Unsolved The Beaumont Children

Remove this Banner Ad

What does this mean for psychics if this turns out to be the place of their burial? Considering a psychic was the first to point police here.
Wrong. Croiset the psychic pointed to a warehouse in Wilton Avenue, Paringa Park.
The Advertiser wrongly linked the 1967/1990s dig of the Paringa Park warehouse to the Casterloy factory dig.
I pointed this out to the journalist and he will be adjusting the online article.

Got a feeling they will find something when they start digging. Too bad the one responsible for this is probably dead and was able to live a full life.

I hope they're found, their parents may finally get some closure and a decent burial for their kids. It's something good at least.

Got a feeling they will find something when they start digging. Too bad the one responsible for this is probably dead and was able to live a full life.

Hopefully but bear in mind how much the media pump things up. They’ve been falling over each other to declare this an exclusive (both TT and ACA claimed so last night, when it wasn’t an exclusive for either of them).

Hopefully but bear in mind how much the media pump things up. They’ve been falling over each other to declare this an exclusive (both TT and ACA claimed so last night, when it wasn’t an exclusive for either of them).

I've given this a little more cred though because Detective Superintendent Des Bray, in charge of major crimes called a presser and announced the dig. He led the investigation initially into who the little girl in the suitcase was found on the side of the road. Khandalyce Pearce.

Lol i was saying the same thing sort of, but TT/7 were always the ones took it by the teeth from the get go and it was Seven that got Flinders Uni to conduct the new search of the area the two boys dug back in '66.
Channel 9 are just being pathetic in this instance imho.

A purse is a purse and it might not mean anything but its chilling they found one in the basement, probably kept as a trophy.

It matched the description of the purse that Jane had at the time. Also when Mullins went back to the Phipps home he asked about the purse and Old Mrs Phipps said she had gotten rid of it.

The Satin Man was published in 2013 - the info in that book was probably around 3-4 years before that.

I'm not sure why there is now such interest in the Satin Man theory (as opposed to 4-5 years ago) - has any further information arrived to confirm or corroborate it? The 'Startling News' they refer in the TV story to dates back to 2006 - before the publication of the Satin Man theory.

I suspect another media beat-up, that has probably got some traction with someone who is prepared to fund the dig. I tend to think that the police generally know far more about these types of cases than 'well-meaning members of the general public'.

I've given this a little more cred though because Detective Superintendent Des Bray, in charge of major crimes called a presser and announced the dig. He led the investigation initially into who the little girl in the suitcase was found on the side of the road. Khandalyce Pearce.

Concur.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I have a funny gut feel this search will find something, have never felt that before this just seems more credible and the evidence appears to be mounting.

Yep, it's got the right feel this time imo, so hopeful here I'm almost a bit emotional.

Could it be too much of a coincidence that the exact spot the boys alleged to have dug a "grave" is where the anomaly is? Big question here though is why the right equipment was not used last time on the right spot. Very weird.

The Satin Man was published in 2013 - the info in that book was probably around 3-4 years before that.

I'm not sure why there is now such interest in the Satin Man theory (as opposed to 4-5 years ago) - has any further information arrived to confirm or corroborate it? The 'Startling News' they refer in the TV story to dates back to 2006 - before the publication of the Satin Man theory.

I suspect another media beat-up, that has probably got some traction with someone who is prepared to fund the dig. I tend to think that the police generally know far more about these types of cases than 'well-meaning members of the general public'.

There's been interest in the SM theory since the book was published. Phipps was never named in the book, it was TT/7 Adelaide that named him. When that episode went to air linking Phipps and Cast Alloy one of the men who dug the hole at Cast Alloy with his brother just days after the BC disappeared saw the episode and he and his brother came forward to police.
Whether or not anything is found relating to the BC this new dig is big news considering the first dig at Cast Alloy wasn't even conducted in the area the men said they had dug.
Also, nobody's funding the dig. Major Crime will be conducting the dig after Chanel 7 and Flinders Uni found some anomalies when conducting their search of the area with better ground penetrating radar equipment than was previously used.

Interesting podcast in Perth with Michael Usher from 7 news interviewed. Describes ground search geological survey 7 news completed on the site before going to police. Electric pulse going through ground to about 10 metres. Identified a significant, rectangular shaped anomaly (and possibly a second rectangular shape) exactly in area identified by two brothers.

In 2013 after two brothers aged 15 and 17 at the time, came forward and said a wealthy man paid us to dig a rectangular hole in factory site in 1966, Police used old fashioned radar that didn’t go further than a metre underground and identified something, but not in the area identified by the brothers. They dug but found nothing.

https://www.6pr.com.au/podcast/development-in-the-beaumont-children-case/

Could it be too much of a coincidence that the exact spot the boys alleged to have dug a "grave" is where the anomaly is? Big question here though is why the right equipment was not used last time on the right spot. Very weird.

The first time around was really half arsed by SAPOL. This time it seems SAPOL aren't going to eff about.

I think Michael Usher said in the podcast that the electric pulse equipment they used was brand new and could investigate up to 10 metres underground, and what they called the old ground radar equip is what police currently use.

Maybe they should bring the equipment to Kalgoorlie for Lisa Govan and Badingarra for Hayley Dodd?

Link to live Presser.

https://www.9news.com.au/videos/wat...mq5dp9vpqh/beaumont-children-press-conference

Phipps getting lots of mentions. Phipps may not have acted alone. Gotta wonder if the tenant of one of the cottages could have been involved?

Phipps not elevated to suspect but POI.

Police claim pretty much anyone as a POI beforehand. Much like any CCTV crime footage that is released that asks for information in regards to the person who is shown committing the crime. They are always defined as a POI. lol

If they find anything, then Phipps will definitely be the suspect. After all the boys (now men) have identified him as the one who hired them to dig.

Looking at that presser, I get the feeling that police are confident in this one. They mentioned something about new information coming to hand start of last year that they have acted upon and started a new investigation. Wonder if someone new came into the equation.

Have to laugh at the ACA story. Claiming credit for the whole thing when they had nothing to do with it.

Police claim pretty much anyone as a POI beforehand. Much like any CCTV crime footage that is released that asks for information in regards to the person who is shown committing the crime. They are always defined as a POI. lol

If they find anything, then Phipps will definitely be the suspect. After all the boys (now men) have identified him as the one who hired them to dig.

Looking at that presser, I get the feeling that police are confident in this one. They mentioned something about new information coming to hand start of last year that they have acted upon and started a new investigation. Wonder if someone new came into the equation.

Have to laugh at the ACA story. Claiming credit for the whole thing when they had nothing to do with it.

I think the new info is the the fact they found the exact hole the boys dug. That's the anomaly. When seven and Flinders Uni undertook the search SAPOL told them if anything is found to immediately inform them.
Screw ACA. Pathetic.

Correct. This has been a Channel 7 story from day one. Graham Archer is champion of the people...

Lol i was saying the same thing sort of, but TT/7 were always the ones took it by the teeth from the get go and it was Seven that got Flinders Uni to conduct the new search of the area the two boys dug back in '66.
Channel 9 are just being pathetic in this instance imho.

It’s just funny how the “exclusive” thing is used so incorrectly.

An exclusive is the broadcasting or publishing of something new or unique.

This story was on the ABC and many other news sites yesterday, hours before 7 or 9 showed it.

Anyone think it wierd the dig hasnt started yet?

Not weird, probably need to get a few ducks in a row beforehand but i'm getting antsy. Would be something else if they conduct the search on Australia Day long weekend, the day the children disappeared.
I'm with you PG on feeling emotional, i'd probably shed a few tears if their remains were found. My wife said she'd ball her eyes out.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back