40 Prospects to Watch in 2017

Remove this Banner Ad

Very soon. Probably in the next two weeks

liar.jpg

What I find most interesting about this is that because players develop at different rates its very hard to get a grasp on who will be in top 10 calculations a year out from the draft and even harder to nail a top 10 pick if you have one.

There are always players from each draft taken with late picks that everyone looks back on 4 years later and says how the hell did he go so late.

If the draft age was say 21 you could almost gurantee that most of the top 10 would change from when you looked at when they were 17 year olds.

You just have to have a look at those threads titled "redo the such an such draft" to realise how hard it is to get it right at the draft.

What I find most interesting about this is that because players develop at different rates its very hard to get a grasp on who will be in top 10 calculations a year out from the draft and even harder to nail a top 10 pick if you have one.

There are always players from each draft taken with late picks that everyone looks back on 4 years later and says how the hell did he go so late.

If the draft age was say 21 you could almost gurantee that most of the top 10 would change from when you looked at when they were 17 year olds.

You just have to have a look at those threads titled "redo the such an such draft" to realise how hard it is to get it right at the draft.
Speaking the truth :thumbsu:

That's why it's fun and interesting

My 40 prospects for 2018 is up
Just read your top 40 players from last year and noticed you had all 4 of Richmonds selections in your top 40
Patrick Naish , Noah Balta , Callum Coleman-Jones , Jack Higgins

Reading that and actually having all picks go in the top 25 (naish was later but only due to FS) i came to think that You have done a great job in your write up and congratulate you on that But also what an amazing draft coup for Richmond to after winning the premiership to have 4 top line kids walk into the club

curiously, where do you find all this information about junior elite athletes? From the clubs, websites or watching youtube clips?
I do alot of reading, watch a fair bit of footage and use the odd tip on whose looking really good. I'm going to get to more TAC cup games (as I am in Victoria) and find more clips from interstate so this year hopefully I'll be able to do updates weekly and do rankings on u16s, u17s and u18s plus some u15s stuff here and there

Remove this Banner Ad

Back