Past Kurt Tippett - retired 2018

Remove this Banner Ad

What an epic failure? So we paying this pea heart for 2 more years

No. Retiring players general forfeit their salary, which is what made the Buddy clause so unusual.

It sounds like he’s retiring, giving us cap room, and forfeiting about a million bucks to which he would be entitled.

No. Retiring players general forfeit their salary, which is what made the Buddy clause so unusual.

It sounds like he’s retiring, giving us cap room, and forfeiting about over a million bucks to which he would be entitled.
I suspect he'll get paid out something, just how much is the $64,000 question (I hope it's this amount)

It sounds like he’s retiring, giving us cap room, and forfeiting about a million bucks to which he would be entitled.

They never forfeit their salary. They come to a mutual agreement.

You think tippo's the kind of guy to walk away from money? That's gold.

Tippett has been caught our numerous times giving piss poor efforts

Only have to go back to the pies and GWS games of 2017 and watch and also hear the commentators!

He has been caught out much before that
You say 'caught out' as if he was somehow trying to hide his supposed lack of effort... do you somehow think he is unaware that he is playing before 30,000 people, or that the game is being broadcast live to a million or so, and delayed to a few million more. Or perhaps you think he is just 'pretending' to play... Do you think that he is unaware that the game will be gone over play by play on Monday morning, with a whole bunch of angles not available to the viewing public...

Do you think so little of our coaching, training and physio staff that you believe they are unable to tell when someone is not putting in effort? And then, after years of dumping on the commentators as idiots who don't know what they are talking about, you cite their commentary as proof of your position!

I don't know why you feel the way you do, but so far I can't find any 'facts' that bear you out.

I,for one, am very happy. I think this is best for all parties involved. Unfortunately for him his body let him down at the highest level of footy and for us we overpaid him based on his ceiling.

Be piss funny if Tom Browne got his info from BigFooty! I remember that time files on Franklins drug use got found in the hands of one very dodgy 7 news reporter

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Reason

Tippett had remained optimistic of returning to full fitness, however the length of his recovery and doubts about being able to get back to his best, led to his decision to retire.

The 30-year-old told his teammates on Monday, saying it was a difficult decision.

“It’s really tough to leave a game and a club which I really love, but the reality is that my body isn’t going to stand up to the rigors of professional football. As I've found out in the past 18 months or so, it's impossible to play at the level you want without being fully fit,” Tippett said.

http://www.sydneyswans.com.au/news/2018-01-22/tippett-announces-retirement

You say 'caught out' as if he was somehow trying to hide his supposed lack of effort... do you somehow think he is unaware that he is playing before 30,000 people, or that the game is being broadcast live to a million or so, and delayed to a few million more. Or perhaps you think he is just 'pretending' to play... Do you think that he is unaware that the game will be gone over play by play on Monday morning, with a whole bunch of angles not available to the viewing public...

Do you think so little of our coaching, training and physio staff that you believe they are unable to tell when someone is not putting in effort? And then, after years of dumping on the commentators as idiots who don't know what they are talking about, you cite their commentary as proof of your position!

I don't know why you feel the way you do, but so far I can't find any 'facts' that bear you out.
Uh oh. Punts just got "caught out"!

Seriously though, to play at that level, through injuries he's had to play through & the role he's been thrown into (Ruck isn't exactly the most delicate role let's be honest here) I think to use terms like "pea heart" or suggest he isn't putting in is pretty poor form.

Each to their own though. Support the club however you like. Bit sad if you feel the need to sh*t on our players or target certain people week in week out though IMO.

Regardless of what I thought of him, you have to feel for him that he never got a real shake at finishing his career at his best. I think this is best for both Tippett and the club, so credit to him for having the courage to make the call.

Over to you Naismith and Cameron...

Pretty cut up about this to be honest. When he was injury free in full flight he was an absolute weapon for us and a definite difference maker.

It's a real shame that the injuries stopped him getting back to that level.

I reckon anyone questioning his effort or commitment has no clue. Even when he was limited he would still pressure when he could and impact contests but injuries like his destroy your mobility at that size and meant that he would often look like giving up on a chase when the simple fact is that he was physically unable to stop and turn on a dime.

Add to that a calm demeanor and the fact that his cardio was shot due to lack of track work and you have the ingredients for a guy that looks lazy and disinterested.

Fact of the matter is that the guy played some of his best footy when he was thrust into the most physically punishing position on the ground. That doesn't suggest quitter to me.

Regardless of what I thought of him, you have to feel for him that he never got a real shake at finishing his career at his best. I think this is best for both Tippett and the club, so credit to him for having the courage to make the call.

Over to you Naismith and Cameron...
Don't forget Sinco and our next brownlow medalist from the ruck Towers!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back