You spin me right round Usman

Remove this Banner Ad

Fair enough. Hopefully the kid turns it around. Enjoyed his first stint plus a reliable slips fielder is a handy thing to have in a team
Agreed mate, I’m a big fan of his, hoping this spell on the sidelines works to improve his game as it has done for so many others before they cemented their spots permanently, like Hayden.

Has there been any talk on when the squad will be announced? Hopefully after the next round of shield matches which finish on February 11. First tour match is February 22. One last audition as there are still numerous batting spots up for grabs. Would have been nice for two or three but just too hard with the big bash and also this is the latest a test series has been played in a South African summer since 2006 which I'm sure took some convincing from CA.

Players likely to jet off during the second round of matches played Feb 16 to 19.

Usi needs a spell. The commentators summed it up last test. He is not forcing the play, he is letting it happen. 3 or so years ago he was the best. If he did not play for NSW or WA he would be out by now.

Usi needs a spell. The commentators summed it up last test. He is not forcing the play, he is letting it happen. 3 or so years ago he was the best. If he did not play for NSW or WA he would be out by now.
He plays for Queensland

I would think 10 years would be about right.........HE IS CERTAINLY NOT BAGGY GREEN MATERIAL....never was---never will be.

Well I do think he has been a bit overrated and wouldn't be unhappy if he was to be dropped after his current struggles should it continue in Sydney, but this is just ridiculous hyperbole. As likely to make runs as any of our fringe batting options, but a change is starting to look as though it could be the best thing for the side and allow him to reset again.

Isn’t in great form, but doesn’t seem to work hard enough and has seemed to try and get by on natural talent too much.

Compare him to Smith, Smith has worked his backside off while Usman has just cruised

Got any evidence for this at all?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Got any evidence for this at all?

My guess is that people just assume it because:
a) he's not in or ever really has appeared to been in peak physical condition
b) has that laconic nature about his movements that people don't like and are quick to point out when things aren't going well (think Justin Westhoff).

I don't get the Marsh to 3 calls at all. I have said this on a few threads but he is pretty average at 3 and 4 and he finally looks settled down the order. Last thing we want to do is move him up the order and un do all the good work he has done recently. The Shaun Marsh thread will once again turn to people slagging him off, just like people slagging Uzzi atm.

Looked uncomfortable early but he hung in there and started looking more fluent.

Here's hoping for a ton tomorrow. :thumbsu:

Could him opening with Warner be an option if they drop Bancroft? I'm willing to give Bancroft another series (not a fan of discarding promising young players when the cupboard is bare) but if not...

It'll be great to see. Some shots he makes he looks timeless, other times he looks like a walking wicket. No where near as bad as Bancroft whose had a bit of a shocker series, especially that last dismissal.

Sometimes it looks like balance is an issue, other times its footwork, but then he rocks back and spanks it, or crushes it for a 6 and you're left wondering "where was that for his innings?"

If you have any sort of weakness anderson and broad will work it out and hammer it. His head gets outside the line of the ball making him a big lbw or bowled candidate early on. Bancroft will go away and work at it and come back a better test player hopefully

If you have any sort of weakness anderson and broad will work it out and hammer it. His head gets outside the line of the ball making him a big lbw or bowled candidate early on. Bancroft will go away and work at it and come back a better test player hopefully
Both batsman have massive issues with their technique. Khawaja allows himself to get pinned down on the crease, while Bancroft has holes in his game you could drive a bus through.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back