Play Nice 45th President of the United States: Donald Trump - Part 4 (cont in pt 5)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
How is a 3 week extension and agreeing to DACA a "win" for anyone?

As for demoralising the Dem's base, that's laughable.

While Trump is in the WH the Dem's base will be energised.

Who are you kidding....The Dems have bent over & enabled this Tyrant at every turn....Give up the false bravado.

They're all on the take, all bought & sold & owned by the same corporate Oligarchy.....It's a sham corporate run Duopoly, And we all know it.

Who are you kidding....The Dems have bent over & enabled this Tyrant at every turn....Give up the false bravado.

They're all on the take, all bought & sold & owned by the same corporate Oligarchy.....It's a sham corporate run Duopoly, And we all know it.
And they'd be happy with the brainwashing job they've done on you.

Just for lols, care to name these reptilian overlords that are supposedly running everything?

And they'd be happy with the brainwashing job they've done on you.

Just for lols, care to name these reptilian overlords that are supposedly running everything?

Sure: Just for starters;

Wall Street bankers (Especially Goldman Sachs), Big Oil (All the Rockerfeller aligned Texas boys), Big Pharma, Montsanto, The Military Ind Complex; headed by Lockheed Martin, Boeing, Raytheon, Halliburton, General Dynamics Corp, Northrop Grumman, Booz Allen, GE, Honeywell etc, etc.

LOL away at your leisure.

To prove I'm not a blindly partisan Trump follower, I will say I hate his new tariff on foreign solar panels. While China are renowned for producing poor quality goods, they are also home to many of the best quality solar manufacturers, and make the technology affordable. I get that he's encouraging American manufacturers to compete, but I get the feeling that this will simply drive prices up and demand down for solar systems.

To prove I'm not a blindly partisan Trump follower, I will say I hate his new tariff on foreign solar panels. While China are renowned for producing poor quality goods, they are also home to many of the best quality solar manufacturers, and make the technology affordable. I get that he's encouraging American manufacturers to compete, but I get the feeling that this will simply drive prices up and demand down for solar systems.
you get that prices going up when you impose tariffs on cheaper goods applies to all goods right? not just solar panels.

the math on this sucks.

only a handful of small us panel makers

a HUUUUUUUGGGGGEEEEE number of installers

best bit.

we created the technology for these panels, but because we are idiots we sold it to the yanks for a pile of beans

the yanks developed it, but figured noone would use it, so pretty much gave it away to the chinese

the chinese are now a world solar power, so the us puts tariffs on their products to teach em a lesson

Wall Street bankers (Especially Goldman Sachs), Big Oil (All the Rockerfeller aligned Texas boys), Big Pharma, Montsanto, The Military Ind Complex; headed by Lockheed Martin, Boeing, Raytheon, Halliburton, General Dynamics Corp, Northrop Grumman, Booz Allen, GE, Honeywell etc, etc.

That was too easy.:)

Let me ask you, if all those companies were out of business tomorrow what do you think would happen?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

you get that prices going up when you impose tariffs on cheaper goods applies to all goods right? not just solar panels.
Yup, but I'm fine with tariffs on certain goods. There is a time and place for them. Something as important as solar is not one of them, IMO.
the math on this sucks.

only a handful of small us panel makers

a HUUUUUUUGGGGGEEEEE number of installers

best bit.

we created the technology for these panels, but because we are idiots we sold it to the yanks for a pile of beans

the yanks developed it, but figured noone would use it, so pretty much gave it away to the chinese

the chinese are now a world solar power, so the us puts tariffs on their products to teach em a lesson
Yeah it's pretty sad. Who would've thought that free energy from the sun would become popular, considering fossil fuels are a finite resource?

To my knowledge there are zero Australian companies manufacturing them, either. I know of one company who claim to, when in reality they have all the parts made in China and just glue them together in Australia and charge nearly double for the "made in Australia" label.

Yup, but I'm fine with tariffs on certain goods. There is a time and place for them. Something as important as solar is not one of them, IMO.

Yeah it's pretty sad. Who would've thought that free energy from the sun would become popular, considering fossil fuels are a finite resource?

To my knowledge there are zero Australian companies manufacturing them, either. I know of one company who claim to, when in reality they have all the parts made in China and just glue them together in Australia and charge nearly double for the "made in Australia" label.

yep, because we aussies are going down the clean coal path.....

and im not being political about it. CC is a theoretical technology with massive issues to make it viable. but we have s**t loads of coal, so the govt has spent shitloads on it (and still does). we had solar patents but the govt saw no value in supporting the local industry, so they offloaded them to at least get a return.

we are ******* stupid

on tariffs, Im pretty much free trade on principle, but concede they are useful for certain items. tariffs that simply raise the cost to your own consumers however (due to lack of alternatives) is just stupid.

Let me ask you, if all those companies were out of business tomorrow what do you think would happen?
It's similar to your clubs sponsors. If your clubs sponsers went out of business tomorrow, they would be replaced by the next company waiting eagerly in line.

It's similar to your clubs sponsors. If your clubs sponsers went out of business tomorrow, they would be replaced by the next company waiting eagerly in line.
So where's the conspiracy?

Basically this, but more the effectiveness of their "interference". I do think they probably made attempts to have an influence, that much makes sense. I mean, I think every single other actor with a vested interest in the election outcome made attempts. Even I was shilling for Trump as I'd bet a decent amount of coin on him to win. But do you have any idea how much money & planning went into Jeb Bush's campaign? How much went into Hilary's? The connections they have? Not to mention all the other candidates ... and then all the other vested interests in general. Just think about all of the moving parts involved. There's no way Russia could have pantsed them all. No way.
The Russians 'pantsed them all' due to the fact they are far more experienced at it.

In Democratic nations, up until Trump, the emphasis has been that scare campaigns or attack ads should be based somewhat on some sort of truth and policy. I know the reflex response will be 'but X lied about Y', or 'they don't care about policy', and I'm happy to explain all of the differences, but let's not get bogged down in that already.

Instead, the point is that Democratic nations with a free press, regularly have changes of government and/or media companies revealing info about politicians, institutions, powerful people, etc. All of that influences public opinion. You can't get away with the out-n-out lies and corruption (again - I'm happy to argue this point).

On the flip-side Putin has been in charge for a long time, Russian media companies are shut down and journalists 'disappear', and Putin has a surprising level of popularity for an economy not doing very well that is coupled to extreme inequality. This is due to those direct interventions, and also due to media manipulation practiced over decades, including with a lot of manipulation via the internet.

Additionally, Russia was once a world superpower, but they are relatively weak now. So they are keen to exercise more power - 'make Russia great again'. Their campaigns have therefore gotten bigger.

The reason Russia's conduct is so disappointing is because they aren't a 'developing' nation. They have many very well-educated people. They have had many types of politics. Yet they currently aren't very Democratic and have grown adept at manipulating the internet.

Do you really want our own politicians in the West to become that adept at manipulating people via the internet using trolls, bots and misinformation? I don't. I wouldn't vote for those people if they tried it. I wouldn't be alone in thinking that. Because we are a proper Democracy.

Sponsers pay clubs big bucks for something in return. And we know what that is. Just look at any club merchandise for starters. And the adverts between every goal on tv.

Same goes for the big corporations that Procrastinator35 listed. They pay big bucks to all the politicians and especially the GOP. The problem is, what are they getting in return for their generous donations.

Sponsers pay clubs big bucks for something in return. And we know what that is. Just look at any club merchandise for starters. And the adverts between every goal on tv.

Same goes for the big corporations that Procrastinator35 listed. They pay big bucks to all the politicians and especially the GOP. The problem is, what are they getting in return for their generous donations.

Not competition :(

The Russians 'pantsed them all' due to the fact they are far more experienced at it.

In Democratic nations, up until Trump, the emphasis has been that scare campaigns or attack ads should be based somewhat on some sort of truth and policy. I know the reflex response will be 'but X lied about Y', or 'they don't care about policy', and I'm happy to explain all of the differences, but let's not get bogged down in that already.

Instead, the point is that Democratic nations with a free press, regularly have changes of government and/or media companies revealing info about politicians, institutions, powerful people, etc. All of that influences public opinion. You can't get away with the out-n-out lies and corruption (again - I'm happy to argue this point).

On the flip-side Putin has been in charge for a long time, Russian media companies are shut down and journalists 'disappear', and Putin has a surprising level of popularity for an economy not doing very well that is coupled to extreme inequality. This is due to those direct interventions, and also due to media manipulation practiced over decades, including with a lot of manipulation via the internet.

Additionally, Russia was once a world superpower, but they are relatively weak now. So they are keen to exercise more power - 'make Russia great again'. Their campaigns have therefore gotten bigger.

The reason Russia's conduct is so disappointing is because they aren't a 'developing' nation. They have many very well-educated people. They have had many types of politics. Yet they currently aren't very Democratic and have grown adept at manipulating the internet.

Do you really want our own politicians in the West to become that adept at manipulating people via the internet using trolls, bots and misinformation? I don't. I wouldn't vote for those people if they tried it. I wouldn't be alone in thinking that. Because we are a proper Democracy.

lets not be holier than holy about this

USA has been corrupting political campaigns in South America and Africa for decades. They also intervened in our politics when they saw Gough Whitlam as a threat

Next you'll be telling me the sky is blue.

When was this not the norm? Especially with Congress?

Whinging that politicians are self interested is like whinging that water is wet. If the excuse for rationalising Trump is that he's somehow exposing that, well, frankly you are part of the problem.

They buy the government in return for favors at the expense of every American Citizen.....That should be obvious.

Take the Big Pharma Pacs for instance.....Bernie Sanders attempted to pass a bill whereby Americans could access half-priced drugs from Canada.

So if little Johnny needs an inhaler for his asthma, or an epi-pen for his anaphylaxis, then his parents won't go broke trying to save his life.

And what does Big Parma do?.....It pays off 12 Democrats to cross the floor in order to crush the Bill to the tune of $3 million dollars, divvied out among them.

Enough with the silliness already.

Next you'll be telling me the sky is blue.

When was this not the norm? Especially with Congress?

Whinging that politicians are self interested is like whinging that water is wet. If the excuse for rationalising Trump is that he's somehow exposing that, well, frankly you are part of the problem.

Right...So on the one hand you claim it's a conspiracy, while on the other wiping it off as obvious.....Make up your mind.

It should be obvious that all these politicians are selling out their electorates (You know the people they were elected to serve...Remember their oath to the constitution?) while greasing their own pockets at their electorates expense....Who then have to pay exorbitant prices for drugs from the pharmacy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back