List Mgmt. Best 22 - 2018

Remove this Banner Ad

Mate.

There’s an open session on Thurs 25th, but I’ll DM you with some other “options” to catch up.

Haere Ra
Sounds good man.. I know some good public toilets!

Seriously, looking forward to it

With ben can’t get a kick Griffiths announcing his retirement we are looking real skinny on experienced talls

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Experienced talls not needed!!

The 3 new kids can be thrown in for games, with Garthwaite also 1st up. From my limited knowledge on them, he and Balta could be forward or back if we lose a key position. Miller/CCJ for a forward.

3-5 games each off the bench.

But for experienced..ruck / forward (???)..surely Hampson is injury free as a stop gap. Prefer to see the kids rotated in though.

Richmond is Doomed we have no tall depth and have to rely now on 3rd talls , Terrible list managment how they couldnt have known that ben would give the game away is total neglect of their duties - Sack them all we are now 12 tall players short of the required level

Experienced talls not needed!!

The 3 new kids can be thrown in for games, with Garthwaite also 1st up. From my limited knowledge on them, he and Balta could be forward or back if we lose a key position. Miller/CCJ for a forward.

3-5 games each off the bench.

But for experienced..ruck / forward (???)..surely Hampson is injury free as a stop gap. Prefer to see the kids rotated in though.

Name some inexperienced talls who make an impact at senior level, not many, paddy Mcartin and Tom Boyd have done * all as top end KPP, apart from Boyd’s gf game

With ben can’t get a kick Griffiths announcing his retirement we are looking real skinny on experienced talls

I didn't expect him to play more than a support role anyhow. 3 ~5 games. So no loss for moi. I felt Moore, playing that highly mobile fwd role in the VFL, was being groomed for the seniors. That with lots of training with JR, might see him slot into our fwd line as injury back up for Caddy, Townsend, or JR.

I didn't expect him to play more than a support role anyhow. 3 ~5 games. So no loss for moi. I felt Moore, playing that highly mobile fwd role in the VFL, was being groomed for the seniors. That with lots of training with JR, might see him slot into our fwd line as injury back up for Caddy, Townsend, or JR.

He’s a great athlete but lacks polish with his disposal, kicking technique is a major deficiency for him

Name some inexperienced talls who make an impact at senior level, not many, paddy Mcartin and Tom Boyd have done **** all as top end KPP, apart from Boyd’s gf game

OK...

Joe Daniher
Brodie Grundy
Jake Lever
Eric Hipworth
Harrison Himmelberg

All did quite well and I think our guys' impact could be close to what some of these guys did. Remember they are only coming in IF needed. They are not in the team unless we cop injuries.

BTW...
I rate Balta.

OK...

Joe Daniher
Brodie Grundy
Jake Lever
Eric Hipworth
Harrison Himmelberg

All did quite well and I think our guys' impact could be close to what some of these guys did. Remember they are only coming in IF needed. They are not in the team unless we cop injuries.

BTW...
I rate Balta.

Brodie and joe aren’t inexperienced, the others I’ll give ya. Hard to say how much our game plan will be tinkered with, all I see our team missing at the moment is a bloke big enough to take contested grabs consistently around the ground who isn’t jack.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

OK...

Joe Daniher
Brodie Grundy
Jake Lever
Eric Hipworth
Harrison Himmelberg

BTW...
I rate Balta.
I’d add Weitering and that young tall fwd from Carlton

Based on what I saw in the finals the ones are greatest risk of being out of our best 22 are:
Townsend - was reasonable but will be interesting to see if he can have a good year in 2018. Looked ordinary at ground level (which is odd given he was meant to be a midfielder initially), is a bit slow and not a great overhead mark).
Yeah he was slowish...that's only because he was looking/sizing up the oppo for the big hits...then he was fast!

Best team:
FB: Vlaustin, Rance, Grimes
HB: Houli, Astbury, B. Ellis
C: Edwards, Martin, Grigg
HF: Caddy, Townsend, Butler
FF: Rioli, JR, George
Rucks: Nank, Cotch, Prestia
Int: Moore, Jack Graham, Lambert, McIntosh.

Moore in for Broad. We need to develop another forward/ruck. This guy gets an opportunity as Biggie just retired.

B: Grimes, Astbury, Vlastuin
HB: Houli, Rance, B.Ellis
C: Lambert, Cotchin, Edwards
HF: Caddy, Townsend, Rioli
F: Butler, Reiwoldt, Castagna
R: Nankervis, Martin, Prestia
I: Grigg, Graham, McIntosh, Higgins

B: Broad, Garthwaite, Drummond
HB: Markov, Chol, Short
C: Menadue, Miles, C.Ellis
HF: Bolton, Balta, Naish
F: Stengle, Coleman-Jones, Moore
R: Hampson, Conca, Lloyd
I: Miller, Soldo, Baker

Perhaps a little optimistic having Higgins walking straight into a premiership team, especially with some of the talent that's there in the seconds, but I absolutely loved him at u18's level and he's easily our most ready made draftee for some years. There's comfortably 12 blokes in that seconds team who would realistically be aiming to cement a spot in our best 22, which is great for us in theory if they keep on improving.

Menadue, Miles, C.Ellis
Hampson, Conca, Lloyd

Goes alright for a VFL midfield :eek:

Perhaps a little optimistic having Higgins walking straight into a premiership team, especially with some of the talent that's there in the seconds, but I absolutely loved him at u18's level and he's easily our most ready made draftee for some years. There's comfortably 12 blokes in that seconds team who would realistically be aiming to cement a spot in our best 22, which is great for us in theory if they keep on improving.

Menadue, Miles, C.Ellis
Hampson, Conca, Lloyd

Yes! 100% agree with those teams. Well done Sir!!

For R1 even would be great (Rioli the unlikely one :( )

Menadue, Miles, C.Ellis
Hampson, Conca, Lloyd

VFL team's excess height is a worry for me. On one hand the VFL team was good enough to make it to the grand final last year.But I only saw one game last year - a top heavy team RFC team which lost to a fast running Port team. I like your AFL team with 5 talls. But that leaves, 9 talls in the VFL team. Too top heavy for the development of these young players. If the VFL bench is Miller, Soldo, that only leaves 1 sub for the 12 smalls in the team. Upside of that is the fitness of the smalls will improve.

Last edited:
VFL team's excess height is a worry for me. On one hand the VFL team was good enough to make it to the grand final last year.But I only saw one game last year - a top heavy team RFC team which lost to a fast running Port team. I like your AFL team with 5 talls. But that leaves, 9 talls in the VFL team. Too top heavy for the development of these young players. If the VFL bench is Miller, Soldo, that only leaves 1 sub for the 12 smalls in the team. Upside of that is the fitness of the smalls will improve.

If you take a few talls out of the VFL team, where do they play come the weekend?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back