Coaching Staff Simon Dalrymple

Remove this Banner Ad

He was solely responsible for developing a list that took us to a flag in only a few years. Compare our list in 2010 to the flag team. There is a reason we were one of the youngest flag teams in history (and it wasn't just the umpires, lol!). We didn't trade very much for that team.

He had less resources than almost any other person in his position. He has an epic strike rate.

You have the best talent spotter and recruiter in the AFL.

Very encouraging news. You'd be hard pressed to fault the moves we've made over the last few months in reassessing our off-the-field staff. 3 very respected and talented people from other clubs with new ideas in Cox, Johnson and Dalrymple - after many of us had said we seem stale as a club - seems like just the tonic.

Widely regarded as the most important "player" in their quick rebuild and without peer as a recruiter. To have two recruiters of this ilk is wonderful for the club. An off season of significantly positive refreshing of off field personnel. This club does these things so well.

Not surprised by the reaction to this news on the Dogs board.

Jumped over to the Dogs board, they're a friendly enough bunch. Does seem like they rate Dalrymple a fair bit. From all my reading over there he is a mini Kinnear Beatson in that he nails late round and rookie picks. Combining the two of them will be easily the best recruitment team in the league and I believe any objective analysis of our pick and rookie conversion rates, list age and cap spend demographics already had us as best in the league.

Jumped over to the Dogs board, they're a friendly enough bunch. Does seem like they rate Dalrymple a fair bit. From all my reading over there he is a mini Kinnear Beatson in that he nails late round and rookie picks. Combining the two of them will be easily the best recruitment team in the league and I believe any objective analysis of our pick and rookie conversion rates, list age and cap spend demographics already had us as best in the league.

The Bulldogs board is the only one I have ever been banned from. I was banned years ago when I called Jason Akermanis a tool, or something like that.

Bloody stoked with this.

Looks like the club decided for a fairly extensive overhaul of the off field footy dptmt this offseason & I'm a big fan. Always sad to lose people but we need to continually try to improve & find that next edge.

Looking forward to seeing what he & Kinnear can do... I suspect they'll make some magic happen!!

The Bulldogs board is the only one I have ever been banned from. I was banned years ago when I called Jason Akermanis a tool, or something like that.

You didn't argue "reasonably held belief"? Seems like an easy legal win to me.

On this guy...haven't they recruited a heck of a lot of talls lately? While others are going the other way. The team that least needed Shache got him.
Keiran Collins might be a useful pick up if he's off contract. Bah 1 year extension in June, could be a cheap trade given they picked up Naughton in the draft.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You didn't argue "reasonably held belief"? Seems like an easy legal win to me.

On this guy...haven't they recruited a heck of a lot of talls lately? While others are going the other way. The team that least needed Shache got him.
Keiran Collins might be a useful pick up if he's off contract. Bah 1 year extension in June, could be a cheap trade given they picked up Naughton in the draft.

With Mccartin and Blakey coming (hopefully) I think we may have hit the jackpot with those two.

Sounds great. Reading between the lines it appears he left because had someone brought in over the top of him. Anyone know the facts ? It's just a shame Tippet didn't retire and Dalrymple didn't come on board before the latest draft period.

Can I just point out how much our progression since Dalrymple became our head recruiter has closely mirrored the Bulldogs after he joined them?

Recruits a whole bunch of players with kicking skills, toughness and endurance and within a few years are competing in finals and are premiership contenders. Not to mention his ability to find value late in the draft.

This guy knows what he is doing and getting him was a huge coup.

Can I just point out how much our progression since Dalrymple became our head recruiter has closely mirrored the Bulldogs after he joined them?

Recruits a whole bunch of players with kicking skills, toughness and endurance and within a few years are competing in finals and are premiership contenders. Not to mention his ability to find value late in the draft.

To me kicking skills is the big one. So many more opportunities open up for teams when every player in the team is a good kick, or most of them.

We also appear to have drafted well out of our Covid years.

Think him and Beatson work very well together.

To me kicking skills is the big one. So many more opportunities open up for teams when every player in the team is a good kick, or most of them.
The ball moves faster by kicking than ran. The Hawthorn 3peat was built on elite users

The ball moves faster by kicking than ran. The Hawthorn 3peat was built on elite users

Exactly. It is why we want the ball in guys like Blakey's, Gulden's, Warner's hands because they are very good kicks and know they are, so they are willing to take the risky kick that opens up play in a way other players wouldn't.

Exactly. It is why we want the ball in guys like Blakey's, Gulden's, Warner's hands because they are very good kicks and know they are, so they are willing to take the risky kick that opens up play in a way other players wouldn't.
Watching those three guys (and Mills), plus Campbell once he finds his way, kick the ball is a thing of beauty.

When they go for the impossible kick and it does open up the ground, it’s the biggest weapon you can have.

Kudos to Dalrymple 👏

Another trait he likes is first touch players. They get the ball mostly first touch. Love him.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back