Western Bulldogs 2016 or Richmond 2017

What finals campaign was more impressive?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Looking at the past two premiership finals campaigns

Both the Bulldogs in 2016 and Richmond in 2017 overcame a history of adversity to be the best when it counted but what was more impressive?

A. A team coming from 7th, winning four finals away from their home ground including two interstate wins, beating the triple reigning premier and an AFL favourite in the big dance?

Or:

B. A top four team just absolutely turning it on and dominating everybody in front of the nation making it seem like shelling peas?

Two great efforts and neither discounts the other, but whose was more impressive in your opinion?

Bias aside, I'd probably go the Bulldogs due to travelling to Perth and Sydney to take on two very in form teams at the time. Richmond's was fantastic though, although each game was won on the MCG.

Richmond, because:

We had the fifth highest percentage of all time in finals. Absolutely dominated every other top four side. Conceded only 22 goals across each final and kicked more than double that.

We have the greatest defender the game has ever seen.

We have potentially the greatest all time player (currently the best player in the comp by quite some distance) and the first (and only) to win the Norm Smith, Brownlow and Premiership in the same season.

We have the best captain in the competition (also a Brownlow medalist and MVP).

We have a two time Coleman medal winner and the second best key forward in the competition.

We have an elite support cast which includes A graders such as Astbury, Grimes, Prestia, Lambert, Edwards and Vlastuin.

We have the best defence in the competition.

We have the best group of small forwards in the competition.

We are one of the best finals sides in history and statistics/our performances prove that. We comprehensively outplayed every competitor and there was no point throughout our finals campaign where we looked vulnerable. I’ve never witnessed such a dominant finals performance.

The Bulldogs are a bunch of B graders who beat Sydney last season in the GF. Sydney couldn’t even make the PF this season. The Dogs also had a hangover, we look primed to go back to back.

All bias aside, but richmond. Absolutely dominated every opponent, cant do more than that surely?

Thats not taking anything away from the dogs who showed phenomenal spirit to win away and then take the prize from 7th place. I was genuinely happy for the dogs when they won it

Dogs broke the mould really & had to win 4 finals, including beating the triple reigning premiers & win 2 interstate trips away to W.A & Western Sydney, just to make it through to the Grand Final for starters.

Still, it was nice to see the Tigers bursting first the Dangerwood bubble & then the Tex Walker bubble.....I'd be lying if I never said it made for LOL-worthy enjoyment....Kinda hard to begrudge the Tigers really, based upon knocking off these 2 sooky sooky, self-entitled bogan-riddled clubs.

Richmond, because:

We had the fifth highest percentage of all time in finals. Absolutely dominated every other top four side. Conceded only 22 goals across each final and kicked more than double that.

We have potentially the greatest all time player (currently the best player in the comp by quite some distance) and the first (and only) to win the Norm Smith, Brownlow and Premiership in the same season.

We have a two time Coleman medal winner and the second best key forward in the competition.

We have an elite support cast which includes A graders such as Astbury, Grimes, Prestia, Lambert, Edwards and Vlastuin.

We are one of the best finals sides in history and statistics/our performances prove that. We comprehensively outplayed every competitor and there was no point throughout our finals campaign where we looked vulnerable. I’ve never witnessed such a dominant finals performance.

The Bulldogs are a bunch of B graders who beat Sydney last season in the GF. Sydney couldn’t even make the PF this season. The Dogs also had a hangover, we look primed to go back to back.

I like how you managed to name 6 A graders, none of whom are actually A graders.
Though its a bit unfair of me to pick on that one line when most of this post is just plain wrong.

As much as I enjoyed our win last year, I'd say the Bulldogs coming from 7th, thought they'd go out each week but they fought and prevailed against all odds.

Richmond, because:

Wow i know you are biased and that and but you couldn't have come across more of a douche.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Richmond because I did not notice the umpires during their run.

I went from liking the Bulldogs halfway through 2016 to ******* loathing them through no fault of their own. The umpires just ruined them for me that season.

Dogs. 4 games in a row with 2 of them interstate and 1 of them away against the 3 time reigning premiers.

Tigers did well but beating 3 away teams on your own ground isn't quite the same.

Dogs. 4 games in a row with 2 of them interstate and 1 of them away against the 3 time reigning premiers.

Tigers did well but SMASHING 3 away teams on your own ground isn't quite the same.

fixed that for you

fixed that for you
Eh I sat through the 2000 finals series so a 45 point winning average is ok I guess but not what I call a smashing. If it helps you though sure you can call it that.

Eh I sat through the 2000 finals series so a 45 point winning average is ok I guess but not what I call a smashing. If it helps you though sure you can call it that.

51, 42 (goal was kicked after the siren that made it 36), and 48 are smashings buddy oh pal regardless of your jizzing over something that happened almost 2 decades ago

51, 42 (goal was kicked after the siren that made it 36), and 48 are smashings buddy oh pal regardless of your jizzing over something that happened almost 2 decades ago
Hey if that makes you feel better then by all means say it. :)

Doesn't change my point that Bulldogs traveled interstate twice, beat the 3 time reigning premiers on their home ground and Richmond beat three teams on their own home turf.

Its why I went Dogs.

Hey if that makes you feel better then by all means say it. :)

Doesn't change my point that Bulldogs traveled interstate twice, beat the 3 time reigning premiers on their home ground and Richmond beat three teams on their own home turf.

Its why I went Dogs.

cool

if it were the bombers who did it like we did in 2017 youd be calling it the greatest finals series since 2000 :tearsofjoy:

Richmond, because:

No.

No and no.

No.

No.

Oh my god no.

Debatable

No.

HAHAAHAHAHAAHAH.

Have I ever read a more biased post? No.

Back