Roast Internet in Australia is a Joke

Remove this Banner Ad

Interestingly, our business service provider rang me today and said he wanted to come and change the internet provider.
From Optus to Telstra!
Now I’m no fan of either of the big two. But straight after the changeover the speed was so much better. Will do a speed test tomorrow, but there was a day when we were getting under 3 Mbps. Yes, that’s correct, 3 Mbps, that’s why our provider has acted.
I had a chat with him, and he agreed that Aussie were one of the best out there, but for them, who need to have backend access, it doesn’t work. Aussie are, rightly, protective of what they have achieved.

We are getting a Phone Call Tommorow from the Ombudsman about our Shitty Service from optus.

I also Sometimes we get speeds about 3-4mbps. Our Upload Speeds at times been Faster then Download

Ombudsman are as useless for Slow Internet Speeds as **** on a Bull.

We have the Shitty FTTN and they pretty much said we have to up with this Poor Excuse of the Internet that is in Australia.

The Government has sent Australia's Internet Backwards.

Last edited:

Guess NBN Australia is full of Corrupt campaigners who only care about Them selves and Only Worried about how much Money they put in the Pocket and * everyone else.

And the Goverments do * All accept for taking Brown Paper Bag Full of Money under the Table

NBN Australia is Sending Australia Backwards instead of Forward

Need some NASA internet speeds. 91 gigabits per second.

Imagine downloading a 50gb game in less than 5 seconds?

Even ignoring the consumer perspective. Businesses would have smiles from ear to ear with those internet speeds. So much is done online today with massive online networks, databases, storage, google docs and the various programs that they use. The improvement in productivity per person, per business and within all types of organisations including government would be radical. It's would give employers incentive to expand and hire more people as they'd be more productive and globally competitive and it would as a result lead to a strong increase in economic growth.

#Investtogrow #Economics101

Need some NASA internet speeds. 91 gigabits per second.

Imagine downloading a 50gb game in less than 5 seconds?

Even ignoring the consumer perspective. Businesses would have smiles from ear to ear with those internet speeds. So much is done online today with massive online networks, databases, storage, google docs and the various programs that they use. The improvement in productivity per person, per business and within all types of organisations including government would be radical. It's would give employers incentive to expand and hire more people as they'd be more productive and globally competitive and it would as a result lead to a strong increase in economic growth.

#Investtogrow #Economics101

That Make Sense but Idiot's in Charge of the Country and NBN would be Pretty Bloody Dumb and Corrupt

Conceptually with investments. It's important not to just invest for a mild improvement. You have to go all out. If you do, you won't need to upgrade again in a year or two.

Why half the price when you can get four times the improvement if you pay double? And then have to upgrade twice as often?

Most practical would be investing in world fastest internet infrastructure so that productivity is increased on the greatest level, and the time until the infrastructure needs to be upgraded can be maximised.

Conceptually with investments. It's important not to just invest for a mild improvement. You have to go all out. If you do, you won't need to upgrade again in a year or two.

Why half the price when you can get four times the improvement if you pay double? And then have to upgrade twice as often?

Most practical would be investing in world fastest internet infrastructure so that productivity is increased on the greatest level, and the time until the infrastructure needs to be upgraded can be maximised.

Problem is that Rupert Murdoch and Grahame Burke(2 Big Bribers to the Liberals) told them Aussie don't need Fast Internet. Just to save there Business as they think that Faster Internet means People would Stream and Download Video instead of Getting Ripped Off by Foxtel and Village Roadshow.

So They don't think they need to spend much money as they where Told/Bribed to only have a Small Upgrade instead of the BIG ONE THAT SHOULD OF BEEN DONE

(Log in to remove this ad.)

My Speed Now. That is Disgusting though this is the worst time to be on the Internet.

Disgusting when Uploads Speeds are lot faster then Download Speeds

6988202408.png

My Speed Now. That is Disgusting though this is the worst time to be on the Internet.

6988202408.png

Got to get off Optus mate.
My work provider just did it.
We had complained, and I was able to provide screenshots similar to yours, about the speeds.
The provider moved us to a Telstra link. Now I’m now Telstra fan, just the opposite in fact, but our speeds are now higher and consistent.
Not to the speed I get at home, despite work being FTTP, but better anyway.
Have asked the boss to up the plan, no response yet.

Got to get off Optus mate.
My work provider just did it.
We had complained, and I was able to provide screenshots similar to yours, about the speeds.
The provider moved us to a Telstra link. Now I’m now Telstra fan, just the opposite in fact, but our speeds are now higher and consistent.
Not to the speed I get at home, despite work being FTTP, but better anyway.
Have asked the boss to up the plan, no response yet.

We have Tried but we could Not. We Tried the Ombudsman but he said he could do nothing to help us get out of our Contract with Optus:'(

So we have to wait to Mid-Year to get our of this Contract with Optus

That is super s**t dave.
That's cave man days speed.
You have every right to be pissed off with that

When this Happens I feel like I should bring out my Dial-Up Modem at Times

6988202408.png

About my old adsl speed Dave

Now even with ipad in next room to router

FC312305-30FE-4339-9B0A-A36127FEB629.png

About my old adsl speed Dave

Now even with ipad in next room to router

View attachment 453451
That is fantastic, lucky you.
What plan, Cost, connection,Optus?

I have the $80 (same as Dave I think) plan with Fetch included (1 entertainment package and Optus sport). Unlimited and have been told that I should get 23mbps download 4mbps upload and the service is currently 87% capacity. I imagine it will get worse if the capacity goes up. Am connected via HFC:(.

I have often gotten this but today it has dropped.

2018-01-25_105533.jpg

Having problems with Optus at the moment as only two rooms away, speed drops to about 3.48mbps.

Will go to Jaycar this week and buy a longer cable from wall to NBN so I can move the modem a bit closer to the other room where my smart TV is.

I have the $80 (same as Dave I think) plan with Fetch included (1 entertainment package and Optus sport). Unlimited and have been told that I should get 23mbps download 4mbps upload and the service is currently 87% capacity. I imagine it will get worse if the capacity goes up. Am connected via HFC:(.

View attachment 453555

Having problems with Optus at the moment as only two rooms away, speed drops to about 3.48mbps.

Will go to Jaycar this week and buy a longer cable from wall to NBN so I can move the modem a bit closer to the other room where my smart TV is.

That for me what I call Fast Internet with Optus NBN25.

I see you had Simmlar Problem to me Maggie5 where it get to 0-3 Download but went back to what I normally get around 9:30

View attachment 453555

Have a loôk at the carrier on the speedtest image.

With Uniti Wireless 50/10 for 84 per month for 500gb

Can upgrade to 100/40 for an extra 19 per month.
But I can stream in 4k so probably dont neèd more speed right now.

Have a loôk at the carrier on the speedtest image.

With Uniti Wireless 50/10 for 84 per month for 500gb

Can upgrade to 100/40 for an extra 19 per month.
But I can stream in 4k so probably dont neèd more speed right now.

We can only Stream in SD not HD or 4k would not even start.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back