2018 prospects and planning

Remove this Banner Ad

Reports that Zac Williams has snapped his achilles. Wilson left GWS in the trade period to go to Freo. So...... Heath Shaw anyone ??
No excuses for Shaw now, surely goes 95+ again with guys not taking the ball away from him now

Reports that Zac Williams has snapped his achilles. Wilson left GWS in the trade period to go to Freo. So...... Heath Shaw anyone ??

Heater is firmly in my never again bucket

I took interest in his form last year, averaged around 80 before that patch which wasnt too bad, will be on my radar this year.

Wonder if Houli will be relevant again too? Thinking Tiges, did B Ellis get DEF eligibility?
L Mac's scores and numbers would have dropped during parts of the year having to move back to defence to cover injuries to North's smaller/general defenders during the middle part of the year. Moving back onto the wing and occasionally on the ball in his last couple of games, his numbers picked up a bit.

Had three 25+ disposal games in his last eight games of the season, so he's definitely on the improve.

If North throw him onball a fair bit in PS my eyebrows will be raised but i feel hes probably going to score more off a wing where he can get more marks anyway which will be his role in 2018

Hes a good unique. Do you remember his numbers in juniors?
He'll probably be 80% on the wing and 20% on the inside at this stage. A bit depends on whether Ziebell spends more time forward this season.

I agree, I do like him on the wing, but his strength in the contest makes him an appealing prospect on the inside. His numbers as a junior were solid from memory and he always enjoyed a long goal, which opposition teams found out in 2017.

Trouble I find with starting midfielders like McDonald is that unless you expect them to increase their average to 105+, you will want to trade them out by the end of year thereby using a valuable trade without having made a whole lot of cash. I feel this year is a guns and rookie one more so than past years.

He's available as a defender though isn't he? Meaning anything over 90 is decent from him
You're right pups. Was forgetting he had mid/def status.
That puts a different spin on him although he would be replacing Laird or Lloyd at his price.
I feel more comfortable with both of those.

Hello Fantasy Flogs and Nerds,

Have just entered my team "The Pluverbags" into a work comp but have never played Dream Team.

I have selected Ablett, Pendlebury, Dixon, Robbie Gray, Sloane and Jake Neade as my elite A Grader's.

Can anyone make any suggestions how I can optimise my score? I notice go you pups tends to trundle along mid-ladder so looking for others' opinions.

Thx

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Have just entered my team "The Pluverbags" into a work comp but have never played Dream Team.

I have selected Ablett, Pendlebury, Dixon, Robbie Gray, Sloane and Jake Neade as my elite A Grader's.

Can anyone make any suggestions how I can optimise my score? I notice go you pups tends to trundle along mid-ladder so looking for others' opinions.

Thx
Fat Ollie Wines, Jimmy Toumpas and Jasper Shittard would be a couple of good additions to your side !! Seriously under priced premo's are not to be ignored !!

Fat Ollie Wines, Jimmy Toumpas and Jasper Shittard would be a couple of good additions to your side !! Seriously under priced premo's are not to be ignored !!
Thank you, USER: Pea Nut.

Your suggestions have been noted

Thx
You probably should strengthen your backline with Zak Dawson too. :p

Heater is firmly in my never again bucket
Pretty burnt after last year (and going back to Collingwood days) however there's still a bit of temptation for me. He won't really drop any further in price but has the ability to go much higher based off his two previous years which are a bit more like an outlier based off the rest of his career.

Even his 2016 season was split into two in a way with his first half of the season being super strong with a 112 average after 13 games vsing his back half dropping to 87.6 in the final 10 games.

Did look older/slower last year but with two key attacking half backs out, does make him a little more tempting to risk picking, hoping he comes through or otherwise moving him on - prefer the thought of that compared to trading him in.

Biggest problem for mine is the team really needs to chip it around to him for him to get involved as he doesn't go hunt down tackles or find much of it himself so if he's not looked to by the rest of the guys to feed him the ball or if he's tagged, he's going to be taken out of the game pretty easily. Could also depend on how the team wants to play with some preferring to get it up the ground quickly and then lock it in rather then chip it around and move it slowly - GWS is probably a team that could do this however due to the talent on their list with some great kickers in the side.

At the end of the day it really depends on the rest of the options in the backline as to whether someone like Shaw should/needs to be considered or whether there are enough options that the risk isn't really worth it.

The link to go to the "2018 team planner" has now disappeared so I'd suggest the opening can't be too far away.

This may sound a little biased, but something to consider that I was looking into last night....

Sloane averaged 106 in 2016.

Averaged 107 in 2017, a year that everyone seems to view as an average year for him fantasy wise (mainly cos of his floor scores) but yet he still improved on the previous year

I went along and took out all the games Sloane was heavily tagged in and really struggled. Sloane averaged 129.9 when he wasn’t tagged.

Even if you take out his 2 lowest tagged games, one of where he even got injured, his average jumps to 113.

Now don’t get me wrong, I understand superstars being tagged is a part of the footballing world and it will always happen, it’s definitely not something you can just wipe from the record and ignore, and only look at the good stuff. But I’m interested to hear peoples thoughts on this....

Obviously Gibbs comes in and he will take some attention away from Sloane you’d think. The rise of the Crouch brothers will do the same. How much do we think these guys will either aid or deter his scoring, especially considering Gibbs is a 112 point averaging player himself?

After being tagged heavily last year, I’d be backing a character and player of Sloane’s caliber to learn and will himself to beat the tag more often in 2018, in addition to our midfield now spreading the load more evenly.

Last year, our midfield consisted of 2 young Crouch brother who both really didn’t hit their straps until the 2nd half of the year. Greenwood announced himself in the 2nd half also and then tailed off towards the end with his injury struggles. Douglas, Mackay, Atkins etc are pretty much irrelevant in this argument, so it’s obvious to see why teams went so hard at Sloane.

How much of this all changes in 2018?

This may sound a little biased, but something to consider that I was looking into last night....

Sloane averaged 106 in 2016.

Averaged 107 in 2017, a year that everyone seems to view as an average year for him fantasy wise (mainly cos of his floor scores) but yet he still improved on the previous year

I went along and took out all the games Sloane was heavily tagged in and really struggled. Sloane averaged 129.9 when he wasn’t tagged.

Even if you take out his 2 lowest tagged games, one of where he even got injured, his average jumps to 113.

Now don’t get me wrong, I understand superstars being tagged is a part of the footballing world and it will always happen, it’s definitely not something you can just wipe from the record and ignore, and only look at the good stuff. But I’m interested to hear peoples thoughts on this....

Obviously Gibbs comes in and he will take some attention away from Sloane you’d think. The rise of the Crouch brothers will do the same. How much do we think these guys will either aid or deter his scoring, especially considering Gibbs is a 112 point averaging player himself?

After being tagged heavily last year, I’d be backing a character and player of Sloane’s caliber to learn and will himself to beat the tag more often in 2018, in addition to our midfield now spreading the load more evenly.

Last year, our midfield consisted of 2 young Crouch brother who both really didn’t hit their straps until the 2nd half of the year. Greenwood announced himself in the 2nd half also and then tailed off towards the end with his injury struggles. Douglas, Mackay, Atkins etc are pretty much irrelevant in this argument, so it’s obvious to see why teams went so hard at Sloane.

How much of this all changes in 2018?
Super interesting to see how this plays out.

What was the tagging scenario when Dangerfield was at that club?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back