Certified Legendary Thread The absolute brilliance that is the C9 commentary team. CC: Brad McNamara

Remove this Banner Ad

I'd love to see Ganguly on 9 next summer. Not just because he's very quickly established himself as one of the best in the business, but because he'd be spending the whole time taking the piss out of his co commentators and the vast majority of them wouldn't even notice. Way too smart for those guys lol

I reckon Nicholas is losing patience with Clarke and Pietersen. Have been plenty of times during the England tour coverage where it seems like he's been close to snapping at them.

Only since you brought it up. Just then, when White dropped a pudding, Pietersen said he was happy to cut White some slack. Nicholas responded incredulously “Really???”

He was equally dumbfounded when moments later Pietersen mentioned he liked Moeen Ali coming out and having a slog “because nothing else has worked for him.” Unfortunately they’d just gone off air when Moeen dragged on playing a cow shot. I reckon Nicholas would have snapped.

Tubs and Heals try the "Channel 10, camera in the comm box, casual banter bit"

Tubs: Hey Heals this new set is pretty fancy. Whaddya reckon?
Heals: Yeah it's good.

**silence**

**crickets chirping**

Camera goes back on field. Conversation over.

Heals doesn't want to be part of that s**t.

Only since you brought it up. Just then, when White dropped a pudding, Pietersen said he was happy to cut White some slack. Nicholas responded incredulously “Really???”

He was equally dumbfounded when moments later Pietersen mentioned he liked Moeen Ali coming out and having a slog “because nothing else has worked for him.” Unfortunately they’d just gone off air when Moeen dragged on playing a cow shot. I reckon Nicholas would have snapped.

Hopefully this is the last we see of Pietersen since he isn't playing Big Bash. They really should have got Athers.

In other news:

Why did C9 allow him also?

Heals doesn't want to be part of that s**t.

Hopefully this is the last we see of Pietersen since he isn't playing Big Bash. They really should have got Athers.

In other news:

Why did C9 allow him also?

KP doesn't understand that a bit of silence in a cricket commentary isn't a bad thing. Also, he has to get used to the fact in his role as a commentator he needs to feel comfortable criticising players who make mistakes. That includes people he's mates with.

I reckon Athers is one of the best out there across all countries. I felt channel 9 should have offered Athers a role. Having KP for just three tests was silly when they could have had Athers for all five tests. Athers is a better commentator and i doubt KP's three tests didn't come cheap for channel 9 either.

KP doesn't understand that a bit of silence in a cricket commentary isn't a bad thing. Also, he has to get used to the fact in his role as a commentator he needs to feel comfortable criticising players who make mistakes. That includes people he's mates with.

I reckon Athers is one of the best out there across all countries. I felt channel 9 should have offered Athers a role. Having KP for just three tests was silly when they could have had Athers for all five tests. Athers is a better commentator and i doubt KP's three tests didn't come cheap for channel 9 either.

KP is a flog who would take himself to bed if he could and who could listen to himself all day long. But, credit where it's due, it's refreshing to hear a Ch9 commentator prepared to be critical of Australian players. With a bit of polish, a better voice and less girlish giggling, KP would be quite good.

KP would have been an easy hire because Warne likes him and isn't tied to a contract and also was here for the Big Bash. Since this is his last season in the BBL, I don't see him back even for the next Ashes.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

KP would have been an easy hire because Warne likes him and isn't tied to a contract and also was here for the Big Bash. Since this is his last season in the BBL, I don't see him back even for the next Ashes.

I reckon they want KP to be a regular member of the team from here on.

I reckon they want KP to be a regular member of the team from here on.

But does KP want to come to Australia? He might actually to commentate on the BBL since $$$$$ and he is a figure there.

Not that I'm especially a fan of his commentary and analysis, but is anyone else surprised that Allan Border has never been given a run as part of the Nine team, even in the more "serious" days of the late '90s with Richie and co.? Just seems odd that one of our longest-tenured and revered and respected captains has always been limited to niche Foxtel coverage. Is he just too "boring" and understated for Nine these days?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back