Hottest 100 2017 voting/predictions

Remove this Banner Ad

Just checked Warm Tunas for the first time in a few days. Few bolters - Lemon to a Knife Fight is now Top 25, Alex Lahey's two tracks have drifted to early 20's, Regular Touch still sticking fat at #11 (come on!!)

But the big surprise for me is Go Bang now up to #5. Can only imagine it will attract mainstream votes too given it crossed over. It's paying $4.50 for Top 5 on SB right now which is decent odds if you're confident.

Go Bang has become something of an Aussie summer dance anthem - mainstream radio support without losing (much) of their indie base...they even play go bang at the Big Bash.

I'm on for top ten at $2.37 for as much as they would let me...and in head to head battles with a whole range of songs that shouldn't give me too many headaches (Let you down - Peking Duk, Homemade Dynamite and Lay it on Me - Vance Joy).

If I can still lift my wallet and I drink sensibly through the day I'll be dragging my tired old self out of my banana lounge for a bit of a celebratory boogie if go bang is 8 or higher.

Go Bang has become something of an Aussie summer dance anthem - mainstream radio support without losing (much) of their indie base...they even play go bang at the Big Bash.

I'm on for top ten at $2.37 for as much as they would let me...and in head to head battles with a whole range of songs that shouldn't give me too many headaches (Let you down - Peking Duk, Homemade Dynamite and Lay it on Me - Vance Joy).

If I can still lift my wallet and I drink sensibly through the day I'll be dragging my tired old self out of my banana lounge for a bit of a celebratory boogie if go bang is 8 or higher.

I've just been jumping on little things I like when I see them over the course of the last couple of months. My mates reckon I'm ridiculous for betting on the H100 but it should enhance the fun of the day. Just spewing I didn't jump on those Head2Head odds that involved "rockstar" (it's not gonna finish anywhere near the top). But to get any money out of H2H you really have to throw on some decent sized stakes and I wasn't really in the position to do that.

Anyway here's what I've got on. Let's hope for the best.

Vera Blue - Mended - Top 10 @ $51 (confidence: low)
Lorde - Green Light - Win @ $6 (confidence: fairly low, used to be higher)
Gang of Youths - What Can I Do If... - Top 10 @ $6.50 (confidence: reasonably confident)
Post Malone - rockstar - Position #100 @ $151 (confidence: it's actually a chance)
Vera Blue - Regular Touch - Top 10 @ $51 (confidence: somewhat if Warm Tunas is anything to go by)
Brockhampton - Sweet - Top 10 @ $10 (confidence: extreme. If this gets up I break even, even if everything else fails.)
Ball Park Music - Exactly How You Are - Top 10 @ $8.50 (confidence: fair)
Smith Street Band - Birthdays - Top 10 @ $8 (confidence: reasonable)
Thundamentals - Sally - Top 10 @ $9.50 (confidence: solid, but only a small stake)
Alex Lahey - I Haven't Been Taking Care... - Top 10 @ $26 (confidence: low)
Gang of Youths - What Can I Do If... - Win @ $401 (confidence: very low but at stupid odds)

Stakes totalling to $100

Record number of votes this year!

So much for "You changed the date so you're gonna lose a heap of votes, idiots"

The boycott crowd were about as convincing as Hoops was a good winner.

Hi guys,

Long time lurker of these threads over the years but first time poster. Massive hottest 100 enthusiast and investor :)

The 'artist/song' market now says "2 songs by same artist count as 2". My reading is that it is back to songs and not artists. Do we agree?

Hi guys,

Long time lurker of these threads over the years but first time poster. Massive hottest 100 enthusiast and investor :)

The 'artist/song' market now says "2 songs by same artist count as 2". My reading is that it is back to songs and not artists. Do we agree?

Thanks for that Jaydon....happy days.

Hi guys,

Load up on 8 at $61 thanks boys!

If this is legit then it's crazy good. Max bets are $10 for the market but Warm Tunas is predicting 8 7 (forgot Lorde was NZ) Aussie tracks and all the ones floating around the #11-#15 are Aussie too. Therefore knowing we can lock in Humble at the very least Top 10 it's gonna be either 7/8/9 (Lorde/Brock)

9 is at $151 so I threw 10 on there too.

Last edited:
If this is legit then it's crazy good. Max bets are $10 for the market but Warm Tunas is predicting 8 Aussie tracks and all the ones floating around the #11-#15 are Aussie too. Therefore knowing we can lock in Humble at the very least Top 10 it's gonna be either 7/8/9 (Lorde/Brock)

9 is at $151 so I threw 10 on there too.

I would recommend 6/7/8.

followed though. thanks good find.

I would recommend 6/7/8.

followed though. thanks good find.

No probs man. Looking forward to the day.

I think 7 is probably the favourite (Kendrick/Lorde/Brock) but 8 is a chance if Brock were to slide out. Happy to pass on it at $10 though because either way it'll be money (either Brock is Top 10 and I win or Brock is out of Top 10 and it'll most likely be 8 AUS artists).

6 I'm not sure about. Warm Tunas only has one more int'l artist between #11 and #23 which is the Killers at #19.

9 is definitely an outsider and it would have to be Brock and Lorde both sliding out of the Top 10 but at those odds it's worth a nibble.

Warm tunas just updated. Was 1.6% of the votes before, now it’s at 3.17%. Not much has changed apart from Go Bang having a lot more competition at number 5.

The only 'significant' move at the top of the chart was Birthdays which had drifted down to about 15 or 16 and is now back up to 9.

Those counting Australian songs can note that every song from 11 to 18 is Australian - with just the three internationals in the top ten.

And there's just one vote separating the songs in 11th, 12th and 13th.

Another BYO they have is HUMBLE.; #1, The Deepest Sighs; Be Top 3, Green Light; Be Top 5 and Go Bang; Be Top 10 @ $16.

If do a rough multi based on their prices Humble is $1.50 to be #1, Green Light is $1.25 for top 5 and Go Bang is $2.37 for top 10. And The Deepest Sighs . . . is $1.10 for top 5, so let's say they'd be $1.20 for top 3.

Based on that it's a $5.33 multi but you can get it for $16s. Seems like a fair go to me.

Also in the aussie artists in the top 10 market the betting on "8" is currently suspended. It must've been hammered. :D

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Still considering just putting a bit on 7 in case they take the whole market down as that's the most likely result to me. I think the only the only way for Green Light is up based on the popular vote but I can see Brockhampton being one that could just slide out to make it 8 in the top 10.

Still considering just putting a bit on 7 in case they take the whole market down as that's the most likely result to me. I think the only the only way for Green Light is up based on the popular vote but I can see Brockhampton being one that could just slide out to make it 8 in the top 10.
7 and 8 were both suspended for a period there but they are back and the prices haven't changed. The most they would let me have on 8 was $10 to win $610. That's my best result but 7 is worth $450ish to me. They seem the two results most likely with six a hope if something international does better than expected. Starboy (featuring Daft Punk) was no.10 last year and predicted to be about 18 or 19 but its hard to see what international act could pull that off this year. The Killers maybe. Homemade Dynamite maybe...and for an absolute bolter perhaps Portugal the Man.

Vera Blue two songs in top 35 is paying $18.

Warm Tunas currently has Regular Touch at #11 and Mended at #26.

Max bet is $147.

Load up lads

7 and 8 were both suspended for a period there but they are back and the prices haven't changed. The most they would let me have on 8 was $10 to win $610. That's my best result but 7 is worth $450ish to me. They seem the two results most likely with six a hope if something international does better than expected. Starboy (featuring Daft Punk) was no.10 last year and predicted to be about 18 or 19 but its hard to see what international act could pull that off this year. The Killers maybe. Homemade Dynamite maybe...and for an absolute bolter perhaps Portugal the Man.

8 is suspended again for me. Unless I get that while it's open I'll probably pass. Even if you went all of 6 to 9 (and I can't figure how it could be under 6) you're still guaranteeing a decent return and no matter what you draw the line at around that mark, you're certainly getting way overs win or lose.

Vera Blue two songs in top 35 is paying $18.

Warm Tunas currently has Regular Touch at #11 and Mended at #26.

Max bet is $147.

Load up lads
This is going to be the death of me if Sportsbet somehow have the inside rail on this in scraping way more votes than the other predictors and are just completely ******* us over. :D

EDIT: That Vera Blue market is already suspended. Just snuck in a little stake thankfully.

EDIT2: It's back, but paying $6s now!

This is going to be the death of me if Sportsbet somehow have the inside rail on this in scraping way more votes than the other predictors and are just completely ******* us over. :D

EDIT: That Vera Blue market is already suspended. Just snuck in a little stake thankfully.

Lmao I’m pretty confident with that one so went large on the stake. A minute after I put it on it dropped to $12 and now it’s gone completely. Could have a big day haha!

Well done Gibbsy....I missed $18....but got $12....and now its $6

Cheers, looks like we’ve gotta be pretty quick on these, but given how weird the markets have been this entire betting period there’s bound to be some tasty stuff in this BYO section. Really only need one bet to get up to make it all worthwhile so it’s worth throwing a few different things at the wall to see what sticks.

Post Malone - Rockstar...not to be in the top 30 is paying $29 (its currently predicted at 88)

They let me put $50 on.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back