Competitions SBFFL (The St Kilda Board Fantasy Football Leage) - Official Discussion Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Phoenix_9

Norm Smith Medallist
Feb 12, 2010
Adelaide
AFL Club
St Kilda
6/6! Sweet!

saintbatty Armoooo any chance of a change of circumstances?

Also, does anyone have any family members or friends that would consider taking on one of the four teams? (before we go public) I'm going to put the feelers out to see if I can find anyone.

Jonzi

All Australian
Mar 8, 2015
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Great concept lads...keen as! Like the look of team 2 and 1 if they are still available...cheers!

St Kilda Death

Premiership Player
Sep 18, 2013
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
NOLA
As posted over on the SuperCoach board, which squads of the four listed are still available to......outsiders :)
Great concept lads...keen as! Like the look of team 2 and 1 if they are still available...cheers!
All 4 still available as far as I know.
Bit messy here at the moment as we are still without a chosen commissioner ATM.
But as far as I know, first in best dressed. So take your pick lads.

majortinkle

Premiership Player
Jul 21, 2015
AFL Club
St Kilda
All 4 still available as far as I know.
Bit messy here at the moment as we are still without a chosen commissioner ATM.
But as far as I know, first in best dressed. So take your pick lads.
I was thinking of two options.

If we get 4 sign-ups they draft squads from available players (TJ's team was considerably weaker than the other 3 is all)

If we get less than 4 sign-ups (the current 2 really as 3 would be a nightmare fixture-wise) they choose current teams and we put the other two team lists as available in the pre season draft flagging beforehand so teams have the ability to create space to take advantage of it.

Thanks for sticking your hand up for commish - that would be great - I'm sure the rest of the guys would be happy with that.

St Kilda Death

Premiership Player
Sep 18, 2013
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
NOLA
I was thinking of two options.

If we get 4 sign-ups they draft squads from available players (TJ's team was considerably weaker than the other 3 is all)

If we get less than 4 sign-ups (the current 2 really as 3 would be a nightmare fixture-wise) they choose current teams and we put the other two team lists as available in the pre season draft flagging beforehand so teams have the ability to create space to take advantage of it.

Thanks for sticking your hand up for commish - that would be great - I'm sure the rest of the guys would be happy with that.
Like option 2.
Agree odd numbers suck.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Phoenix_9

Norm Smith Medallist
Feb 12, 2010
Adelaide
AFL Club
St Kilda
If we do agree on the reverse snake of the final ladder for a draft of the other two disbanded teams. Should we do this before or after the national draft, where we have to take 3 players (one can be a rookie elevation)?

majortinkle

Premiership Player
Jul 21, 2015
AFL Club
St Kilda
I vote free agent draft before national draft so it forces us to take kids. But in all honesty, I don’t mind.
Yep I think that would be best. Still hoping for two more managers to be honest so it isn’t an issue. 8 teams isn’t really enough to be honest.

We’ve got 6 weeks i reckon to find another two - I have faith.

Phoenix_9

Norm Smith Medallist
Feb 12, 2010
Adelaide
AFL Club
St Kilda
Yep I think that would be best. Still hoping for two more managers to be honest so it isn’t an issue. 8 teams isn’t really enough to be honest.

We’ve got 6 weeks i reckon to find another two - I have faith.
Agreed, expanding would be near on impossible, so maintaining 10 teams would be for the best.

majortinkle PetWussy Phoenix_9 St Kilda Death Left_Billings

Hey Guys. Just looking at the Supercoach (yes it's open for 2018 business) keeper league structure and there is an option for:
  • 8 teams
  • 22 man squad size
  • 5-7-1-5/4 team structure
  • Round 3 start (2 preseason games!)
  • Play every opponent twice, skip byes, Finals Round 20
Now I have been all over the internet looking for a platform that allows a 44 man squad and also uses Supercoach scoring and there is literally nothing available. I have had a look at various chat forums to see what other keeper leagues are doing and unsurprisingly they manage by using Ultimate Footy as the go to squad management platform, and Supercoach the go to scoring system. I am again proposing that we have a two tiered setup. Either:
  1. Footywire for your squad / Supercoach for your game day team, match scheduling, with all trading and waivers done through the BF forum
  2. Ultimate Footy for your squad, trading, waivers / Supercoach for your game day team, match scheduling.
I vote for option 2 above only because I think it is the easiest to manage online, but I am happy to be guided by the group.

Can we make a quick decision on what way we want to go and I can start setting up he premium accounts for it. I have already setup a private Supercoach Keeper League. The League code is 967583 if you are keen to join and have a look around. If we decide to use the Supercoach platform this year for gameday then we would need to undertake a draft that resembles our best 22's.

Also, I think that all teams should be REQUIRED to make 7 delistings. I think 3-4 of those will be easy to find and 2-3 you will have to agonise over. But agonising is healthy for the competition I think.

Anyway guys. If it's going to endure it needs to start asap, so please put in your two cents!

Phoenix_9

Norm Smith Medallist
Feb 12, 2010
Adelaide
AFL Club
St Kilda
Option 2 does seem pretty damn good. Can you do an offline draft whereby someone could just assign players to certain teams on SC draft?

Ultimate Footy for complete management of teams and including waivers and trades would make it so much easier.

Obviously actual drafting needs to take place through bigfooty.

I still enjoy the old school footywire for SC scores and actually post your team and update your score on BF. (Take it in turns of manually entering these into UF and everything could through there).

I feel like there’s be a lot less communication through BF if we go completely autonomous.

Option 3: UF for everything(waivers, trades, squad, fixtures, ladder), except post teams before the bounce on BF (either through screenshot of UF or oldschool typing) and manually post scores (which get entered on UF).

Option 4: UF for everything, except manually post SC scores after match on BF (which get entered on UF).

I’m up for Option 3.

If we dissolve 2 teams, than it should be up to the disgression of us how many we want to delist as long as we meet the draft requirements (for both the preseason first and then national and rookie drafts).

We really do need to get cracking, so please voice opinions and then we’ll vote.

St Kilda Death

Premiership Player
Sep 18, 2013
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
NOLA
Option 5.
Use UF and UF scoring.
Banter on BF.

I'm up for redrafting the 2 coachless teams. Don't think we will find any takers at this point.

Apr 1, 2009
NYC
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
New York Jets
Hey guys - there is a other option you can consider as well. The reason I put my hand up for this, over on tooserious (under TS Leagues) we have been running keeper leagues for about 5-6 years now. We have a whole platform set up with Walesy (the owner) on the site that lets us have our rosters, schedule games, alter rules, keeps a ladder - is automated with SC scores etc. There are 5 keeper leagues in all I think. Just an idea for you all to have a look at....

Phoenix_9

Norm Smith Medallist
Feb 12, 2010
Adelaide
AFL Club
St Kilda
Hey guys - there is a other option you can consider as well. The reason I put my hand up for this, over on tooserious (under TS Leagues) we have been running keeper leagues for about 5-6 years now. We have a whole platform set up with Walesy (the owner) on the site that lets us have our rosters, schedule games, alter rules, keeps a ladder - is automated with SC scores etc. There are 5 keeper leagues in all I think. Just an idea for you all to have a look at....
Sounds ideal, but costs involved?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back