Training 2018 - Preseason training

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Been there one time for a few beers to kickstart a Tinder date. I don't really get why so much interest. The beer garden (at least I think it was a beer garden, didn't hang out there) looked ok, but the front bar area was pretty cramped despite being mostly empty.

On [device_name] using BigFooty.com mobile app
the atrium beer garden is where we are talking about to watch a game. Like I said, comfortable, lots of high quality screens and great food.

Been there one time for a few beers to kickstart a Tinder date. I don't really get why so much interest. The beer garden (at least I think it was a beer garden, didn't hang out there) looked ok, but the front bar area was pretty cramped despite being mostly empty.

Probably stating the obvious but the beer garden simply used to be the drive thru,same as at the local,great transformation at both venues.
As e shed said is a good venue to watch games,always a heap of local freo supporters there when the lads are playing

I got s**t beat outa me there in 1971.

More importantly, how did the date go?

Nice girl, but alas, still searching for MRSIAJM

Q_Q

Perhaps I'll find her at the Clink...

Not that I’m implying you’re that way inclined, but I saw Ross Glendinning there a few years back at like three in the morning.

At the time I remember thinking to myself, what the * am I doing in this shithole?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ahh the clink...that brings back memories. I got dragged to the new clink a year or so back after a work do. The owners Mrs cracked onto me as payback at him for his tuning a young crumpet on the other side of the bar. Next minute im surrounded by his cronies wanting to mash me for my disrispektin...haha

What a total sh!thole joint that is. The old clink was mintox.

Clearly you never drank at the Railway Hotel in North Freo during the early 90's

Warfies, bikies, skimpies and cheap beer do mot a pleasant Friday evening make.

Have to admit I've never stepped foot inside that particular establishment. But Tarantella's in the late 80's after all the other pubs had shut down. Ugh - you'd walk into a haze of smoke, with your feet sticking to the floor, and semi-naked dancers gyrating in cages suspended 10' off the floor... that was shitness of its own special kind.

It's now the building of the German Consulate. hehe...

Have to admit I've never stepped foot inside that particular establishment. But Tarantella's in the late 80's after all the other pubs had shut down. Ugh - you'd walk into a haze of smoke, with your feet sticking to the floor, and semi-naked dancers gyrating in cages suspended 10' off the floor... that was shitness of its own special kind.

It's now the building of the German Consulate. hehe...

His Lordship's Larder, basically across the road from tarantella, was worse IMO. But each was a special dive in it's own way. Those were the days...

SBH will always be the Davilak.
The Local will always be The Seaview.
And the biggest shithole that's ever been in Freo will always be Tarantella's.

And no one will ever tell me otherwise.

Cleopatra's Hotel in High Street (Pre-Americas Cup refurb), especially on a Wednesday night and Sinbad's in High St East (Which later became The Bog) would go close to rivaling Tarantellas. The Flying Angel Club was also a dump and probably still is.

Our mate Gil stayed at Tarrantellas when he was over from the US almost 2 years ago as it is now a cheap short-stay hotel. I cringed when I had to drop him off there one day.

His Lordship's Larder, basically across the road from tarantella, was worse IMO. But each was a special dive in it's own way. Those were the days...
They tidied up His Lordship's for the America's Cup - used to have some good live music.

Cleopatra's Hotel in High Street (Pre-Americas Cup refurb), especially on a Wednesday night and Sinbad's in High St East (Which later became The Bog) would go close to rivaling Tarantellas. The Flying Angel Club was also a dump and probably still is.

Our mate Gil stayed at Tarrantellas when he was over from the US almost 2 years ago as it is now a cheap short-stay hotel. I cringed when I had to drop him off there one day.

I remember Cleo's (and it's rep) but never went there; and only vaguely remember Sinbad's. I was only 17 during that 1985/86 World Sailing Champs (the year before the America's Cup) - back in the day when no one checked IDs, and there were always too many people packed into most of those places for anyone to care. The Newport, Sail and Norfolk were my regular hangouts, with The Orient chucked in occasionally. That had been the part-time, unofficial gay pub prior to the Cup.
Those two summers - and the never-ending party that was happening in Freo - those were my 'coming of age' I reckon.
And you're right Tarantella's is a hostel now - German Consulate is somewhere else around there. Leased from Notre Dame Uni no doubt.

Back on topic, perhaps?

Actually, kind of on topic... my daughter saw half the squad at The Pineapple Club just before Christmas, so they're putting in some time at some fine establishments during pre-season too.

Clearly you never drank at the Railway Hotel in North Freo during the early 90's

Warfies, bikies, skimpies and cheap beer do mot a pleasant Friday evening make.
It is still exactly like this. Great place to get a haircut on a Friday afternoon though.

They tidied up His Lordship's for the America's Cup - used to have some good live music.

I remember Cleo's (and it's rep) but never went there; and only vaguely remember Sinbad's. I was only 17 during that 1985/86 World Sailing Champs (the year before the America's Cup) - back in the day when no one checked IDs, and there were always too many people packed into most of those places for anyone to care. The Newport, Sail and Norfolk were my regular hangouts, with The Orient chucked in occasionally. That had been the part-time, unofficial gay pub prior to the Cup.
Those two summers - and the never-ending party that was happening in Freo - those were my 'coming of age' I reckon.
And you're right Tarantella's is a hostel now - German Consulate is somewhere else around there. Leased from Notre Dame Uni no doubt.

Back on topic, perhaps?

Actually, kind of on topic... my daughter saw half the squad at The Pineapple Club just before Christmas, so they're putting in some time at some fine establishments during pre-season too.

So which of these pubs will you be celebrating the 50th at?

Ahh the clink...that brings back memories. I got dragged to the new clink a year or so back after a work do. The owners Mrs cracked onto me as payback at him for his tuning a young crumpet on the other side of the bar. Next minute im surrounded by his cronies wanting to mash me for my disrispektin...haha

What a total sh!thole joint that is. The old clink was mintox.

There are only two establishments in which a woman has, without prior warning, swung from above and behind me, landing sitting on my shoulders and sending me crashing to the floor. One of those places was the Clink, the other was in Lan Kwai Fong. Kind of makes them sister cities in my mind.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back