Game of Sloane (THE OFFICIAL HE IS STAYING thread) Thread now closed

Do you think Sloane will stay?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
My gut feeling is I genuinely have nfi what he is going to do.
In all honesty, none of us have a clue about what's going on. All we can do is sit back and hope, although if I had to guess at this stage I'd say staying.

A week ago I thought he was going, though. This is Lever all over again

Sure - but over the past 4-5 years, Sloane has been the one. That’s why it is so depressing

Well if he walks out on the club, he isn’t the great, loyal, heart and soul, servant of the club many of us thought he was. Phil Walsh’s decision to make Tex captain is looking more and more genius every year.

Well if he walks out on the club, he isn’t the great, loyal, heart and soul, servant of the club many of us thought he was. Phil Walsh’s decision to make Tex captain is looking more and more genius every year.
Chicken, egg I wonder

Pretty pathetic if so. Missing out on the Captaincy to Tex should not be an issue that makes you walk. I am pretty certain Rory would not be worried too much by that.
I wonder if Dangerfield had been named captain if he'd still be here

People are human. They have ambition.

Rory? Who knows. He was pretty cut up initially I remember reading.

True, but if not having the title as captain is the catalyst or at least a contributing factor in him leaving then he is not a real leader.
Is Tex not a real leader then?

He stayed sure but was also given the seat on the throne.

I wonder if Dangerfield had been named captain if he'd still be here

People are human. They have ambition.

Rory? Who knows. He was pretty cut up initially I remember reading.
The only way Danger would have stayed is if Adelaode became a region of Victoria and he got to be the most popular player in the Victorian media.

That was never going to happen playing for us

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Was he going?

I guess if David King suggested he was gone it must be true?

Tex has too much investment in SA through Roo to leave this state. Not to mention he loves the Club.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think everyone knows that Tex is a leader of men. He is loyal, passionate, demanding, aggressive........and he can do things on the field that are truly motivating. His biggest issue is not being consistent. He can take a spectacular mark and then he can miss so many easier marks. He can play a great quarter of footy then he disappears. He can play a great game of footy and then he goes weeks without doing too much. So Tex is a valuable member of the make up of the team and despite his lack of consistency he still managed to kick 54 goals last year which is a significant contribution.

I think everyone knows that Tex is a leader of men. He is loyal, passionate, demanding, aggressive........and he can do things on the field that are truly motivating. His biggest issue is not being consistent. He can take a spectacular mark and then he can miss so many easier marks. He can play a great quarter of footy then he disappears. He can play a great game of footy and then he goes weeks without doing too much. So Tex is a valuable member of the make up of the team and despite his lack of consistency he still managed to kick 54 goals last year which is a significant contribution.
Hes not everyone's cup of tea though. Can be a little divisive. Some love his passion and loyalty, which he is well paid for. Others see it as a business and a career.

Hes not everyone's cup of tea though. Can be a little divisive. Some love his passion and loyalty, which he is well paid for. Others see it as a business and a career.

Understand. Even though I see Walker as a leader I always wanted Sloane to be the Captain.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back