Player Watch #9: Luke Davies-Uniacke - signs until end 2025! Runner up in the 2022 Syd Barker Medal Award

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/ca...s/news-story/e4156e9c027b1e45f767f9648d204c08

AFL draftees have plumped for No.1 pick Cam Rayner to be the best of the new bunch in 2018.
More than 100 youngsters from around the country are in Melbourne for a two-day AFL Players Association induction camp.

The draftees were addressed by speakers including AFLPA president Matthew Pavlich, Richmond premiership player Kane Lambert and retired stars Leigh Montagna, Drew Petrie and Andrew Swallow.

Polled by the AFLPA, 21 per cent of 2017 draftees said Lion Rayner would win best first-year player honours, followed by Luke Davies-Uniacke (North Melbourne, 14 per cent) and Paddy Dow (Carlton, 6 per cent).

https://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/ca...s/news-story/e4156e9c027b1e45f767f9648d204c08

AFL draftees have plumped for No.1 pick Cam Rayner to be the best of the new bunch in 2018.
More than 100 youngsters from around the country are in Melbourne for a two-day AFL Players Association induction camp.

The draftees were addressed by speakers including AFLPA president Matthew Pavlich, Richmond premiership player Kane Lambert and retired stars Leigh Montagna, Drew Petrie and Andrew Swallow.

Polled by the AFLPA, 21 per cent of 2017 draftees said Lion Rayner would win best first-year player honours, followed by Luke Davies-Uniacke (North Melbourne, 14 per cent) and Paddy Dow (Carlton, 6 per cent).
Serious question: why do they always just get presentations from guys who played 10 years and 200+ games. Couldn’t they learn equally valuable lessons from Corey Wagner and Scott Gumbleton?

Couldn’t they learn equally valuable lessons from Corey Wagner?

"Ok Corey, what advice do you have for the new batch of recruits as they embark on their AFL careers?"

A-Tasty-Ethos.gif

Tracking beautifully is the word on the street, but I add that is to be expected from a guy who went pick 4. Then I remember early draft picks don't mean much. So yeah who freaking knows.
I somehow feel like I now have less information than I did before I read that.

I somehow feel like I now have less information than I did before I read that.

Yeah was just sending a shot across the bowels of those that reckon early picks are overrated. I have been Adam Ant that we have struggled because of a lack of top ten draft picks.

Yes we got lucky with Simpkin, JZ, Cunners, UDL- TT next year and fingers crossed another top ten pick and we are bringing sexy back. No freaking more 'missionary' type HBF :D

Cannot be a surprise to anyone that we offered two guys millions that went top 4 in the draft. Well it probably is a surprise.

Yeah was just sending a shot across the bowels of those that reckon early picks are overrated. I have been Adam Ant that we have struggled because of a lack of top ten draft picks.

Yes we got lucky with Simpkin, JZ, Cunners, UDL- TT next year and fingers crossed another top ten pick and we are bringing sexy back. No freaking more 'missionary' type HBF :D

Cannot be a surprise to anyone that we offered two guys millions that went top 4 in the draft. Well it probably is a surprise.

6ee358756c066f9c9658658853499c41.jpg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

LOL last time I saw Adam, well the only time I saw Adam he was selling clothes in London at the equivalent of a Jeanswest. Was a bit weird for both of us.
lucky for him it was you! I had a string of three deaths a few years ago. Wanted to go and see Buster Edwards .... he suicided, whichever one of the Krays and then he died, and I am buggered if I can remember the third, but the reaper visited them too

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back