Training The training report thread now including finals sessions

Remove this Banner Ad

Partingtion was a ball magnet there.

No jumping in the ruck contests but Vardy cleared the ball a lot.

McInnes had a hard time as a forward.

Sheed ran hard and got a few touches.

Riolis kicking was smooth and he ran through the middle of the ground a fair bit.

Duggan was in defence. Matty Allen up forward. I still can't see Brander.

Shuey and Ezy aren't playing. Lots of senior players are done for the day.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Looks like that's it.

Brander was there. Had to get closer to see him. Similar look to rotham.

Petrie here too.

Barrows is very skinny. They had him in defence for one of the drills.

Think Brander was out on the MCG field when the match sim was going on having shots at goal with guys like Ainsworth, Allen, Brayshaw and Petch (although he may have rotated some of them through like Petch).

O. Allen doesn't look much over 190cm up close.

Olongo on a scooter on the far oval.

Venables is out there. Taking is easy and taking his time measuring his kicks. If this drill was a game, Venables would be on the wing... Ok he's rotated over. Finished that drill at the drop of the ball.

Looks like Oscar, Olongo and Bayok might be done for the day.

Any thoughts on Bayok?

Is he getting better?

Is going to be very tough for him to push ahead of Rioli, Ryan or Cripps.

Any thoughts on Bayok?

Is he getting better?

Is going to be very tough for him to push ahead of Rioli, Ryan or Cripps.

He must be a little bit injured because he's doing extra stretching and walking the boundary rather than training.

Like all the guys that did the extra stretching and walking he didn't look in any discomfort and he's in really good shape. Big shoulders, low body fat - he completely looks the part. As for skill/running ability, I can't comment.

He must be a little bit injured because he's doing extra stretching and walking the boundary rather than training.

Like all the guys that did the extra stretching and walking he didn't look in any discomfort and he's in really good shape. Big shoulders, low body fat - he completely looks the part. As for skill/running ability, I can't comment.
Hutch ?

Cheers for the updates Jimmy_the_Gent

WTF is wrong with Cole this year?

Hasn’t he been injured during every Pre season since he’s been on the list? Last year it was a calf iirc and a hamstring in his first Pre Season? Or atleast very early on in the season.

Edit: Jimmy_the_Gent how’s the better Brayshaw looking?

Last edited:
Cheers for the updates Jimmy_the_Gent

Hasn’t he been injured during every Pre season since he’s been on the list? Last year it was a calf iirc and a hamstring in his first Pre Season? Or atleast very early on in the season.

Edit: Jimmy_the_Gent how’s the better Brayshaw looking?

Brayshaw looked good to me - but at the end of the day these are drills so there isn't much to take from them. He was pretty clean though and used the ball well. He has a very developed body as we know but looks pretty cooked constantly. It may serve him to drop a few kilos to improve his endurance and perhaps gain a yard of pace.

Brayshaw looked good to me - but at the end of the day these are drills so there isn't much to take from them. He was pretty clean though and used the ball well. He has a very developed body as we know but looks pretty cooked constantly. It may serve him to drop a few kilos to improve his endurance and perhaps gain a yard of pace.

Yeah, knew he was a big unit and it wasn’t until today I realised just how big until I saw him standing next to Mutimer in a handball drill on the clubs IG. Agree that he could probably drop a bit of weight.
2A7379FA-40E6-4A6D-B14E-42B0A349BAEE.jpeg

Remove this Banner Ad

Back