Academy v Father-Sons

Remove this Banner Ad

I'm confident that Bailey is going to nominate North.

Another national Academy prospect who has options next year is Bailey Scott, the son of former Cat and Roos player Robert. Scott is eligible to join both either club as a father-son, as well as the Suns as an Academy player having resided in Queensland in recent years.

Bailey will spend time at all three clubs this month as part of the Academy's program, with the tenacious midfielder getting a glimpse inside each of the possible destinations.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2017-12-08/which-academy-prospects-are-training-at-your-club

Next year is going to be fun in regards to Northern Academy, Next Generation Academy, and Father Son prospects. Along with the introduction of live pick trading on draft night.

Next Generation Academy prospects:

CARLTON
Nick Riebelt (2018), Eltham, Multicultural
Sunny Brazier (2018), North Fitzroy, Multicultural
Mitchell Wild (2018), South Morang, Indigenous

ESSENDON
Lucas Cooper (2018), Maningrida, Indigenous

FREMANTLE
Jason Carter (2018), Wyndham, Indigenous

HAWTHORN
Stephen Kapahnke (2018), Macclesfield, Multicultural
Irving Mosquito (2018), Briagolong, Indigenous

NORTH MELBOURNE
Tarryn Thomas (2018), Hadspen, Indigenous

RICHMOND
Ajak Dang (2018), Mooroopna, Multicultural
Kyle Clarke (2018), Shepparton, Indigenous
Phillip Moi Moi (2018), Robinvale, Multicultural
Kailen Walker (2018), Red Cliffs, Indigenous

WESTERN BULLDOGS
Buku Khamis (2018), St Albans, Multicultural

Jason Carter (Fremantle), Tarryn Thomas (North), and Buku Khamis (Dogs) are all in the AFL Academy, so are genuine prospects. While there was a bit of talk early this year about Irving Mosquito's early season performances.

2018 Father son prospects:
Jake Bradshaw (Daniel) Brisbane [2018]
Oscar Brownless (Billy) Geelong [2018]
Joel Crocker (Darren) North [2018]
Mason Fletcher (Dustin) Essendon [2018]
Zac Hart (Ben) Adelaide [2018]
Will Hickmott (Adrian) Carlton [2018]
Lochlan Hocking (Garry) Geelong [2018]
Will Kelly (Craig) Collingwood [2018]
Oskar Manton (Glenn Carlton [2018]
Baxter Mensch (David) Geelong [2018]
James Rendell (Matt) Brisbane [2018]
Ben Silvagni (Stephen) Carlton [2018]
Casey Voss (Michael) Brisbane [2018]
Rhylee West (Scott) Western Bulldogs [2018]

Rhylee West is in the AFL Academy. While Carlton fans have been talking up Ben for two years, though how much of that wishful daydreaming I am unsure.

Then we have the Nick Blakey and Bailey Scott, and the $#!* storm that's going to brew all year long on BigFooty about those two. Blakey, Sydney Academy, North and Brisbane father son prospect. Scott, Gold Coast Academy, North and Geelong father son prospect. And both also in the AFL academy.

Hope Ben goes unnoticed next year will a bargain probably the most talented of three Silvagni F/S, 195 -KPF already, good tall.
Will Hickmont is an elite winger not sure about his brother Liam honest footballer.
No insight into Oskar Manton.

Hope Ben goes unnoticed next year will a bargain probably the most talented of three Silvagni F/S, 195 -KPF already, good tall.
Will Hickmont is an elite winger not sure about his brother Liam honest footballer.
Im Kind of hoping Richmond bid on Ben Silvagni, Would be great to get the better Silvagni

Pretty sure all clubs are aware of him. Carlton fans have only been talking about him for two years already.

Im Kind of hoping Richmond bid on Ben Silvagni, Would be great to get the better Silvagni

Slivagni's all three of the boys are destined for one club only with grandfather and father as past champions really no other option we need another club champion between the three of them.

Pretty sure all clubs are aware of him. Carlton fans have only been talking about him for two years already.

Talent and great lineage gets tongues wagging very difficult to keep a lid on it, Wil Hickmont is meant to go all right too, and we'll Oskar Manton train with the lads soon.

Another national Academy prospect who has options next year is Bailey Scott, the son of former Cat and Roos player Robert. Scott is eligible to join both either club as a father-son, as well as the Suns as an Academy player having resided in Queensland in recent years.

Bailey will spend time at all three clubs this month as part of the Academy's program, with the tenacious midfielder getting a glimpse inside each of the possible destinations.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2017-12-08/which-academy-prospects-are-training-at-your-club

I'm confident that Bailey is going to nominate North.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Should be interesting to see which club both players in Bailey Scott & Nick Blakey, nominate as their preferred destination.....Has there been a 3-way choice before, prior to these 2 players?

It will also make for interesting viewing as to what degree the other clubs ignore that preference, by nominating them on Draft-Day anyway.

Blakey is tracking as a Top 10 pick at this stage & Scott inside the Top 20.....A fair bit of politicking to go under the bridge you'd reckon.

I reckon both will nominate with their academies by staying put at home.

Should be interesting to see which club both players in Bailey Scott & Nick Blakey, nominate as their preferred destination.....Has there been a 3-way choice before, prior to these 2 players?

It will also make for interesting viewing as to what degree the other clubs ignore that preference, by nominating them on Draft-Day anyway.

Blakey is tracking as a Top 10 pick at this stage & Scott inside the Top 20.....A fair bit of politicking to go under the bridge you'd reckon.

I reckon both will nominate with their academies by staying put at home.
This could be very interesting points wise if Scott & Blakey both nominate North first as North also have the Tasmanian Tarryn Thomas touted as a high draft pick.

If North as expected finish low on the table and have picks say, 3, 21 (878 pts), 40 (429), 60 (146), total after pick 3 is 1453 points. I'm not aware they traded in any 2018 picks but North supporters can inform us if they have.

So with pick 3 they take one of the guns. If Blakey or Thomas is nominated by another club before pick 6 it will burn all of those 1453 points, pick 7-10 most of those points. So the other two of the trio will take most of North's 2019 points? Don't North also have Joel Crocker as a likely later pick but all points could be gone by then?

A surfeit of riches and potentially major headaches in this draft for North as I see it but maybe North supporters have a different view on how it works.

This could be very interesting points wise if Scott & Blakey both nominate North first as North also have the Tasmanian Tarryn Thomas touted as a high draft pick.

If North as expected finish low on the table and have picks say, 3, 21 (878 pts), 40 (429), 60 (146), total after pick 3 is 1453 points. I'm not aware they traded in any 2018 picks but North supporters can inform us if they have.

So with pick 3 they take one of the guns. If Blakey or Thomas is nominated by another club before pick 6 it will burn all of those 1453 points, pick 7-10 most of those points. So the other two of the trio will take most of North's 2019 points? Don't North also have Joel Crocker as a likely later pick but all points could be gone by then?

A surfeit of riches and potentially major headaches in this draft for North as I see it but maybe North supporters have a different view on how it works.

We did;

http://www.nmfc.com.au/news/2017-10-19/trade-north-secures-future-picks-nmfc

North Melbourne will be well placed to bid on its 2018 father-son and academy prospects after a late trade with Port Adelaide on Thursday.

The club received two 2018 third-round selections, in exchange for its 2017 third-round pick (currently 46) and its 2018 third-round selection.

"We will have picks 4 and 23 going into the draft and what we’ve done with our third-round selection this year is we’ve just deferred it a year," North GM Football Cameron Joyce said.

"We’ve got some potential academy and father-son players next year, so this gives us the ability to have some more points if those players are available for us."

Earlier in the day, Sam Gibson was traded to Adelaide for pick 91 in the 2017 NAB AFL Draft.

"Obviously we delisted Sam a few weeks ago and Adelaide were keen to put him on their list for 2018, so they could’ve picked him up as a delisted free agent, but obviously how good Sam has been with us we’re happy to trade him for a late pick to Adelaide to make it pretty seamless for him," Joyce added.

We have an extra 3rd rounder, probably likely to be worth 300-400 pts.

I think it's unlikely bids for Thomas and Blakely to come in the top 10.

Even if they are bid on at 10 & 12 = With 20% discounts, it's 1116 & 1014

That would leave us with a total deficit of around 200 points, with Scott and Crocker to come.

I think it likely that you will see us trade a 2019 pick in the 2018 trade period.

This is all hypothetical and I find it highly unlikely every single one of them will nominate us.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back