Vic Melbourne's Sudanese gangs

Remove this Banner Ad

I don't wish to appear insensitive or pushy, but could you possibly give us some details or insight into how this event played out and effected you?

I think it would be valuable to the discussion to remove the broader politics, and get a better understanding of the victims
experience.

I'm not big on personal anecdotes on SRP - it's too easy to make s**t up. But FWIW this has been my experience, and I'm told by the different professionals I have spoken to that the impact on me is fairly typical.

I was awoken by a noise at 4am then heard male voices in my house. I shouted out from my bedroom and fortunately they left immediately. They damaged two doors to get in, broke two shed doors and damaged my car trying to hotwire it. After failing to start the car they broke into the house and took my car key. Since then I have been in fear that the burglars might return, or they have passed on the key and my address to other crims.

• My sleep patterns have been extremely disrupted. I lie awake and am startled by any noise. I have had nightmares of having my home intruded again. I have awoken in fright convinced that someone was trying to open my front door. I wake up every night and often stay awake for hours, particularly at 4am - the time when I first heard the burglars in my house.
• I sleep with a pool cue and golf club beside my bed. If I hear a noise I get dressed and feel compelled to check every window and door, and all the bedrooms including the cupboards.
• I have been anxious about having my children stay over. I have ordered us each a personal panic alarm.
• I have been to see a counsellor. She said I am suffering from ‘hyper-vigilance’.
• I have barricaded my garage by placing an old fridge behind the door where the thieves broke in.
• In the days after the home invasion I left my external lights on all night. Since then I have bought additional sensor lights and installed them.
• I have paid $2,500 for a security alarm system for the house.

This was after an incident where the intruders fled immediately. I can only imagine the impact on a 59-year-old woman who was attacked and held hostage in her home by a dozen youths while they ransacked the property.

http://www.theage.com.au/victoria/s...onnection-to-her-husband-20180105-h0e6w9.html

Trump makes a compelling point with his comment about s**t-hole countries. The Sudanese crime wave a case in point. Why indeed?

Given that the Yanks reside at the heart of all the troubles in the Sudan & it's resulting refugee crisis.....Then Trump really should take credit for it, I suppose.....Although the Yanks seem to covet all the oil in these countries that they have no conscience about turning into 's**t-holes', in the first place.

Given that the Yanks reside at the heart of all the troubles in the Sudan & it's resulting refugee crisis.....Then Trump really should take credit for it, I suppose.....Although the Yanks seem to covet all the oil in these countries that they have no conscience about turning into 's**t-holes', in the first place.

I dunno enough of US involvement in Sudan to comment about that. Irrespective it doesn't change that its a lawless shithole nor does it make us obligated to bring the violence here.

I'm not big on personal anecdotes on SRP - it's too easy to make s**t up. But FWIW this has been my experience, and I'm told by the different professionals I have spoken to that the impact on me is fairly typical.

I was awoken by a noise at 4am then heard male voices in my house. I shouted out from my bedroom and fortunately they left immediately. They damaged two doors to get in, broke two shed doors and damaged my car trying to hotwire it. After failing to start the car they broke into the house and took my car key. Since then I have been in fear that the burglars might return, or they have passed on the key and my address to other crims.

• My sleep patterns have been extremely disrupted. I lie awake and am startled by any noise. I have had nightmares of having my home intruded again. I have awoken in fright convinced that someone was trying to open my front door. I wake up every night and often stay awake for hours, particularly at 4am - the time when I first heard the burglars in my house.
• I sleep with a pool cue and golf club beside my bed. If I hear a noise I get dressed and feel compelled to check every window and door, and all the bedrooms including the cupboards.
• I have been anxious about having my children stay over. I have ordered us each a personal panic alarm.
• I have been to see a counsellor. She said I am suffering from ‘hyper-vigilance’.
• I have barricaded my garage by placing an old fridge behind the door where the thieves broke in.
• In the days after the home invasion I left my external lights on all night. Since then I have bought additional sensor lights and installed them.
• I have paid $2,500 for a security alarm system for the house.

This was after an incident where the intruders fled immediately. I can only imagine the impact on a 59-year-old woman who was attacked and held hostage in her home by a dozen youths while they ransacked the property.

http://www.theage.com.au/victoria/s...onnection-to-her-husband-20180105-h0e6w9.html

Similiar here, it takes a long time in my experience after a shock like that in your own home to feel safe again. Incidents at my house were years ago but when I'm alone, regardless of where I still sleep fully clothed. Maybe more a habit now.

Thanks potato head.

Senior politicians' claims of an African gang crisis have lent legitimacy to far-right groups who are now planning vigilante action, experts say.

The True Blue Crew claim they plan to attend crimes in progress and make citizens' arrests, while the Soldiers of Odin say they are running "safety patrols" in the CBD

http://bit.ly/2EJwBTF

This story is very concerning. A magistrate frees a youth who nearly killed someone while he was on bail for previous violent offences. The victim's life has been destroyed.

A HULKING teen thug who bashed a man to within an inch of his life while on bail over another vicious street assault has been freed again.

The 16-year-old boy had been released on a deferred sentence over a Melbourne CBD attack when he bashed Peter Dobson in St Albans in November.

When the teen appeared before the same Children’s Court magistrate who had cut him loose, she condemned his actions: “I am horrified at the offending I’ve heard,” the magistrate said.

But despite her concerns his behaviour had “spiralled out of control” and pleas from his victims to keep him locked up, the magistrate released him on another deferral of sentence.

The court heard the churchgoing teen had committed four brutal attacks on random victims over six months.

On March 25, he was in a gang of youths who ambushed a man in the CBD.

Claiming to be in the “Crew 62” youth gang who wear red bandannas, the wayward youth also attacked a teen who was wearing a blue bandana at Highpoint Shopping Centre on September 13.

He then beat up another victim for an iPhone in Sunshine on October 5.

His latest victim, Mr Dobson, spent more than a month in hospital in an induced coma following the November 9 attack.

The teen had attacked Mr Dobson, 47, dragging him down the street and beating him to the ground, where a co-accused stomped on his head, to steal his pocket knife.

The unconscious father’s facial injuries were so severe his head was swollen to the size of a basketball. He now suffers memory loss, requires full-time care, and can drink only with a straw.

The magistrate adjourned sentencing to March 5, but released the youth in the meantime so he could prove he could stay out of trouble.​

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/la...s/news-story/42c714956d6b89a781bba5944baa0b27

I live down near Brixton, haven't had problems. It's sketchy but not that bad. No worse than walking through Adelaide at 2am.

Spent NYE stumbling all over the streets of Peckham/Brixton.

Safe as houses. Only thing in danger was my dignity, which took a pounding.

Apparently in the uk circa 25/30% of burglaries take place with someone in the house. A terrifying thought if you are elderly, living by yourself, have young kids etc.

A chap replacing my locks last year advised me to always have the front door locked when i was in the home as anyone with basic knowledge could open my door in seconds if it wasn't locked.

Apparently in the uk circa 25/30% of burglaries take place with someone in the house. A terrifying thought if you are elderly, living by yourself, have young kids etc.

A chap replacing my locks last year advised me to always have the front door locked when i was in the home as anyone with basic knowledge could open my door in seconds if it wasn't locked.
You mean... they had to work out how to turn a door handle?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think I know what he means, I have a door that you can't close without the key in it, rather than just a door with a lock. But it looks funny if you don't understand some of the door situations they have here in London.

Similiar here, it takes a long time in my experience after a shock like that in your own home to feel safe again. Incidents at my house were years ago but when I'm alone, regardless of where I still sleep fully clothed. Maybe more a habit now.
Agree with that. However, the campaign being put out there by the Tories that we should all go to bed in a state of fear is the lowest form of fear mongering. We live in a very safe country by world standards.

Far right activist Blair Cottrell. Makes ya proud to be an aussie!!!!!!

iuj35En.jpg

Remove this Banner Ad

Back