot.

Some pretty average suggestions for #3, surely best is to move Smith to 3, Shaun Marsh to 4.

I'd give Ussie a crack at 5, but he's running out of credits quickly
This x1000

Smith to 3, can adapt to anything atm and will provide that solid foundation for the other batsman to score freely behind.

Maxwell, Marsh in any order at 4/5

Joe Burns at 3?
Callum Ferguson bats 3 for South Australia?

Not sure you move the biggest jewel in the crown (Smith) for the sake of moving him. You give someone else that responsibility if you play them.

I would be giving one of the aforementioned two an opportunity at #3 in Sydney. Probably Ferguson, seems to play spin better than Burns.

I'd pluck Renshaw out from Brisbane grade cricket to bat 3 in Sydney. No idea why he was dropped in the first place.

I think Khawaja's test future is in the balance with what happens today, if Australia lose he will be back playing state cricket.

If you are taking him to South Africa, he plays in Sydney. If not he makes away for someone else.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back