Preview Practice Match vs Melbourne. Friday 19th at Olympic Park 7:30

Remove this Banner Ad

Can't read too much into that second half given Melbourne apparently had their best midfielders off the ground
We certainly lacked the class ball winning mids of other teams last year and didn't seem to address it much in the offseason instead focusing on other areas. Perhaps a sign this will again be a concern?

Had to leave at half time. The Dees were well on top, with 5.6 and Pies still on 2.0.

Pies clearly struggled to get it up forward in that qrt. Looked to me that the Demons were taller than our girls all across the field. Disappointing, if that is a trend we have missed out on. Anyway, wont leap to conclusions after two 20 minute practice quarters!

For us Molloy was impressive, she's a strong girl. Jas Garner was still going well. And Cecilia McIntosh picked up where she left off last year. A tough nuggety small defender. I really like this girl, she can play footy.

Some random comments:
  • Just generally, the skills seem to have improved from last year, including the kicking
  • Pies laid lots of tackles, contested well, but just couldn't get it away cleanly
  • Play was more open and less congested than last year
Re the lack of facilities being available, there were quite a few people looking to buy food and refreshments. But it was zilch, zero, nada. Not even a food van. A few left when we did, because they 'had to eat'. This treatment of fans, and dare I say AFLW fans, is beyond a joke.

I hear you vicky park, popped down for a look
I for one can't unstandard why , it's very unprofessional
As a club this is now a BIG issue imo
Been down at least 10 times now , no facilities at night, no shade in the day, totally unorganised , never been surveyed once whilst there
Really how hard to put some collingwood covered shade sails in , or are we forgotten our core values
Don't think the ground is spectator friendly, certainly not for the young or old
Unsafe conditions ?
Doubt I ll go again ,
SLIP , SLOP , SLAP yeah right
Ill be contacting the club MONDAY

I hear you vicky park, popped down for a look
I for one can't unstandard why , it's very unprofessional
As a club this is now a BIG issue imo
Been down at least 10 times now , no facilities at night, no shade in the day, totally unorganised , never been surveyed once whilst there
Really how hard to put some collingwood covered shade sails in , or are we forgotten our core values
Don't think the ground is spectator friendly, certainly not for the young or old
Unsafe conditions ?
Doubt I ll go again ,
SLIP , SLOP , SLAP yeah right
Ill be contacting the club MONDAY

I’ll contact the club too. Will compose a very polite email and be on my best behaviour.:)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back