DOB 21-08-1997
Weight 96 kg
Games
2017 - 10
Career - 27
Goals
2017 - 9
Career- 25

HOMESICK key forward Josh Schache will return to Victoria, joining the Western Bulldogs for what appears a bargain compared to his draft value just two years ago. The No.2 pick in the 2015 NAB AFL Draft departs the Brisbane Lions – where his late father Laurence played 29 games – for picks 25 and 40. The deal was rubber-stamped after the 2pm AEDT deadline, but the terms were already agreed upon before the cut-off.

Schache's contract saga was one of the biggest stories this year, even once he shocked the AFL industry in r-signing for two years in June. The speculation the 20-year-old from Seymour could go home went into overdrive when the Lions granted him leave – citing fatigue – for a second time this season ahead of the NEAFL Grand Final.

The club's general manager of football, David Noble, announced early in the NAB AFL Trade Period that it was willing to trade Schache if a suitable offer arose. "We've had a mature conversation more than anything about Josh's desire to go home, and we had that conversation open and honestly when he re-signed that we thought there'd be a point in time when he would consider going home," Noble told NAB AFL Trade Radio.

"We've got on the front foot and had a conversation with Josh and his manager and if things work out for both parties he would be interested." Schache played 27 matches and kicked 25 goals in his two seasons at the Lions.

The 199cm forward won the Larke Medal at the NAB AFL Under-18 Championships in 2015 for his record 24-goal haul and remains a bright long-term prospect.

DMjUeWeUEAAXKOn.jpg:large

View attachment 430095

Bio
Height 199 cm
DOB 21-08-1997
Weight 96 kg
Games
2017 - 10
Career - 27
Goals
2017 - 9
Career- 25
HOMESICK key forward Josh Schache will return to Victoria, joining the Western Bulldogs for what appears a bargain compared to his draft value just two years ago.

The No.2 pick in the 2015 NAB AFL Draft departs the Brisbane Lions – where his late father Laurence played 29 games – for picks 25 and 40.

The deal was rubber-stamped after the 2pm AEDT deadline, but the terms were already agreed upon before the cut-off.

Schache's contract saga was one of the biggest stories this year, even once he shocked the AFL industry in re-signing for two years in June.

The speculation the 20-year-old from Seymour could go home went into overdrive when the Lions granted him leave – citing fatigue – for a second time this season ahead of the NEAFL Grand Final.

The club's general manager of football, David Noble, announced early in the NAB AFL Trade Period that it was willing to trade Schache if a suitable offer arose.

"We've had a mature conversation more than anything about Josh's desire to go home, and we had that conversation open and honestly when he re-signed that we thought there'd be a point in time when he would consider going home," Noble told NAB AFL Trade Radio.

"We've got on the front foot and had a conversation with Josh and his manager and if things work out for both parties he would be interested."

Schache played 27 matches and kicked 25 goals in his two seasons at the Lions.

The 199cm forward won the Larke Medal at the NAB AFL Under-18 Championships in 2015 for his record 24-goal haul and remains a bright long-term prospect.
All u sons of the west will be happy to learn that young Josh has been training by himself at Kings Park just this morning. ....id say that he is fairly keen to step up next year

All u sons of the west will be happy to learn that young Josh has been training by himself at Kings Park just this morning. ....id say that he is fairly keen to step up next year
Kings Park Seymour btw !!!

Cheers for the info mate
No probs. I see him there quite a bit lately, was there again last night kicking a footy with mates, he seems happy to be home. Im not stalking him btw guys !!! Haha....happens to be the home ground of the Seymour lions and we're starting to get stuff ready for pre-season

We need details please.
What's he doing?
Running laps, doing sprints, push-ups, etc...?
If he's alone he can't really practice his kicking apart from at goal and even that going to be hard without people kicking the balls back to him.

We need details please.
What's he doing?
Running laps, doing sprints, push-ups, etc...?
If he's alone he can't really practice his kicking apart from at goal and even that going to be hard without people kicking the balls back to him.
Goal kicking even harder at Seymour's home ground atm as they remove the posts for cricket season! ! Lol. He was running laps Friday morning, around a minute on 30 seconds off for a good half hour and just having a casual kick with mates yesterday arvo, leading into space etc. Knowing him personally he seems really relaxed and happy to be home, hope it translates into value for u guys. Have also heard that he's hitting the gym.

Goal kicking even harder at Seymour's home ground atm as they remove the posts for cricket season! ! Lol. He was running laps Friday morning, around a minute on 30 seconds off for a good half hour and just having a casual kick with mates yesterday arvo, leading into space etc. Knowing him personally he seems really relaxed and happy to be home, hope it translates into value for u guys. Have also heard that he's hitting the gym.

Excellent.gif

G'day doggie fans, there is an article on Josh Schache in our local paper, i tried to share the link here but im technically inept !!!. Simply google Seymour Telegraph and search Josh Schache, should bring up 2 articles, 1 from mid year and one just recently.

G'day doggie fans, there is an article on Josh Schache in our local paper, i tried to share the link here but im technically inept !!!. Simply google Seymour Telegraph and search Josh Schache, should bring up 2 articles, 1 from mid year and one just recently.
http://www.seymourtelegraph.com.au/2017/11/11/3568/new-bulldog-keen

Local lad Josh Schache can’t wait to pull on his Bulldogs jersey and prove all his doubters wrong on the footy field.

After two seasons playing for the Brisbane Lions, the 20-year-old key forward prospect came back to Victoria in September to be closer to his family in Seymour.

Despite having a good relationship with the Lions, Schache said living so far away from home was always difficult for him.

‘‘Growing up, I’ve been really close to my Mum and my sister since my Dad passed away when I was five,’’ he said.

‘‘We moved states when I was about eight or nine, and we’ve created a great environment around home in Seymour.

ADVERTISING

‘‘Living away from home was tough, because outside of the footy club I didn’t really have anyone I could go to.

‘‘But Brisbane were really good with that — they tried everything they could, and I couldn’t thank the club enough for what they’ve done for me and the family.’’

Part of the problem for Schache was that adding to the long distance separation from family and friends, the former number two draft pick faced relentless pressure from the media.

This meant Schache often had to choose between cutting himself off from his support network, or exposing himself to online criticism.

‘‘I used my phone to stay connected with my mates and family back here ... but I couldn’t use it for weeks due to the amount of scrutiny and the amount of people who have an opinion on you,’’ he said.

‘‘But with the experience I’ve had this year, I feel like I can look at it now and see it in a different way, so I know how to handle it a lot better and just sort of laugh at it, because no one’s going to think you’re perfect.

‘‘You’ve just got to listen to the people who really matter to you and who know you best.’’

With the trade sorted, Schache has his sights set on training hard during the pre-season and earning the respect of his new team-mates, because despite his reputation as a top draft pick, he said this counts for nothing once you’re in the AFL system.

‘‘Once you get into the AFL you’re just another player, and it’s what you do from there on out that defines you,’’ he said.

‘‘So I’m as motivated as ever to prove everyone wrong and get out there to be a part of something big and something successful at the Bulldogs.’’

In terms of his actual game, Schache has identified a handful of specific areas he wants to improve on — namely his one-on-one ability and his strength in the contest.

And while the former Lion said he is excited about the prospect of building a partnership with Tom Boyd, the number one draft pick in 2013, Schache said Bulldogs fans might be seeing him roam outside the forward line next season.

‘‘I think I might be moving around a bit more, so we can test that out during the pre-season,’’ he said.

‘‘I’ve got my running back up to where it needs to be now, so that can add another string to my bow, because I can get up the ground and maybe into the ruck a bit more, which is exciting.’’

Schache will join other first-to-fourth-year Western Bulldogs players at the club’s opening training session tomorrow, with the rest of the team to return on November 20.

By
GUS MCCUBBING

NOVEMBER 11, 2017

http://www.seymourtelegraph.com.au/2017/11/11/3568/new-bulldog-keen

Local lad Josh Schache can’t wait to pull on his Bulldogs jersey and prove all his doubters wrong on the footy field.

After two seasons playing for the Brisbane Lions, the 20-year-old key forward prospect came back to Victoria in September to be closer to his family in Seymour.

Despite having a good relationship with the Lions, Schache said living so far away from home was always difficult for him.

‘‘Growing up, I’ve been really close to my Mum and my sister since my Dad passed away when I was five,’’ he said.

‘‘We moved states when I was about eight or nine, and we’ve created a great environment around home in Seymour.

ADVERTISING

‘‘Living away from home was tough, because outside of the footy club I didn’t really have anyone I could go to.

‘‘But Brisbane were really good with that — they tried everything they could, and I couldn’t thank the club enough for what they’ve done for me and the family.’’

Part of the problem for Schache was that adding to the long distance separation from family and friends, the former number two draft pick faced relentless pressure from the media.

This meant Schache often had to choose between cutting himself off from his support network, or exposing himself to online criticism.

‘‘I used my phone to stay connected with my mates and family back here ... but I couldn’t use it for weeks due to the amount of scrutiny and the amount of people who have an opinion on you,’’ he said.

‘‘But with the experience I’ve had this year, I feel like I can look at it now and see it in a different way, so I know how to handle it a lot better and just sort of laugh at it, because no one’s going to think you’re perfect.

‘‘You’ve just got to listen to the people who really matter to you and who know you best.’’

With the trade sorted, Schache has his sights set on training hard during the pre-season and earning the respect of his new team-mates, because despite his reputation as a top draft pick, he said this counts for nothing once you’re in the AFL system.

‘‘Once you get into the AFL you’re just another player, and it’s what you do from there on out that defines you,’’ he said.

‘‘So I’m as motivated as ever to prove everyone wrong and get out there to be a part of something big and something successful at the Bulldogs.’’

In terms of his actual game, Schache has identified a handful of specific areas he wants to improve on — namely his one-on-one ability and his strength in the contest.

And while the former Lion said he is excited about the prospect of building a partnership with Tom Boyd, the number one draft pick in 2013, Schache said Bulldogs fans might be seeing him roam outside the forward line next season.

‘‘I think I might be moving around a bit more, so we can test that out during the pre-season,’’ he said.

‘‘I’ve got my running back up to where it needs to be now, so that can add another string to my bow, because I can get up the ground and maybe into the ruck a bit more, which is exciting.’’

Schache will join other first-to-fourth-year Western Bulldogs players at the club’s opening training session tomorrow, with the rest of the team to return on November 20.

By
GUS MCCUBBING

NOVEMBER 11, 2017
Thanks for that, hope u all enjoy.

Hmmmmmm...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

6 kicks 3 handballs 1 goal in a 90 point Deemolition of Norf did we make a mistake trading him ?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back