BBL Match 34; Scorchers v Hurricanes @ Perth.

Remove this Banner Ad

So bowling at the base of middle and off is out of fashion why ?

Because plenty that try it fail too often and just dish up full tosses instead - see Mitch McClenaghan and Sean Abbott bowling at the end of innings in this BBL.

It still works well if you can execute consistently though

(Log in to remove this ad.)

West Coast

Oh, don't know why I bothered

You do know economy rate factors in to a bowlers average, right?
What? Do Eagles fans have a reputation for being factually correct that I don't know about? What does my AFL team have to do with this? Apart from broad generalisations, that is.

Economy rates are the number of runs scored off of an over on average. A bowler could get no wickets in 5 games but only go for 4 an over. That's an economy rate of 4, and is pretty useful for restricting a teams score. Fact.

What? Do Eagles fans have a reputation for being factually correct? What does my AFL team have to do with this? Apart from broad generalisations, that is.
Economy rates are the number of runs scored off of an over on average. A bowler could get no wickets in 5 games but only go for 4 an over. That's an economy rate of 4, and is pretty useful for restricting a teams score.
I mean, you're obviously a biased Western Australian. Yes, Agar has had a strong BBL. No, he hasn't done enough to make the Aus T20 team, he still averages over 30 with the ball with an economy rate of 7.57. As I said, it was as stupid as selecting Quiney for one good Shield season despite him averageing like 35 with the bat, just not good enough.

I'd rather see Agar in ODIs where he actually has a good record in domestic cricket.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back