Training 2018 Pre Season

Remove this Banner Ad

Anyone know about Pies v Hawks in a practice match where we gave them a touch up last week ?

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

I dont know about this, but if true it sounds nice.:)

The club has been promoting an open training session for the girls this morning. Cant make it unfortunately, but wish I could.

Good Degoe

4 Flags in a row, imagine that
Nov 25, 2017
In my pants
AFL Club
Collingwood
Stephanie Chiocci‏ Verified account @Steph_Chiocci Dec 17
This is what it’s about!! Thank you to the fans who came out to support us this morning; we loved having you there! Community is important to us & we love being a part of the @CollingwoodFC family with you @CollingwoodFCW #FOREVER #gopies #sidebyside

DRNnDwYVAAI1Zlw.jpg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Some good stuff happening with our AFLW team this year. We appear to have appointed a much improved band of assistants for a start. Coach Siekman also seems to be more embedded in the club (he was part of the team which recently went to the NT). Hopefully all this is an indication that the club is taking the girls team more seriously.

The thing which gives me heart in some of the player comments is that they're talking about clearer lines of communication between coaching staff and players, and there seems to have been an implicit acknowledgment that the game plan last season was (a) too complicated and/or (b) not suitable to our personnel.

More indication that we seem to now be taking more of a longterm approach. I don't know about the comments around not playing 2 wings last season though as we often looked to have two extras in the midfield leaving us exposed at both ends.

Also tucked at the bottom of that article is info on a practice match:
Collingwood takes on Melbourne in a practice match on Friday, January 18, at the Holden Centre, ahead of its round one, season-opening clash against Carlton on Friday, February 2, at Ikon Park.

More indication that we seem to now be taking more of a longterm approach. I don't know about the comments around not playing 2 wings last season though as we often looked to have two extras in the midfield leaving us exposed at both ends.

Also tucked at the bottom of that article is info on a practice match:

What time is the Practice Game?

jackcass

Cancelled
10k Posts Magpie Service Medal Collingwood - Josh Daicos Player Sponsor 2021 Collingwood - Tyler Brown Player Sponsor 2020 Collingwood Magpies AFLW - Sarah Rowe Player Sponsor 2019
Oct 8, 2007
Bendigo
AFL Club
Collingwood

What does a $2 ticket get you that isn't available via the free GA option?

Had my photo taken with the team late today, as part of the sponsorship package. Saw Fearntastic there too!

Quite a few sponsors in attendance, and others who'd won a competition to be part of the photo shoot. We milled about in the foyer, saw the girls go in and line up on the stand, then they were joined by the coaches and assistants (shout out to Lynden Dunn) and Christine Holgate. There may have been other CFC Board members in there, but none I recognised.

After they finished with the officials, we were shown in one by one, and directed to a seat in the front row of the stand. The girls cheered us, there was much smiling and waving, and then it was done.

I felt a bit foolish and self-conscious, TBH, but still chuffed. The photo will be framed and sent out to me. If that's done in 'Collingwood membership time', then it could be months.:D

It was great to see u last night Vicky Park :) it was an enjoyable night. When I went in Choch started the Fearny chant lol.
Can't wait for the season launch tomorrow night :D
Our girls r so lovely!!!

You have your own chant? Well done Fearn.:thumbsu:

See you tomorrow night.

It was great to see u last night Vicky Park :) it was an enjoyable night. When I went in Choch started the Fearny chant lol.
Can't wait for the season launch tomorrow night :D
Our girls r so lovely!!!
Sounds like we've found our AFLW Joffa.:)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back